OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Polanco likes to fish

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The good - the buccos battled and had a lot of chances after being down 4. They are never out of a game.

The bad - they didn't convert on multiple KEY opportunities.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Worried both about Cole's innings and the fact that he seems to be tipping pitches. It's probably unrealistic to have him skip a start or two with how decimated the pitching staff already is, but maybe it would help him.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
It could be nothing, but for the past 5 or 6 starts, there just seem to be sequences where he gets hit oddly hard like they know what's coming. I saw that whygavs posted something about it, but I haven't read through it yet. I remember it really seeming this way a few starts ago against the Reds, even though the Reds always have his number. The Reds could very well have our signs, but I think occasionally tipping is a possible explanation for some of the hard hit sequences.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The innings scare me as they go into September, but i think every thing else is a huge overreaction.

Hes had 6 starts since the all star break, 4 of those games the defense has fallen apart behind him.

Royals
Reds
Dodgers
Cards

Last night was the first game since the break that hes got hit hard.

Pirates just got done playing 11 games against the Cubs Dodgers Cards and Mets, last night was just a huge letdown game.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
The defense has been very ****** behind Cole, and to be clear, I don't have any substance for my hunch other than he seems to be getting hit hard in bunches and it's somewhat out of character, and usually on offspeed stuff.

I agree that last night was just a big letdown. No time to waste, though, we gotta take 2 of 3 from them, good offense or not.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Danger zone already for Liriano. Hopefully the offense can make a bad pitcher look bad tonight.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Anderson makes an error to move the runners up then throws Cutch nothing but fastballs which results in a sac fly. Another sac fly from Rammer ties it!

Nice gift from the opposition. That lead didn't last very long.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
If memory serves Marte's last blast was in Detroit at the beginning of July. Guy has too much pop to be homerless for a month and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad