OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Polanco likes to fish

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cole, unless it's a pitcher, you always give guys a green light on 3-1.

When Harrison and Mercer get back, I'd have Harrison platoon with Walker at 2nd while also filling in when and where he is needed. I'd have Mercer as starting ss and I'd relegate Ramirez to backup 3rd baseman behind Kang.

Unfortunately, the way Clint is using his players I think what will actually happen is that Ramirez will remain the starting 3rd baseman, Mercer will be starting ss again, Kang will be the backup ss/3rd baseman, and Walker will still be in the lineup against lefties.

So that's one thing I don't get about baseball. I get if someone is at like .250 or better to get the green light for 3-1 because it also sets up the 3-2 pitch. However... if a guy is batting as poorly as Ish, why the hell is he trying to hit? He swung at a ball and that would have been 2 on w/ 1 out.

So baseball is interesting. I get you want the team to be aggressive, but it doesn't help when you have a hitter in the .100s. That guy isn't going to succeed being overly aggressive and Ish has been really worthless as of late.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And once again... Locke has done that like 3 times in recent history where he pulls his bat back and slaps into a double play. Can we stop calling for him to do that?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
So that's one thing I don't get about baseball. I get if someone is at like .250 or better to get the green light for 3-1 because it also sets up the 3-2 pitch. However... if a guy is batting as poorly as Ish, why the hell is he trying to hit? He swung at a ball and that would have been 2 on w/ 1 out.

So baseball is interesting. I get you want the team to be aggressive, but it doesn't help when you have a hitter in the .100s. That guy isn't going to succeed being overly aggressive and Ish has been really worthless as of late.

According to the strike zone graphic the 3-1 pitch was a strike anyway. It especially probably would have been a strike because this ump has been pretty generous on the low strikes.

The line of thinking behind letting a guy swing at a 3-1 pitch is that you are only supposed to swing at a 3-1 pitch if it is your perfect pitch to hit. Although Ishikawa messed that up by swinging at a changeup on the inside corner at the knees 3-1. He should have been more selective.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Not sure what Hurdle was thinking letting Locke swing away.

Lets see how Locke does in the 5th and 6th innings, he usually falls apart around now.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The ole... Dan Bylsma definition of Insanity. Keep doing the same thing and thinking the result will be different.

dan-bylsmapg-vertical.jpg

Another 2 out triple! Let's bring him home.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
That was another terrible decision by Sofield to send Polanco.

Cesepedes has a cannon, he had the ball before Polanco was at third, luckily Cesepedes made an awful throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad