Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I’m curious why we continue to hear “whispers” of a Laine/Winnipeg reunion. Jeff Hamilton AND Ken Weibe have mentioned it.

I hated losing the guy.. be interesting to see what could happen. He’d certainly elevate our PP if he’s healthy.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I’m curious why we continue to hear “whispers” of a Laine/Winnipeg reunion. Jeff Hamilton AND Ken Weibe have mentioned it.

I hated losing the guy.. be interesting to see what could happen. He’d certainly elevate our PP if he’s healthy.

Seems like there is some smoke here. Wonder if it was floated to gage fan reaction.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It becomes our problem when the team is just spinning in mediocrity and all we do is sit on this forum and complain about it.
But that is what we have been dealing with,
First world problems but just making the playoffs isn’t selling tickets
I don’t necessarily agree but the world is a hard place

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I expect an upgrade on Schmidt to be brought in somehow. So we'd likely have a similar caliber dcore or better depending on internal growth.

If Schmidt is gone it is not running back the rest of the D corps after swapping Dillon for Heinola. If both Pionk and Schmidt are back all we have is Dillon out and Heinola in. That is a step back.

No movement on the buyout front today.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Schmidt is gone it is not running back the rest of the D corps after swapping Dillon for Heinola. If both Pionk and Schmidt are back all we have is Dillon out and Heinola in. That is a step back.

No movement on the buyout front today.

Yeah nothing from anyone though. Perhaps they can wait until tomorrow for it. I always thought it was 24 hour waivers but maybe it's a shorter time frame, will have to check the CBA again.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Okay, I'm officially getting excited. Let's see what the deals are gonna be. Trouba and Kakko's names are out there. McGroarty will be a coveted piece for many teams. Ehlers will likely be dealt. Schmidt buyout. I want to see Pionk traded.
McGroarty and Pionk to the Flames for Andersson and a 2nd.

Or I would love to snag Jiricek somehow.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This board isn't going to be happy when Stanley has a bigger role because of Dillon leaving, and Heinola is again on the outside looking in.

I would be very surprised if it shook out any other way.

Stan and Heini could be platooned at 3LD.
I would prefer Heinola at 3RD but Schmidt is still here.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Morrissey Jiricek
Heinola Demelo
Samberg Pionk

Straight into my veins.
Why do so many of you think the CBJ would be willing to trade Jiricek for McGroarty? What is our incentive to do that? We need RHD, and a partner for ZW. We are happy with Jiricek progressing.

Not trying to rain on your parade… Rutger is a great player, I’ve watched him a lot as a UM fan, but that deal is a pipe dream.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Why do so many of you think the CBJ would be willing to trade Jiricek for McGroarty? What is our incentive to do that? We need RHD, and a partner for ZW. We are happy with Jiricek progressing.

Not trying to rain on your parade… Rutger is a great player, I’ve watched him a lot as a UM fan, but that deal is a pipe dream.
Any chance Mateychuk could be had? From the outside looking in the D may get a bit crowded if you grab another one with your top pick on Friday

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

From the outside looking in...

It looks like he's behind Severson, Boqvist and Gudbranson on the right side

I think you're undervalued McG here. He's buddies with your last big pick and he has the intangibles that organizations love

I'd rather keep him than deal him for Jiricek if he was willing to sign. You wouldn't have seen any Jets fans offer him up in that trade before this fiasco. He's generally considered our top prospect

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

If I'm falling off a mountain, I might as well try to fly. I don't have anything to lose :laugh:

I figured Jiricek would be next to impossible to obtain. If Mateychuk was available in a trade around McG (with possible adds on one side or the other if it's needed), I'd be pretty intrigued on that as an alternative.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Any chance Mateychuk could be had? From the outside looking in the D may get a bit crowded if you grab another one with your top pick on Friday
Word on the street is we are taking a F at 4OA (Lidstrom/Demidov/Sennecke). There’s still a lot of room, Provorov will be gone by the TDL at the latest, I don’t think Jake Bean gets qualified, so that leaves Werenski as the only LHD.
It looks like he's behind Severson, Boqvist and Gudbranson on the right side
Boqvist isn’t a long term piece, and Severson long term is #4D.
I think you're undervalued McG here. He's buddies with your last big pick and he has the intangibles that organizations love
McGroarty is a great player. He’s buddies with Brindley too. He is a winger at the NHL level, not worth a top (top3?) NHL D prospect. Jiricek has intangibles too, he was a leader for Czechia in the WJC similar to Rutger.
I'd rather keep him than deal him for Jiricek if he was willing to sign.
That is fine.
You wouldn't have seen any Jets fans offer him up in that trade before this fiasco. He's generally considered our top prospect
And Jiricek is #2 for us, behind an amazing talent in Adamo.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
If I'm falling off a mountain, I might as well try to fly. I don't have anything to lose :laugh:
That’s pretty good. I’m stealing that.
I figured Jiricek would be next to impossible to obtain. If Mateychuk was available in a trade around McG (with possible adds on one side or the other if it's needed), I'd be pretty intrigued on that as an alternative.
From a CBJ perspective, our NHL defense has been very bad for a long time. Ranking between the 2nd and 6th worst GA’s as a team for the last 4 seasons. We have two great D prospects, and I think the plan is for them to be part of the solution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad