OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The pitching of Tellez is a much bigger deal than it's being made out to be. It's speaks so poorly on Shelton, Cherington and the entire baseball operations. It says they're ok with losing, they're ok with getting steamrolled, they're ok with out putting up a fight. I understand you get caught every once in while shorthanded in a lopsided loss, don't like it, but I understand.
THREE times in 11 days??? How can anyone associated with Pirate operations be taken seriously?

Last edited:

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
The pitching of Tellez is a much bigger deal than it's being made out to be. It's speaks so poorly on Shelton, Cherington and the entire baseball operations. It says they're ok with losing, they're ok with getting steamrolled, they're ok with out putting up a fight. I understand you get caught every once in while shorthanded in a lopsided loss, don't like it, but I understand.
THREE times in 11 days??? How can anyone associated with Pirate operations be taken seriously?
What's worse is he has pitched decent and better than most of the regular relievers in those games.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018

Dude, you're going to clap back at a question with the crap you have been trotting out there? There is a better way to manage than that, you loser.

Lol just saw the Pirates were no hit and Rowdy pitched again.

How can this management not be embarrassed?
They have no shame, that's how. They care not a whit for the results so long as they stick to their all important process.

Reactions: WickedWrister

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
John Perrotto threw out Terry Francona as a possible Shelton replacement when asked.

Feels he would be interested in the job, if the Pirates would call.

FWIW.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm pretty sure that Cherington fired Francona from the Red Sox as one of his first moves as their GM :laugh:

He's exactly the kind of veteran manager I'd want to see this team add, but I'm pretty skeptical he'd take it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also I didn't see it mentioned, but the Pirates claimed Joey Wentz off of waivers from the Tigers. Wentz was a good prospect for the Tigers back in the day and actually has some pretty solid underlying numbers this year (4.01 xERA, 50th-60th percentile in average exit velocity, hard hit% and K%). Definitely an intriguing guy to see if they can turn into a halfway decent reliever or depth starter.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Also I didn't see it mentioned, but the Pirates claimed Joey Wentz off of waivers from the Tigers. Wentz was a good prospect for the Tigers back in the day and actually has some pretty solid underlying numbers this year (4.01 xERA, 50th-60th percentile in average exit velocity, hard hit% and K%). Definitely an intriguing guy to see if they can turn into a halfway decent reliever or depth starter.
Sounds like German is the corresponding move. 7.84 ERA in 20 IP 🤢

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

iu

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Skenes interview, definitely more light hearted than most interviews I've seen with him. Talks about how he was actually really tired during that no hitter vs the Brewers and being a narc in the Airforce :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad