OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

Through 4
1724196529059.png

Edit: Lol 3 more K's. Man the MLB needs to implement this challenge system. It takes <7 seconds

Last edited:
Reactions: BusinessGoose

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Have to think Jones comes up next week vs the cubs. Maybe orttz pitching Saturday against Cincinnati then jones on Sunday looks like skenes is getting 2 starts this home stand 8/22 and 8/27

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
2:03 game.

Mitch had great stuff tonight.
Now... Im a HUGE fan of the pitch clock and generally no more BS delays... 3.5+ hour games were STUPID

.... And i get people have a life to live...

BUT verging on only two hours of entertainment is not really where I want to see it going

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Now... Im a HUGE fan of the pitch clock and generally no more BS delays... 3.5+ hour games were STUPID

.... And i get people have a life to live...

BUT verging on only two hours of entertainment is not really where I want to see it going

It's not going on now outside of very good pitching on both sides.

Jose DeLeon had a few two hour games in his rookie year that I attended.

I also like 1-0 hockey games so I may be biased.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Reactions: Factorial

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Looking at how Cook is being used in AAA, I think it makes a ton of sense to let Joe go this off-season and plan on Cook replacing him as a bench piece. Cook has played 1B, 2B and all 3 OF positions in the minors, so he offers even more position flexibility than Joe does. You're also saving probably about $2.5 million by replacing Joe with Cook and probably not getting worse results.

If IKF ends up being a super utility guy next year, you'd have an extremely versatile bench if you go with IKF, Triolo and Cook. You can even extend this to Endy as well, who can play C, 1B, 2B and LF as well.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
If they can't get rid of Hayes, let him rest as much as he needs and let IKF play third base.

I really hope we find a way to get out of Hayes' contract this offseason. I get exhausted just thinking about him grounding out to the pitcher-short-second 200 times next year and killing rallies. Dude sucks or is hurt and will never not be hurt.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I really hope we find a way to get out of Hayes' contract this offseason. I get exhausted just thinking about him grounding out to the pitcher-short-second 200 times next year and killing rallies. Dude sucks or is hurt and will never not be hurt.
Based on his comments, he has a back issue that can't be corrected with surgery, just rest, but it's too much to wait for him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad