OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Polanco likes to fish

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pirates are about to sweep the Mets and Harvey in New York with there B lineup.

What a series, Mets were 42-18 at home coming into this series.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
He's been fine since coming over. He's 37....gonna have some bad plays sometimes.

His fielding is awful. But you're right. For what we got him for and his age...he's been fine. His first handful of games he couldn't hit, but he's been hitting regularly recently.

4/5 and 3 rbi...I'll take that.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
My biggest complaint with Ramirez is that Hurdle is batting him cleanup.

Despite his great game today i still don't think he should be batting 4th.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
4 errors...yeah that's a problem. But overall he's been fine. I'm sorry you had higher expectations for him.

I didn't have higher expectations for his hitting. At the plate he's been what I expected.

I definitely had higher expectations for him in the field. His error rate wasn't nearly this high in Milwaukee and those 4 errors don't even include bad plays like him throwing underhand to 2nd earlier today.

Mostly my problem is that he looks like he's dogging it out there. You have to play hard for a team in a playoff push and he has not been playing hard.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Ramirez needs to eliminate the mental gaffes in the field.

He's hit in his last nine out of ten games with four of them being multi-hit ones. He started out slow at the plate but he's done much better this month.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Mostly my problem is that he looks like he's dogging it out there. You have to play hard for a team in a playoff push and he has not been playing hard.

Ehhhhh...I get what you're saying. But you have no idea if he's actually playing hard or not.

Everyone hated LaRoche when he was here cause he played lackadaisically, but there was no indication by the coaching staff or teammates that he wasn't trying his best.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
brooms1.jpg

Terrific series by the pitching staff. So glad to sweep the Mets in NY. On another site I'm on there is this ignorant Mets fan who was trying to tell me that Melancon didn't deserve the All-Star spot and it should have went to the Mets closer instead.:shakehead: This should shut him up for a few minutes at least.

Back home tomorrow against the D-Backs.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rain delay happened, I went out to play tennis, come back.. 8-1 win?!?! And I read Ramirez kicked ass?!?! Pinch me.

Evsidney Malkinsby

Mar 8, 2007
Echo Park
We missed their 2 big starters, but still hard to believe this is a first place team. The Nats should be embarrassed.

The thing about the Nats is... they really aren't that good. They are under .500 now. Aside from Harper and Scherzer (and to a less extent Zimmerman), who's been playing well? Gio and Strasburg's names are better than their seasons.

Liquid Gel

Pierogi eater
Oct 8, 2010
Walden Pond
brooms1.jpg

Terrific series by the pitching staff. So glad to sweep the Mets in NY. On another site I'm on there is this ignorant Mets fan who was trying to tell me that Melancon didn't deserve the All-Star spot and it should have went to the Mets closer instead.:shakehead: This should shut him up for a few minutes at least.

Back home tomorrow against the D-Backs.

Does anyone know how many series sweeps that is for the Pirates this year?

A few weeks ago the announcers said they were at 10 and leading the league in that statistic. That seems like a large number not reached often.

Anyone know? Anyone know the most in Pirates season histories?

H382

Oct 20, 2006
Does anyone know how many series sweeps that is for the Pirates this year?

A few weeks ago the announcers said they were at 10 and leading the league in that statistic. That seems like a large number not reached often.

Anyone know? Anyone know the most in Pirates season histories?

I heard them during the game saying the Pirates have had 13 sweeps this year(before the game hand ended today so prob 14 now). They said its the most in a Pirates season since the early 1900's when they won the World Series.

Pretty awesome stuff.

They also mentioned that it's only the 10th(maybe 11th now) time the Pirates had won and the Cubs and Cards lost on the same day all season.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I think that "13" number was based on assuming they finished this one out, so it's still at 13.

And I thought they said it was only the most since '91, but I may have heard wrong.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
I think that "13" number was based on assuming they finished this one out, so it's still at 13.

And I thought they said it was only the most since '91, but I may have heard wrong.

My bad. You're correct. The stat I was thinking of was related to the consecutive bullpen wins stat they mentioned.

I was half listening. Obv.

Last edited:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hopefully there isn't any type of letdown this series after playing three first place teams.

Arizona isn't terrible, but it should be a series the Pirates win at least 2 games.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
diamondbacks will be starting a ragtag collection of pitchers. hellickson vs cole a pretty big matchup advantage for the bucs. dbacks best starter robbie ray has been miserable in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad