OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
They still have fireworks and bobblehead nights!
1723151774006.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
David Bednar is Wil Crowe with a psychological edge that has since evaporated.

Hate this team. May go 72-90.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
So he is starting on a keller day

Keller day was yesterday. Which is another sign that they are punting on this season. They are already starting to skip or slide starts by Skenes and Keller.

It seems inevitable that they will be last in the division and finish with a top 10 pick again.

Jared Jones made his rehab start,
Burrows is making strides getting back from TJ surgery
Solometo pitched again in AA for the 1st time in two months

Hopefully in September they bring some guys up for a cup of coffee and see what they can provide, like Gorski, Burrows, Ashcraft, Barco, Cook, that dude they got from Boston etc. Gotta bring Davis up as well to see what he has.

Unfortunately, the team seems devoid of hitting prospects which is a massive issue five years into the rebuild. And they are going to have to trade some of the pitching for hitting, I just don't have much trust Cherington can actually evaluate hitting talent.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Keller day was yesterday. Which is another sign that they are punting on this season. They are already starting to skip or slide starts by Skenes and Keller.

It seems inevitable that they will be last in the division and finish with a top 10 pick again.

Jared Jones made his rehab start,
Burrows is making strides getting back from TJ surgery
Solometo pitched again in AA for the 1st time in two months

Hopefully in September they bring some guys up for a cup of coffee and see what they can provide, like Gorski, Burrows, Ashcraft, Barco, Cook, that dude they got from Boston etc. Gotta bring Davis up as well to see what he has.

Unfortunately, the team seems devoid of hitting prospects which is a massive issue five years into the rebuild. And they are going to have to trade some of the pitching for hitting, I just don't have much trust Cherington can actually evaluate hitting talent.
I wish it was only 5 years for the rebuild. This team is on a forever 5 year rebuild. I mean, why even call them 5 year rebuilds when they have been on a rebuild for 20+?

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I wish it was only 5 years for the rebuild. This team is on a forever 5 year rebuild. I mean, why even call them 5 year rebuilds when they have been on a rebuild for 20+?

Did you forget about 13, 14 and 15?

And in 2018 they would have made the playoffs with current wildcard format. Well, maybe....they would have had to play their last game and thus could have finished in 6th. But I get it, that is a 20/20 thought and teams certainly could have played differently and supplemented differently because they would have been in near Wildcard position.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Did you forget about 13, 14 and 15?

And in 2018 they would have made the playoffs with current wildcard format. Well, maybe....they would have had to play their last game and thus could have finished in 6th. But I get it, that is a 20/20 thought and teams certainly could have played differently and supplemented differently because they would have been in near Wildcard position.
I cutout when they traded another 5 year plan in for another. 2007

Playin games don't count for me. They were never in the playoffs, but they should have been. Next time be a division leader.

Wildcard rather than standings record is just stupid. There shouldn't need to be playin ball for the 2nd and 3rd win leaders.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Playin games don't count for me. They were never in the playoffs, but they should have been. Next time be a division leader.

Wildcard rather than standings record is just stupid. There shouldn't need to be playin ball for the 2nd and 3rd win leaders.

Do you not count the Steelers Super bowl in 2005 then?

But I'm glad that baseball agreed and teams now play a 3 game series.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
You think it'll take that long?
Well, i figure we go 3 up 3 down to start

Then they bat a few runs in bottom of 1st, okay we got innings to recover that

Now we're at the top of the 2nd, okay let's get 4-5-6+ batting... BOOM... They all pop out...

Okay still not over

Bottom of second, LAD grand slam after an error then a stupid drop ball loaded the bases

At which point i throw my table over

... Thanks for attending my fanfic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad