Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Devils 10/19/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
What would Lundqvist realistically bring back? A 1st, top prospect, and another young piece?

Championship*

Teams deprived of offensive talent and clearly Pouliot and Zuc aren't the answers to that. Call up Kristo and Kreider and give them decent minutes, give Pouliot and MZA less. I'd rationalize cutting Pyatts time but that's implied.

There will be plenty of time for that after the trade deadline and the firesale leaves our roster bare. They are in a winning environment right now with the Pack. Leave them there.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Both teams played bad and Lundvquist didnt show up. The thing that hurt the most is I feel that in the locker room before the 3rd AV said: "You boys are clearly not going to win this one, so play with no urgency and save your energy for the next one." To be fair they have looked awful and lethargic in the 3rd in every game.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
There will be plenty of time for that after the trade deadline and the firesale leaves our roster bare. They are in a winning environment right now with the Pack. Leave them there.

Better to get the growing pains out of the way now then have them go through it next season. I'd even call up McIlrath in the near future.

Championship*

I'd start signing talent that can score 20G, 20A but doesn't disappear and still is noticeable on the ice when the opposition plays rough. We only have one player on the team that plays like that, and he's out with an injury.

UFAs? No way, steer clear, if we're rebuilding.

Anyways, who was that talent? Did some other team sign him and we didn't?

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Played with zero energy or purpose tonight. Just gliding out there. We can't even set up in the o-zone... And Cally must be the only one who can get in and paste players to the glass on the forecheck consistently.

What a hilariously bad turnaround from Wednesday's game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Brad Richards is literally our only forward playing who can score. This is terrifying. Callahan is obviously out, and Dorsett had that one, probably won't see another from him for a while.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Trade Lundqvist, Del Zotto, Boyle to EDM for Dubnyk, Schultz, Yakupov

id do this.. but id keep boyle as 4c

and id want a 1st rd pick but realistically 2nd...

also id love to be a lottery team, get top 2-3 pick but it would be scary bc a lot of pieces would be on the move if thats how this season goes..

Championship*

Better to get the growing pains out of the way now then have them go through it next season. I'd even call up McIlrath in the near future.

The pack are an actual team right now. They are winners. The Rangers are losers. Why put them in a losing environment? Miller needs to be here right now? He was scoring a goal a game for the pack playing huge minutes. He should be there.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Apparently because we lost, missing half our top-6, to a team desperate for a win on home ice, we should blow it up

HFNYR :laugh:

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
The pack are an actual team right now. They are winners. The Rangers are losers. Why put them in a losing environment? Miller needs to be here right now? He was scoring a goal a game for the pack playing huge minutes. He should be there.

Playing in the AHL isn't the same as in the NHL. Better they face and get a taste of the big leagues and real competition now then later.

Baptism in fire, I say.

Championship*

Apparently because we lost, missing half our top-6, to a team desperate for a win on home ice, we should blow it up

HFNYR :laugh:

I've been saying it all season that it's time to blow it up.

That team was winless. They blew out the Rangers. Embarrassed them. That team was also missing half of it's top 6.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
i think girardi will be the odd-man out. he's a UFA and will turn 30 this season. he has been a steal at $3.3 million AAV for the past four years and will want to hit the jackpot with his next contract. i bet he asks for an 8-year deal.

solid defensive D-men don't grow on trees so his value is high. maybe we could trade him to edmonton for some young offensive potential (yakupov?). obviously it would hurt our defensive depth, but we would get a nice return for girardi.

Championship*

Playing in the AHL isn't the same as in the NHL. Better they face and get a taste of the big leagues and real competition now then later.

Baptism in fire, I say.

Working great for Miller. There is absolutely nothing wrong with leaving guys in the NHL to play big minutes and win. Baptism by fire? Nope. Shoving guys into a losing environment and playing them half the minutes they'd be getting in the AHL.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
The vaunted Rangers youth movement is starting to show a little rust.

Part of the struggle is that the Rangers have yielded nothing close to NHL contributors from the 2009-2013 drafts.

Kreider, Miller, McIlrath and Skjei -- four straight 1st rounders and none are contributing.

Sather might want to look into trading a couple. Not a single one has shown they are worth holding on to, no matter what Pierre Mcguire says

Championship*

7 games in

And they look like the worst team in the league. You see it getting better any time soon? When is Nash coming back? Callahan is gone for a month. Lundqvist has been our saving grace, you ever seen him play this bad, EVER, at any point in ANY season? Cause I sure as hell haven't. 7 games which have been an extension of the pre-season.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
id do this.. but id keep boyle as 4c

and id want a 1st rd pick but realistically 2nd...

also id love to be a lottery team, get top 2-3 pick but it would be scary bc a lot of pieces would be on the move if thats how this season goes..

What? That is an absolutely awful deal. Dubnyk might as well be a package of ramen. And we add Del Zotto? Lunacy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad