Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Oh wow - plays a pretty damn f***ing good game today.

Was solid and efficient in game 1, played with more puck confidence today while showing off all the other valuable things that make him a premium asset.

Everybody wants the sizzling steak, but a good steak is supported by the veg.
What a line!

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Smarter and calmer, sure, but nowhere near the potential for offense.

Reinbacher is the perfect partner for Hutson, who will run their duo. Mailloux will run his, IMO
The tricky part to this I see is that although you may feel Hutson is running his duo, it’s DR that anchors it steady. Mailloux doesn’t have the defensive IQ or awareness to ancher a duo. He’d have to play with Guhle if he can handle top four minutes in the show.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You are simply not understanding the reason for the pick. This team is being built with culture being a non negotiable axiom and they clearly felt that Michkov was a problem. This is a consistently underrated feature of team building that the average fan just can't seem to grasp.

As it turns out we need Reinbacher more than Michkov anyways as we have a ton of talent at forward and Reinbacher is our top RHD prospect. Nobody on this board has the hockey acumen of Hughes or Gorton and the fact that Reinbacher over Michkov was unanimous should signal that you do not know enough to make the assertion that you are making.

Maybe Michkov ends up as the better asset, nobody knows the answer to that yet but clearly he represented a risk that HuGo were not willing to take and for reasons that you and I are not privy to.
It wasn’t the Russian factor
It wasn’t the contract
Habs passed on michkov the player
Maybe a foolish move but i trust that they had legitimate reason to do so

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I know. So did many of us. We’re as clueless as them.
No, only the posters who thought he was a bust (along with Reinbacher) are clueless.. there are many level headed guys in here who are thrilled with how Hugo us running the team, along with our picks..
All the posters crying foul for not drafting a "star" who slipped to 7oa, never played on a sports team where the top point getter was a complete a-hole..

Flyers are in for a brutal ride..

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It wasn’t the Russian factor
It wasn’t the contract
Habs passed on michkov the player
Maybe a foolish move but i trust that they had legitimate reason to do so
Exactly. Some of the 1st 2 might have been considered but if they didn't feel there was a character problem they would have taken him.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Some dude says we should trade him now while his value is still high LOL. Man the main board hurts my brain sometimes :laugh:

People just never learn from their past mistakes, they keep overreacting over one game that means absolutely nothing, it's hilarious.

Troll will troll. It's their purpose. Or just low puckIQ.

I just hope he doesn't have babysit Engstrom during the main camps. I know they will probably play together in Laval but I would like to see him play with vet

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Isn't that what they were saying about Slafkovsky just a little while ago?
It's the same story. A bad D+1 and vibes are making him in a bust for some posters, while they completely ignore all the attributes that will easily make him a top 2...

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Imagine still fretting about it ~15 months later. Terminally online bozos.
Honestly, yeah. I haven't thought about Michkov since like last November or something when DR was struggling and have pretty much exiled him from my mind since the Demidov pick.

All we did was essentially switch drafts. If we take Michkov last year, we don't take Demidov this year and probably take a big D. There is literally no point in worrying about Michkov at all.

I didn't like the Reinbacher pick because I think you should always shoot for upside, especially in a top 5 pick. But if he turns into a steady minutes eater that is a staple in our top 4, then I'll at least be fine with it.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
If we win a cup with him on the roster its a good pick , that's all that matters , if Michkov puts up 100 but we win something I don't even care how good reinbacher is. He's also really young and quite big , I never had him making the team yet so I don't know why people are so impatient , like he's not even 20 yet

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Honestly, yeah. I haven't thought about Michkov since like last November or something when DR was struggling and have pretty much exiled him from my mind since the Demidov pick.

All we did was essentially switch drafts. If we take Michkov last year, we don't take Demidov this year and probably take a big D. There is literally no point in worrying about Michkov at all.

I didn't like the Reinbacher pick because I think you should always shoot for upside, especially in a top 5 pick. But if he turns into a steady minutes eater that is a staple in our top 4, then I'll at least be fine with it.
Levshunov Parehk and Yakemchuk were the top RDs this year so its basically between Parehk and Yakemchuck for us with how Chicago picked.

Not that I condone drafting for position but idk I think Reinbacher would have went pretty high last year too

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Imagine still fretting about it ~15 months later. Terminally online bozos.
I made a sarcastic joke about this about 2 weeks ago, got slammed by some posters. I predicted that as soon as Michkov would score a goal we would see his name pop up again in reference to Reinbacher, and here we are ;)

Sad, because I thought yesterday he was fricking fantastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad