OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Nice W last night but would it be too much to ask for a sweep for once?

Also random but shoutout to yet another PSU alum killing it in the media, Hannah Mears. Robbie who? We’re just destroying it right now with Destin also covering the Bucs and on a national level oh I don’t know if you’ve heard of her… Emily Kaplan?? Daily Collegian ‘13. We Are.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Nice W last night but would it be too much to ask for a sweep for once?

Also random but shoutout to yet another PSU alum killing it in the media, Hannah Mears. Robbie who? We’re just destroying it right now with Destin also covering the Bucs and on a national level oh I don’t know if you’ve heard of her… Emily Kaplan?? Daily Collegian ‘13. We Are.

Still reliving those glory years.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Even ignoring that Abreu is totally cooked, what does he offer to the team that they don't already have? If they're bringing in a 1B, they need a lefty platoon partner for Joe. Abreu is another righty. Even if he wasn't completely washed up, he wouldn't even fill a need for the team because they don't need a righty 1B.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
The Nats signed Ramirez to a minor league deal.

At the end of the day, I don't love trading around in mediocrities because it's exactly what Cherington did for the entire offseason. If they think they can make the playoffs, then they should go for it with someone who is going to have a serious and obvious impact on the lineup.

There are even more outside the box approaches they could take, like trying to buy low on Arozarena, but if we're actually going to add, we should do it wholeheartedly.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Nats signed Ramirez to a minor league deal.

At the end of the day, I don't love trading around in mediocrities because it's exactly what Cherington did for the entire offseason. If they think they can make the playoffs, then they should go for it with someone who is going to have a serious and obvious impact on the lineup.

There are even more outside the box approaches they could take, like trying to buy low on Arozarena, but if we're actually going to add, we should do it wholeheartedly.

I still like the below, although Rooker is not good defensively. But he is 17th in the league in OPS and was 36th last year. He is a great power hitter and becomes our DH in 2025 quite easily assuming Cutch retires.

To OAK: Henry Davis, Bubba Chandler, Zander Meuth, Tsung-Che Cheng
To PIT: Brent Rooker, JP Sears

DH Cutch
LF Reynolds
SS Cruz
RF Rooker
2B Gonzales
1B Joe/Tellez
3B Hayes
CF Bae
C Bart/Grandal

SP1 Skenes
SP2 Keller
SP3 Jones
SP4 Sears
SP5 Perez

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Grandal gets doubled up on an obvious, weak hit line drive to short. He makes Austin Hedges look like Pudge Rodriguez.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
You’d like to see the bats come alive. In Colorado. Against a crap pitcher. But nope.

Jones not exactly holding up his end of the bargain anyways.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Pathetic and demoralizing loss. Jones was bad but the offense was worse, and Grandal somehow worse than that.

Can't afford to lose a series to a team like this and we'll seemingly be trying to avoid that with YOLO on the mound for us.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
As predicted, Jones is finding his level as an electric arm with crappy results and run prevention. He may some day become an electric arm with good or even great results, but that some day is not in 2024.

The fans who think that starting pitching is totally fixed/set and we only need bats are completely wrong. We need both if we have any illusions of competing.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Screenshot_20240616_032242_MLB.jpg

Classic entire team and staff just sleeping while getting pummeled

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
View attachment 883330

Classic entire team and staff just sleeping while getting pummeled
the fundamentals on this team have just been awful under Shelton. Each passing loss, this organization shows it's not serious about winning. Hell, sometimes I don't think they are serious about being a baseball team sometimes.

I'm just really over Shelton and BC. I'm ready to move on

metalan2

May 30, 2008
This team cannot compete without at least one or two more legitimate bats. It's a joke to suggest they can.

They can't even run the bases correctly.

So stupid having to root for a team ran by Cherington and co.

since70

Sep 27, 2016
I keep thinking about Jim Leyland, there wouldn't have been an upright table in the locker room after that performance, this kind of crap wouldn't go over on a beer league softball team, but this organization doesn't operate on accountability, there's an obvious leadership gap too with the players, they're like the guy who's been on the job for 30 years, just give me my paycheck so I can count the days until I'm out of here.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Another bullpen game? Pathetic. But I guess we don't need any more SP.

The offense is going to have to score 7-8 runs at least in a BP game where Josh Fleming will absorb 3 innings. I highly doubt Ortiz is available for more than 1 inning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad