Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Word on the street is we are taking a F at 4OA (Lidstrom/Demidov/Sennecke). There’s still a lot of room, Provorov will be gone by the TDL at the latest, I don’t think Jake Bean gets qualified, so that leaves Werenski as the only LHD.

Boqvist isn’t a long term piece, and Severson long term is #4D.

McGroarty is a great player. He’s buddies with Brindley too. He is a winger at the NHL level, not worth a top (top3?) NHL D prospect. Jiricek has intangibles too, he was a leader for Czechia in the WJC similar to Rutger.

That is fine.

And Jiricek is #2 for us, behind an amazing talent in Adamo.
Fair enough

Not to send you packing back to your board or anything, but maybe it's time that CBJ stops following their instincts and tried something new

Jiricek is clearly a great prospect, bur Rutger has been the leader/captain of his age group at the USNDP team since the kids were 12 or whatever. Maybe that kind of heart and leadership is what your org needs to claw it's way out of mediocrity. He's the type of guy you build your culture around

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The only reason to get Laine is that it might make Ehlers decide to stay.
Well OK, it might also persuade the Professor to come back.
1000029566.gif

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I think Laine can be great complimentary piece but he'd need to accept that and he needs to be paid like that. Exactly like he was here. The problem was never his status quo during his time here but his expectations to be a first line superstar player. His game doesnt alllow a successful franchise to play and pay him like that.

A Laine for around 6 M on your second line with heavy PP minutes and him fully buying in on this mindest is an amazing piece to have.

Staying healthy is another part but I believe it would be worth the risk.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I think Laine can be great complimentary piece but he'd need to accept that and he needs to be paid like that. Exactly like he was here. The problem was never his status quo during his time here but his expectations to be a first line superstar player. His game doesnt alllow a successful franchise to play and pay him like that.

A Laine for around 6 M on your second line with heavy PP minutes and him fully buying in on this mindest is an amazing piece to have.

Staying healthy is another part but I believe it would be worth the risk.

If I was an 18/19 year old scoring 36 and 40 goals in my first two years, I’d expect to likely play on the first line if I’m being completely honest. Not saying he was right but he had an argument to support his case.

Durability aside, he’s been playing at roughly a point per game pace outside of this last year in Cbus. I do wonder if you could get a liiiiitttttllle retention from them.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
If I was an 18/19 year old scoring 36 and 40 goals in my first two years, I’d expect to likely play on the first line if I’m being completely honest. Not saying he was right but he had an argument to support his case.

Durability aside, he’s been playing at roughly a point per game pace outside of this last year in Cbus. I do wonder if you could get a liiiiitttttllle retention from them.

I agree, back then it was understandable. And honestly I thought he might eventually turn into that player. But things don't always happen the way you want them to. His time with the Jackets was rough, that organization is far from ideal as your perfect development ground. I don't even think Laine judged the situation badly in leaving the Jets.

Now, in 24/25, things again are very different and I think he might love to come back to a functional organization that appreciates him, would be able to give him the environment he might need with mental struggles and a fanbase that would love him back in the Peg.

It could be a win-win-win for all parties involved: CBJ retains 30% salary, their new GM might be quite happy in getting rid of his contract (give me another team that is willing to take Laine and his contract + baggage in right now) and sees him as a bit of a problem going forward anyway. They have a stacked prospects cupboard and should clean their contract situation. Laine gets his re-start in an environment he was thriving before and the Jets get a great complimentary piece for relatively cheap.

I think the Jets deserve a break like this karma wise after what happend over the last years since losing Little, Trouba leaving, Buff taking off, PLD wanting to leave and now McG apparently refusing to sign. CBJ deserves a re-start with a GM with a plan and Patrik Laine deserves a second chance.

Having Said that, i want to repeat: all this only works If Laine agrees to only be a complimentary piece that does what the coaches ask him to do - No media drama, no calling for being the main guy. If he still actually wants to be that, forget all I just said.

Last edited:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Word on the street is we are taking a F at 4OA (Lidstrom/Demidov/Sennecke). There’s still a lot of room, Provorov will be gone by the TDL at the latest, I don’t think Jake Bean gets qualified, so that leaves Werenski as the only LHD.

Boqvist isn’t a long term piece, and Severson long term is #4D.

McGroarty is a great player. He’s buddies with Brindley too. He is a winger at the NHL level, not worth a top (top3?) NHL D prospect. Jiricek has intangibles too, he was a leader for Czechia in the WJC similar to Rutger.

That is fine.

And Jiricek is #2 for us, behind an amazing talent in Adamo.
This is the cold water I needed to quit dreaming about Jiricek lol

Jets will get a great deal for Rutger I'm sure but I also doubt someone will make a panic move involving a more valuable prospect to get him, even if the Jets try adding extra pieces.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Why do so many of you think the CBJ would be willing to trade Jiricek for McGroarty? What is our incentive to do that? We need RHD, and a partner for ZW. We are happy with Jiricek progressing.

Not trying to rain on your parade… Rutger is a great player, I’ve watched him a lot as a UM fan, but that deal is a pipe dream.
I would say it mostly stems from the reports last year that he was possibly unhappy in CBJ, fits a giant need for the Jets, reports indicating that CBJ was interested, Rutger also being previous linemates with Fantilli and Brindley, and the thought that you guys could replace Jiricek with your #4 pick.
More wishful thinking as we're grasping at straws here.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
This is the cold water I needed to quit dreaming about Jiricek lol

Jets will get a great deal for Rutger I'm sure but I also doubt someone will make a panic move involving a more valuable prospect to get him, even if the Jets try adding extra pieces.

Yep. Sounds like both Jiricek and Mateychuck are practically untouchable.

It'll be interesting to see what the return on McG will be, and how much our hopes are way off :laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Remember that guy who traded a paperclip for a house? Well Chevy traded a house (and a condo) for a house, then for another house (and a couple of condos) - but then the first two houses turned into paperclips after he traded them...and now we want one of the paperclips back in exchange for a poured foundation in a new development? :laugh:

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Oilers not renewing Gm contract.
Jets haven’t even come close to the finals.
12 plus years and Chevy is still around. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad