Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues: Better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
literally nothing you said there is even remotely close to being accurate

youre a fan i get it but let's be real here

if he's physical its like when your puppy is wrestling with your foot, losing, and you don't even realize it and look down and laugh

I feel like you don't actually pay attention to Zucc. He is routinely one of our most physical players on the forecheck it's kinda sad since he is the smallest player we have. He's very aggressive.

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
again with the little analogies. youre not even watching him play. you cannot get past the height.

Just cause he disagrees with you doesn't mean he isn't watching and is blinded by height. Let the excuses continue! I got news for you guys, he's not your little brother or buddy, people aren't picking on him.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
and he should take pyatt dmoore and mza with him

dorsett on a short short leash if i'm AV

MZA was maybe the best Ranger in the opening game and he was one of the best Rangers in the entire stretch since he came back. To argue that he has nothing to do in the NHL is pretty laughable.

Pyatt is a depth player and a body that the team actually needs atm like it or not.

And you dont want Dorsett gone ? The guy is the indirect reason that we lost today. BONEHEAD penalties that directly leads to PP goals.

Add Biron in the mix, and you know why we walked away from this with no points

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Not a good argument? The team looking overmatched doesn't mean that it's acceptable on an individual basis. Too many excuses around here for certain players and the team in general.

Well if the Whole team sucks, so why do u focus only on one player? Come up With a better argument. I agree that Zucca has to play better, but Our main focus must be on defense. 20 goals against in the last 3 games are just to much. The fact is that Zucc is just invisible, while other players make horrible mistakes that leads to goals, like Staal on the first goal, stepans turnover, turnovers in the defensive zone etc. That should be the focus, not Boyle, Biron, Zucca, Pyatt etc.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
yah you are right its hard to get past his height and weight when its really the main reason he doesn't belong in the league. he's very skilled but there are women that have better NHL builds then this guy. i've watched him plenty my friend. you like him because you find him adorable. thats really it like a mascot.

if he was even 5 7 and thicker he might have a chance. but truth is he doesn't skate all that well for a guy that small (same problem prucha had and he was BIGGER) and he's NOT STRONG AT ALL. he's routinely abused and overpowered.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Just cause he disagrees with you doesn't mean he isn't watching and blinded by height. Let the excuses continue! I got news for you guys, he's not your little brother or buddy, people aren't picking on him.

literally everything he has said has compared zuccarello to a child or puppy. how is that not blinded by size? you are actually critiquing his game which i respect but this guy has not said anything other than he is small.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Zuccarello does a lot of good things when he's on the ice, and also has a ton of confidence in his puck control on the PP. Get over his size, open your eyes, and see the little things that Zucc does right.

0 points doesn't mean he's playing poorly. Watch the games, don't just look at the stat sheet.

It's also HILARIOUS to single out one player who isn't named Derek Dorsett or Marty Biron after tonight's game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone else getting excited about Fast? The guy shows some good flashes. Not saying he's been world beater but he's shown flashes.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
its not that hard to actually watch him play and see the little things that he is doing that are good
thoug

Little things don't cut it after awhile. He works his ass off and I give him credit for that but he just doesn't have the size to be a dominant forechecker. He has to make up for it with some production.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Zuccarello does a lot of good things when he's on the ice, and also has a ton of confidence in his puck control on the PP. Get over his size, open your eyes, and see the little things that Zucc does right.

0 points doesn't mean he's playing poorly. Watch the games, don't just look at the stat sheet.

It's also HILARIOUS to single out one player who isn't named Derek Dorsett or Marty Biron after tonight's game.

Yep, my favorite was how 4 or so players need to be off the team but Dorsett just needs to be on a short leash. The guy does nothing but take bad penalties.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Serious question: Why was Doresett on still on the ice after his third penalty ? This is minus 9000 points on AV in my book. At least Torts didn't put up with crap like that.

savebyrichter94

Sep 14, 2008
PA
Well if the Whole team sucks, so why do u focus only on one player? Come up With a better argument. I agree that Zucca has to play better, but Our main focus must be on defense. 20 goals against in the last 3 games are just to much. The fact is that Zucc is just invisible, while other players make horrible mistakes that leads to goals, like Staal on the first goal, stepans turnover, turnovers in the defensive zone etc. That should be the focus, not Boyle, Biron, Zucca, Pyatt etc.

I already came up with a solid argument rooted in reality, you just refuse to accept it. Just agree to disagree and you can keep singing the guys praises all you like.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

this is what you get from hf regarding "zucca"

well he's invisible instead of making mistakes so much better got it.

and for those saying he's physical. IT DOESN"T MATTER he's a nat they swipe him away he isn't causing any turnovers any damage with his physicality

HE"S GOT ZERO POINTS

he's got maybe one shot on net that i've seen

and yes he's not the only one that sucks. but that's not how i started it. i said THIS THIS THIS AND THIS GUY should be gone. but again since this is hf you see some people not liking "yucca" and forget it the crowd comes to the rescue. i'm not sure why he's done literally nothing for the rangers really.

never scored a big goal in a big spot never had a moment. couple shootout moves when no one is chasing him shocker he's got good hands.

don't get it other than the fact HE"S LITTLE AND WE LOVE HIM

savebyrichter94

Sep 14, 2008
PA
Serious question: Why was Doresett on still on the ice after his third penalty ? This is minus 9000 points on AV in my book. At least Torts didn't put up with crap like that.

Cause he made a dumb choice to dress 7 D and leave us short a forward. We had to keep throwing him out there to spread minutes.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
literally everything he has said has compared zuccarello to a child or puppy. how is that not blinded by size? you are actually critiquing his game which i respect but this guy has not said anything other than he is small.

sounds like you are the one blinded by size because that's all you seem to have taken from my posts about him

i told you all the reasons he's not good enough you chose to ignore them and focus on me calling him LIKE A child or a puppy

you are the one blinded by size my friend

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

should have been benched

for some reason AV went with 7 D which made that hard to do

dumb coaching move

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think this fanbase needs to give Dorsett a chance.

A player that plays on the line will go over sometimes, but I really thought he sparked the team early in the game when we were getting outshot 11-2 or whatever it was. When things tarted getting chippy, we started controlling the play.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
should have been benched

for some reason AV went with 7 D which made that hard to do

dumb coaching move

the idea behind that was its easier for a dman to play forward than it is for a forward to play d. not that bad of an idea actually.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Little things don't cut it after awhile. He works his ass off and I give him credit for that but he just doesn't have the size to be a dominant forechecker. He has to make up for it with some production.

This times 1000. I literally can't remember the last time he scored a goal. He is an offensive player who is producing no offense. MZA is not going to stay in the nhl if this continues, period.

savebyrichter94

Sep 14, 2008
PA
the idea behind that was its easier for a dman to play forward than it is for a forward to play d. not that bad of an idea actually.

The original intent may have been good but the end result was not. Turned out to be a bad call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad