OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Soler hasn’t played a game all season in the field he strictly been a dh. Pham is a platoon bench guy like Thomas
And they are better than what we have and better than IKF. Whatever. I'm not even upset with the moves. I'm upset that those were the only moves. We needed more offense and are basically treading water with these moves after our recent injuries. I don't think the situation has really changed at all for the Pirates. I wanted more, even though what we got was probably a little more than I actually expected.

Reactions: MrBrightside

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The "Platoon/Bench" guy Lane Thomas' plate appearances by season:

2022 - 548
2023 - 628
2024 - 345 (523 pace)

You really need to stop making shit up man.
He has 87 ab against lefty this season doesn’t have a 200 ab season against lefty in his career

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
He has 87 ab against lefty this season doesn’t have a 200 ab season against lefty in his career
Juan Soto has 110 AB's against lefties this season. Aaron Judge has 78 AB's against lefties this season.

No one alive has 200 AB's against LHP in a season. There aren't enough LHP in baseball for anyone to have that many. He's not a platoon player.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Juan Soto has 110 AB's against lefties this season. Aaron Judge has 78 AB's against lefties this season.

No one alive has 200 AB's against LHP in a season. There aren't enough LHP in baseball for anyone to have that many. He's not a platoon player.
bdlc is at 144

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
The frustrating thing is this team has, legit, the greatest baseball pitcher I have ever seen in Skenes, who knows how to pitch as a rookie and has EVERY pitch. He's gonna be unhittable (barring injury). However, it's just not interesting to me because he will win his World Series in another jersey ala Coles.

I still won't support MLB though I love watching Skenes pitch, I won't watch on TV. Sad. Nuttings need to get the f*** out of Pittsburgh.
Gerrit Cole hasn't won a World Series...yet, but yea, I know what you mean, though.
Why are they there?
Just saying hello.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I would guess that De La Cruz plays for sure tonight and probably IKF too. Unless they aren't arriving at the stadium until too late or something, it wouldn't make much sense otherwise. It's kind of surprising that IKF isn't getting a little more run in AAA to rehab, but he's a veteran and he did get 2 games under his belt.

It's hard to muster a lot of enthusiasm for Woodford, but hopefully the plan is navigate one time through the order and then utilize the bullpen. It's a little trickier with Mlodzinski on the shelf, so maybe we'll see Woodford treated like Fleming was a little while ago, where if he can somehow go twice through the lineup and give you 5 innings, that would be a dream.

Every win / win opportunity is huge, so I'm not thrilled with this spot start, but having the series and a successful road trip in our back pocket is at least a relief.

Reactions: td_ice

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
Jazz Chisholm hitting .368, 8 RBI with his new team.
Randy Arozarena hitting .375, 2 RBI with his new team.
Tommy Pham hitting .667, 6 RBI with his new team.

Time to watch Bryan De La Cruz go 0-5 with 3 strikeouts.:biglaugh:

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
LOL Haines tossed on what like pitch 4?

1722471341280.png

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Ad

Ad