OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also it sucks that Skenes has had a stinker of an outing so far, but the offense is definitely showing up to make up for it. 6-3 now and I bet Hendricks is going to be knocked out of the game soon.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
A dumb throw that had no chance of getting the runner. Yeah, catcher ideally fields it but situational baseball is lacking up and down the roster, and I'm sure it permeates throughout every level.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm rewatching Cruz's defense in CF so far and I like what I see. He just moves so well in the OF and can cover so much range. He showed his arm can be good as well with that throw home from CF, even with the bullshit error call (I'm even more confused how that's an error on Cruz the more I watch it, the throw was spot on). Both of his chances at plays in the OF looked like him tracking the ball well on two hard hit balls, albeit both had dropped well before him.

It's early but I like it so far. He looks far more comfortable in the OF than Davis did when they tried him in RF.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A dumb throw that had no chance of getting the runner. Yeah, catcher ideally fields it but situational baseball is lacking up and down the roster, and I'm sure it permeates throughout every level.

That throw home was absolutely close enough to get the out to justify doing it.

The only reason Cruz got an error was because Grandal missed the ball trying to tag out the runner and it allowed Crow-Armstrong to advance to 3rd.

Reactions: ehill613

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
How the f*** was that scored an error on Cruz? That was in no way, shape or form a throwing error.

I was going to make a joke that in the 2nd inning of Cruz in CF, he already has an error, but that was absolutely not an error on him.
Walker explained it. He said it’s no different than an infielder who throws a one hopper to the 1st baseman that isn’t scooped. I don’t agree with it neither does he

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Walker explained it. He said it’s no different than an infielder who throws a one hopper to the 1st baseman that isn’t scooped. I don’t agree with it neither does he

I've never seen a scorekeeper put that standard on an OFer. An OFer throwing home will almost always bounce it before it hits the plate.

It's just a bad error call.

Reactions: bigdaddyk88

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
It's not about the throw being on target. It was late. Yeah, pretty close, but that's a throw that 99.9% of the time results in nothing. If you've played baseball you know this. It's been hammered into you by the time you're in high school and situational baseball wins and loses so many games over the course of a season like MLB.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It's not about the throw being on target. It was late. Yeah, pretty close, but that's a throw that 99.9% of the time results in nothing. If you've played baseball you know this. It's been hammered into you by the time you're in high school and situational baseball wins and loses so many games over the course of a season like MLB.
Stat cast said that was the 2nd fastest throw all season and 15 mph than average

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I don't think Bednar has had an easy inning all year.

Joe is such an idiot. My goodness lmao.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad