OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Polanco likes to fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Morton throws the ball away with plenty of time and the pitcher on deck. Dumb baseball. And Morton isn't charged with 2 earned runs because of the error by...Charlie Morton.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Mercer 2-2 so you know he's just cementing his starting spot at SS.

Having to many options is going to cost us big time down the stretch. You need to stick with a lineup for most nights that works and we've seen it...it includes Kang and not Mercer. That's what has been winning many games the past month+.

Morton is a bum most nights. Locke is a bum most nights and yet they are locked in regardless of what they do, every 5th day.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Mercer comes up with runners on 2nd and 3rd and strikes out to the surprise of no one. To be fair to him, he has 3 hits in the last 2 days so he probably exhausted his supply for the week.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Remember how we hated Dupuis, not because he sucked, but because Bylsma loved him and played him in a spot where he didn't belong?

I hate Jordy Mercer for the same reason. Except he sucks too.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Remember how we hated Dupuis, not because he sucked, but because Bylsma loved him and played him in a spot where he didn't belong?

I hate Jordy Mercer for the same reason. Except he sucks too.

Solid comparison actually. He doesn't suck though. Mercer is a nice utility player, but the reality is when he's in the lineup he is nothing more than a 7 or 8 hitter. Kang has been our best hitter this year outside of Cutch. Not starting because it's against a lefty? Whatever. Small sample size on Kang. Just like Polanco and the myth he couldn't hit leftys.. yea he's doing alright now. Just needed time.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Well, looks like the Bucs are gonna get shut out. That's what happens when you willingly field an inferior lineup.

Clint needs to give his head a shake.

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Pirates have scored 4 runs in the 3 games Kang has sat this week. They scored 16 in the 4 games he did play in this week.

But yeah, Wicked Wrister, Hurdle's decisions aren't hurting the team.:sarcasm:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
They did not lose this game because Kang was on the bench. Hurdle was, is, and will continue to be a bad manager. Both of these statements are able to be true at once.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
They did not lose this game because Kang was on the bench. Hurdle was, is, and will continue to be a bad manager. Both of these statements are able to be true at once.

I agree it wasn't the reason they lost. Hurdle is just asking for trouble though. He's bending over backwards to get Mercer in the lineup as much as possible and for the life of me I don't get why he sees that as a priority. Mercer is only ahead of Rodriguez and possibly Morse as an overall player. The fact that Kang has played less than Mercer since Jordy returned is nothing short of ridiculous.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I agree it wasn't the reason they lost. Hurdle is just asking for trouble though. He's bending over backwards to get Mercer in the lineup as much as possible and for the life of me I don't get why he sees that as a priority. Mercer is only ahead of Rodriguez and possibly Morse as an overall player. The fact that Kang has played less than Mercer since Jordy returned is nothing short of ridiculous.

I agree with you here as well - we may depart in my thinking that Mercer should be Morton's designated SS, but I agree that he's generally getting too much playing time if he's in the lineup more than Kang. Kang should be playing in all six of our games this week. We certainly need him in all three vs the Cardinals, but we need to at least take 2/3 from the Brewers, and maybe sweep if we want to get an edge back on the Cardinals by the end of the week.

A stinker at home was inevitable at some point, but losing a totally winnable game and hence one game on the Cardinals is tough to swallow. We need a huge week to get that lead down to around 3 games or so by Sunday night.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Haha, I couldn't resist

Hey don't talk **** on me. I warned you I'd be away in Vegas for this series and couldn't watch! Since I have no proof that it actually happened, he still ****ing sucks and should be on the first plane out of this city. :sarcasm:

The only thing I got to see was Aram's HR. Is he continuing his hot streak? Someone give me a quick little synopsis of what's happening. I pray Kang doesn't get stiffed for Mercer. :(

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Kang the last 15 games: 241/313/431/744

He is not used to playing as much as he has since the injuries hit. Plus the Bucs are one of the leaders in sports in managing player health. Maybe the advanced electronic data they collect literally every minute from our players is telling them Kang is worn down, and needs rest to get back in the groove...

Anywho one would think this ballclub, on track for 100 wins, would receive the benefit of a doubt from us that they know what they are doing.

Wait a second - I must be nuts. After all we are Pirate fans, burned and scarred from 20 straight losing seasons of terrible ownership/management. Of course we still can't trust.

I guess that 5 year break when I gave up on baseball due to Littlefield inoculated me however.

Last edited:

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Kang the last 15 games: 241/313/431/744

He is not used to playing as much as he has since the injuries hit. Plus the Bucs are one of the leaders in sports in managing player health. Maybe the advanced electronic data they collect literally every minute from our players is telling them Kang is worn down, and needs rest to get back in the groove.

Anywho one would think this ballclub, on track for 100 wins, would receive the benefit of a doubt from us that they know what they are doing.

Wait a second - I must be nuts. After all we are Pirate fans, burned and scarred from 20 straight losing seasons from terrible ownership/management. Of course we still can't trust.

I guess that 5 year break when I gave up on baseball due to Littlefield inoculated me however.

We don't need your common sense around here!

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
agreed on kang needing extra rest. he's accustomed to shorter seasons in korea.

im excited that aj is coming back, but realistically its hard not to assign a higher probability of complete implosion to that start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad