Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues: Better?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Felt like the 3rd goal was worse than the 2nd, 2nd was classic Biron five hole, the 3rd one was just I don't even know what that was?

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
No one has mentioned it but Zuccarello needs to go. If he isn't scoring, he is a completely useless player at the nhl level.

Of all the players who are struggling, for whatever reason I'm most willing to give Zucc some time to find his game. I wouldn't object to him sitting a game here or there if he continues to be invisible. But I have a gut feeling that he will turn it around...eventually...and have a pretty good year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
goaltending atrocious again

this time it was THE reason we lost the game

biron didn't have to make a BIG save he had to make a couple routine saves.

laughable his performance he should be gone after tonight

and he should take pyatt dmoore and mza with him

dorsett on a short short leash if i'm AV

Why isn't Dorsett put in the same category of should be gone and is just on a short leash? Worst player on the ice today. At least Biron just sucks, this guy is a selfish idiot.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Dorsett should be replaced. 2 offensive zone penalites are not okey. And that Third one didnt look good aswell.

It's not just one game. It's a trend. What does he put on the positive side of the ledger, compared to the negative side of the ledger?
I think he is a stupid player.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
POTG: Richards - he's been a legit first line offensive threat this year. 4 goals, 2 assists in 5 games, 3 points tonight. Awesome performance, and he's been looking great on the PP, too.

Good: Stepan - he's starting to get his game back. He's making plays and getting points. He's been very effective on the PP. Callahan - he's going to the net and scoring goals, hitting, being Callahan. Fast - I love what I've seen from him. It's a shame he's been paired with two offensive blackholes in Pouliot and Boyle. Zuccarello - also making plays, still snakebitten, though. He HAS to be paired with a shooter, we're wasting his playmaking skills. At least put him with Richards, Callahan, or Nash when he gets back.

The PP was fantastic tonight, best I've seen it in quite some time, against one of the best PKing teams in the league over the past few seasons.

Bad: Pouliot - seriously, this guy is trash. What does he add aside from a handsy play every once in a blue moon? Boyle - watching him lumber around the ice is getting really painful. He's playing too many minutes, again. Injuries play a factor, but, coming from the poster whose name is based on Boyle, I am looking forward to the day he is traded and replaced with one of our kids in the minors. Dorsett - moronic penalties. I get what he's going for, but jeez, play with some composure, dude.

The entire defense was underwhelming/putrid, they were missing coverage and turning the puck over all night. Looked better than they did in previous games, though, so I guess it's an improvement.

Redden: Biron - need I say more?

Overall, tonight was a HUGE improvement and pleasant surprise in terms of effort and how the team played. They hung in there. Nash and Hagelin being out definitely is noticeable, so hopefully the team can start to show even more positive signs of improvement when these two return.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
POSITIVES

the PP getting much better

Brad Richards he's back

Derek Stepan getting better

Ryan Callahan getting better

Dan Girardi played his best game in a LONG TIME

Marty Biron Exposed as the garbage that he is. Should be Cam Talbot's job as of tomorrow

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Also, last game of the western road trip. Three days before the next game. One game over the next seven days. Hopefully Nash can return for either one of the Caps/Devils games.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Never thought I'd see a stretch where the team's major problem is goaltending, but so far....

Also, in all his years with the Rangers I don't think I've seen Staal play a worse game.

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
Just looking over those forwards lines and I don't know how we can expect much better. Brassard and Callahan are on our first line. The second and third lines include the names Fast, Pouliot, Boyle, Pyatt, Zuccarello.

Thats just a dreadful group on the wings

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Think we are seeing why Pouliot is 27 and on his 5th team, I'm sure he will have a streak of good play, but he is bringing nothing right now, obviously not the only one either.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
If AV didn't make the stupid decision to dress 7 dmen he wouldn't have been forced to keep sending Dorsett out there. We were short a forward and couldn't afford to sit anyone.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Just looking over those forwards lines and I don't know how we can expect much better. Brassard and Callahan are on our first line. The second and third lines include the names Fast, Pouliot, Boyle, Pyatt, Zuccarello.

Thats just a dreadful group on the wings

We didnt loose this game because of those u mentioned. We lost because Biron sucked, Staal focused to much on the puck and forgot Steen, Stepans turnover, Dorsetts stupid penalties, Falks stupid penalites and turnovers in the defensive zone.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
POTG: Richards - he's been a legit first line offensive threat this year. 4 goals, 2 assists in 5 games, 3 points tonight. Awesome performance, and he's been looking great on the PP, too.

Good: Stepan - he's starting to get his game back. He's making plays and getting points. He's been very effective on the PP. Callahan - he's going to the net and scoring goals, hitting, being Callahan. Fast - I love what I've seen from him. It's a shame he's been paired with two offensive blackholes in Pouliot and Boyle. Zuccarello - also making plays, still snakebitten, though. He HAS to be paired with a shooter, we're wasting his playmaking skills. At least put him with Richards, Callahan, or Nash when he gets back.

The PP was fantastic tonight, best I've seen it in quite some time, against one of the best PKing teams in the league over the past few seasons.

Bad: Pouliot - seriously, this guy is trash. What does he add aside from a handsy play every once in a blue moon? Boyle - watching him lumber around the ice is getting really painful. He's playing too many minutes, again. Injuries play a factor, but, coming from the poster whose name is based on Boyle, I am looking forward to the day he is traded and replaced with one of our kids in the minors. Dorsett - moronic penalties. I get what he's going for, but jeez, play with some composure, dude.

The entire defense was underwhelming/putrid, they were missing coverage and turning the puck over all night. Looked better than they did in previous games, though, so I guess it's an improvement.

Redden: Biron - need I say more?

Overall, tonight was a HUGE improvement and pleasant surprise in terms of effort and how the team played. They hung in there. Nash and Hagelin being out definitely is noticeable, so hopefully the team can start to show even more positive signs of improvement when these two return.

The thing that bugs me...and I know that this might start up the same old argument, but when this team was giving up two goals a game under Torts but struggling to score goals, so many fans were calling for more "skilled" guys (like Pouliot) to be playing on our third line instead of grinders like Boyle, Fedotenko, Mitchell, Rupp, etc.

I'm not saying that the team would necessarily be better, but all I'm saying is that this is what so many fans asked for. And granted, I loved the team under Torts and loved the 11-12 team more than any since 94, but I took a lot of flack for suggesting that there would be consequences for dumping some of our gritty, defensive, hard-nosed players for more "skill" guys.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
where is this zucc hate coming from?

From the fact that while he is a very inspiring figure given his size and his will to compete he isn't a finisher and he isn't getting assists or setting up plays right now either. He looks overmatched at this level to me but then again so do some other players on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad