Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues: Better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
Progress. Biron let them down in the second. Dorsett deserves to sit. Took 3 stupid penalties.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
They should have won this game. Martin Biron and Derek Dorsett are the reasons they didn't.

This game was a huge improvement for most of the team.

The Good: Richards, Callahan, McDonagh,
The Bad: Pyatt, Zuccarello,Falk
The Redden: Dorsett, Biron

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Don't worry guys, the guy who isn't our coach says we need about 30 more games, focus on the positives!

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Eh they probably played better tonight against the Blues than in our magical overhyped 11-12 season, in fact they did, minus the terrible goaltending.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Stop in NY. The biggest thing is 21 goals against in 3 games. It used to take the opposition 12 games to score 21 goals.

We went ~65 consecutive games in 2011-12 without giving up 5 goals (in regulation and overtime). We've gone three consecutive. I'm sorry, but after what we've seen this team to be capable of defensively the last two seasons, that is unacceptable. I don't care what the reasons are.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
The Rangers are a disaster right now, but it cant get worse.

The road trip isnt the nightmare. It's who they were forced to playt on the road trip that is compounding the issue.

These games --- at STL, at Anaheim, at LAK, at SJ -- these games are usually guaranteed losses at any point of the season.

The good news is that they get to play their next three games against teams who are actually worse than they are.

The Rangers can very easily be 4-4-0 heading into Detroit, then the first two weeks becomes a distant memory.

Seriously, no need for firings, trades, changes etc. At least not now.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, I think we win this game if Hank starts.

Good: Aside from the bad goal, which wasn't all on him, Hank seems back to form for him. Richards was really good, PP also major improvement. The offense in general for most of the game, excluding the first and last 7 minutes or so, was solid to good. Some boneheaded mistakes on D, but an improvement.

Bad: Dorsett and his stupid penalties. He brings some needed physicality, but he's going to hurt us down the line. Stepan isn't all the way there yet, but he's improving. Falk was a positive and a negative; I thought he played well for the most part, but took some silly penalties. Refs were also calling a very tight game, and some of the penalties were weak, but they're still penalties.

Bickel: Biron. He has no place on this team, either trade him for whatever you can get or just send him down. Either call up Talbot or sign someone (Bryz? Worth a shot...).

B- overall, SIGNIFICANT improvement from last 2 games, and I truly think that if Hank played, we win. It's still a loss, but, I'm surprisingly OK with the outcome.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Loss is a loss but there's something to build on. Those were some really soft goals by Biron. Ain't ruining my weekend, I tell ya what.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The positive:

We outplayed them most of the game. Our PP was very good. Cally with 2 goals. With a real goalie in net, providing the Blues would have played like this we get at least a point.

The negative:

Biron needs to be in the ECHL at this point he's a scrub. Dorsett is disgusting excuse for a hockey player and if he never plays another shift in the NHL it'll be too soon. We looked completely lost, running around in our zone like the last 2 games in the 3rd. Like the Blues woke up.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
goaltending atrocious again

this time it was THE reason we lost the game

biron didn't have to make a BIG save he had to make a couple routine saves.

laughable his performance he should be gone after tonight

and he should take pyatt dmoore and mza with him

dorsett on a short short leash if i'm AV

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
The Rangers are a disaster right now, but it cant get worse.

The road trip isnt the nightmare. It's who they were forced to playt on the road trip that is compounding the issue.

These games --- at STL, at Anaheim, at LAK, at SJ -- these games are usually guaranteed losses at any point of the season.

The good news is that they get to play their next three games against teams who are actually worse than they are.

The Rangers can very easily be 4-4-0 heading into Detroit, then the first two weeks becomes a distant memory.

Seriously, no need for firings, trades, changes etc. At least not now.

I think we can do better with regards to some players on this team.

hpNYR

HF Forecaster
Jun 18, 2006
Northridge, CA
www.twitter.com
How much longer are we going to say "it was an improvement" ? A few more of these and you wonder if Vigneault will last. This team up to this point has shown that it cant play a offensive possession game because many of the players cant properly manage and distribute the puck. Del Zotto comes to mind. He's been PUTRID.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
You know it's going to be a defensive battle when Del Zotto leads Rangers d-men in ice time.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Dorsett needs to be scratched next game to calm down. He can be a real spark for this team if he calms the **** down with the PIMs.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Better. I guess. A loss is still a loss.

Good:
Richards has been our best forward
Cally had a good game

Bad:
Dorsett needs to smarten up.
We need a new back-up goalie. Biron is done.
Boyle has been terrible on faceoffs

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I was really pulling for Biron tonight on like, a personal level.

There is no person on the planet I hate right now more than Derek Dorsett.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
No one has mentioned it but Zuccarello needs to go. If he isn't scoring, he is a completely useless player at the nhl level.

no one has mentioned it?

i certinaly did

he looks like a child playing with adults.

he's not marty st louis marty st louis is built like a tank and skates all day. mza skates like prucha and might be skinnier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad