OT: Raise the Jolly Roger | Now With Less Michael Martinez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
tumblr_m2fvt7oKTL1r8p5h3o1_500.gif

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Love how Hurdle put Martinez in as a defensive replacement for Snider in a 1 run game as well. Now we have Martinez in the lineup when we need to score more runs. To be fair, Snider has been horrible in the field as of late. I mean, he's only thrown a runner out at the plate and made a spectacular diving catch in the last week.:rant:

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
Love how Hurdle put Martinez in as a defensive replacement for Snider in a 1 run game as well. Now we have Martinez in the lineup when we need to score more runs. To be fair, Snider has been horrible in the field as of late. I mean, he's only thrown a runner out at the plate and made a spectacular diving catch in the last week.:rant:

He was a pinch runner

Xavier Laflamme*

My disdain for Mark Melancon only continues to grow..he folded like a wet paper towel at the end of last season and he's showing signs of that again this season..no, I do not want to go dancin' with Melancon...

That's a bit reactionary don't you think?

Much prefer Melancon as the set up man opposed to him closing. I have very little confidence in him dating back to last season.

*** I know it's what we have to work with..doesn't mean I have to like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xavier Laflamme*

Seriously. Our bullpen leads the league in blown saves and we do nothing to address it..ownership sucks

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
Well, there is no one in bullpen capable of closing the game consistently.

You're right. There is nobody in our bullpen capable of getting three whole outs without blowing our lead. Maybe Watson, but not right now. The concept of the Closer is useless. Just do it by committee. Saves are a useless stat that only exist to augment the value of relievers.

Xavier Laflamme*

You're right. There is nobody in our bullpen capable of getting three whole outs without blowing our lead. Maybe Watson, but not right now. The concept of the Closer is useless. Just do it by committee. Saves are a useless stat that only exist to augment the value of relievers.

That's the worst feeling as a fan..you get a lead and then have that empty feeling in your stomach because you know not one of our relievers can get through a clean inning. It's sickening.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The funniest thing about having Martinez Moral and Nix on your team during a playoff race is that they have a player in triple a right now who hit 289 with the pirates this year, and 282 last year.

Its unbelievable, it just blows my mind, there has to be something going on that we don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad