Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Rask got almost 11 pct of the cap on his long term deal. Swayman should get about 9 mil going off that formula so he’s way closer to his worth than the pathetic 6.5 number rumored offered

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The numbers that are being thrown around especially 9.5 like McAvoy, he has a limited resume and as such should come in around 6.5 to 7.5. Sure his agent has leverage but the team can only go so far and expect to operate within their overall plan.

Something has got to give by both the parties in order for a workable contract to be signed.

So he has a "pretty big ego" because he wants to be paid like one of the best goalie in the NHL.....like he is? McAvoy had 4yrs in the NHL when he signed his big contract. Swayman has 3-4 years (his first year being when he first turned pro and came up towards the end of the year). McAvoy was seen as a top pairing d-man who would be in Norris discussions for years to come. Swayman is seen as a franchise d-man who will be in Vezina conversations for years to come. Again Swayman's numbers are nearly identical to Rask at the same age and in the same situation. Rask's 8yr deal in today's NHL would have been a $9.5 million cap hit.

To say Swayman has a "pretty big ego" because he's trying to get paid is outlandish. Does everyone whosever asked for more money at their job also have a "pretty big ego"

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trade is not the answer, the league is watching. What player wants to come to a team that cannot settle with its stars?
You are trying to make a legitimate point, but you failed to mention Pasta and McAvoy and, I do not hear any complaints coming from E. Lindholm. Look I, am not anti Swayman, I am just the opposite, I would love to see him playing for the Bruins this year. I need to ask does anyone believe that there is not some lingering bitterness left over from last year's negotiations. Dom has mentioned Sways agent and he could be right, did he not prepare his agent and make sure that he understood the proceedings. Swayman might be a little sensitive and cannot get over what was said. Agent also has had tough talks in the past with the Bruins with the Krug contracts. Maybe Swayman, should question his agent about that............

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The numbers that are being thrown around especially 9.5 like McAvoy, he has a limited resume and as such should come in around 6.5 to 7.5. Sure his agent has leverage but the team can only go so far and expect to operate within their overall plan.

Something has got to give by both the parties in order for a workable contract to be signed.
The cap jail that a GM puts himself into has no bearing on a player's ask.

I don't think Swayman's getting 9.5, but he'd be foolish to not start a little on the high side. It's bartering 101. You never open with your best offer, and you never say yes to the first offer presented.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You are trying to make a legitimate point, but you failed to mention Pasta and McAvoy and, I do not hear any complaints coming from E. Lindholm. Look I, am not anti Swayman, I am just the opposite, I would love to see him playing for the Bruins this year. I need to ask does anyone believe that there is not some lingering bitterness left over from last year's negotiations. Dom has mentioned Sways agent and he could be right, did he not prepare his agent and make sure that he understood the proceedings. Swayman might be a little sensitive and cannot get over what was said. Agent also has had tough talks in the past with the Bruins with the Krug contracts. Maybe Swayman, should question his agent about that............

Or that experience taught him to set aside the personal side of it and approach things from a business perspective.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
So he has a "pretty big ego" because he wants to be paid like one of the best goalie in the NHL.....like he is? McAvoy had 4yrs in the NHL when he signed his big contract. Swayman has 3-4 years (his first year being when he first turned pro and came up towards the end of the year). McAvoy was seen as a top pairing d-man who would be in Norris discussions for years to come. Swayman is seen as a franchise d-man who will be in Vezina conversations for years to come. Again Swayman's numbers are nearly identical to Rask at the same age and in the same situation. Rask's 8yr deal in today's NHL would have been a $9.5 million cap hit.

To say Swayman has a "pretty big ego" because he's trying to get paid is outlandish. Does everyone whosever asked for more money at their job also have a "pretty big ego"
How many people ask to double their salary and expect to receive that amount. This does not happen to any every day joe. Quit comparing to Rask as this a completely separate negotiation and does not mean management is willing to pay the same % of the the overall Cap.

Just get a contract negotiated so we do not have to listen to all of us coming up with what we think is fair. Our input means dick.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Quincy

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
How many people ask to double their salary and expect to receive that amount. This does not happen to any every day joe. Quit comparing to Rask as this a completely separate negotiation and does not mean management is willing to pay the same % of the the overall Cap.

It's pretty funny you're bringing up an "every day" Joe in regards to Swayman's contract negotiations while also saying you can't compare it to another Bruins goaltender's contract negotiations.

One of those is pointless and the other is very relevant, you just have them totally backwards.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Just get a contract negotiated so we do not have to listen to all of us coming up with what we think is fair. Our input means dick.
Comparing to Rask is a lot closer than comparing to any every day joe. Just two different realities.

As to your last statement. No one is making you read this thread.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Or trade him
"Trade me right, effin now!"
and then hang up

And just think...double his paycheck to 9.5, he becomes The Guy and then goes from 42 games a year to possibly 10 or so more to 52 maybe 55.:huh:

The term "for the good of the team does not exist anymore."
Personally, I don't care if he plays more than 55 game in the regular season. As long as he plays at least 16 in the playoffs!

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
It's pretty funny you're bringing up an "every day" Joe in regards to Swayman's contract negotiations while also saying you can't compare it to another Bruins goaltender's contract negotiations.

One of those is pointless and the other is very relevant, you just have
No point in arguing with all the pro Swayman crowd, they seem to think that everything they say should be taken as the only legit options for management.

Comparing to Rask is a lot closer than comparing to any every day joe. Just two different realities.

As to your last statement. No one is making you read this thread.
So I will do as I prefer.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
No point in arguing with all the pro Swayman crowd, they seem to think that everything they say should be taken as the only legit options for management.

My guy, I have literally said, in this thread, that people who don't want to give a goalie a big contract have a legit point of view.

Bringing up "average joes" and their salaries when talking about elite athletes in a billion dollar industry that is also the greatest hockey league in the world is not legit.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
8 yrs x 8m.
It really sucks that Sweeney took on Korpisalo. That would be a non-starter for most GM’s in his position. All for a mid to late 1st? Ottawa was gifted Ullmark. Now he’s strong arming Swayman for a few million.

What team do you think would have taken Ullmark's contract and offered the Bruins a decent enough deal, at the same time a destination Ullmark would have given the ok to be traded to? I think these parameters narrowed down possible trade destinations.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
How many people ask to double their salary and expect to receive that amount. This does not happen to any every day joe.

How many people would if they could lol

Quit comparing to Rask as this a completely separate negotiation and does not mean management is willing to pay the same % of the the overall Cap.

By this logic you can't use any negotiation with any other goalie in the history of the NHL. If that's the case how does either side know what's a fair deal?

I mean in fairness you don't have to listen to all of us come up with what we think is fair.....no one is forcing you to come into the thread and read post about it. And you're correct, our input means dick. Then again none of us have the expectation that B's management is coming to HFB to get advice on what they should do. We're all just giving our opinion until camp opens and we have something else to talk about.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Rask got almost 11 pct of the cap on his long term deal. Swayman should get about 9 mil going off that formula so he’s way closer to his worth than the pathetic 6.5 number rumored offered

Can you explain why you think they are comparable?

- Rask was going into his 4th contract

- Rask had just come off his 1st year as Boston's #1 starter and placed 5th in Vezina race

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

- Rask had just come off his 1st year as Boston's #1 starter and placed 5th in Vezina race

Using the 2013 season as a starter is a but disingenuous. It was a shortened season where his starter load was only 34 games (out of 48), same as Swayman's load.

Rask had a 5th place finish and Swayman has a 7th, the difference is a handful of votes at that point.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

Rask 26. Swayman 25. Both thought of as the future

Most starts in a season. Rask 39. Swayman 43

Rask Vezina placing 5, Swayman 7

Rask 3.5 mil one year deal was his deal before, Swayman 3,475.000 last year

Rask 67 career wins. Swayman 79
Rask 126 starts. Swayman 125 starts

Rask out of this world two rounds in the playoffs , Swayman 1

Rask played on a team that won the Stanley cup 2 springs earlier

Swayman played on a team that was a 7 seed 2 springs earlier

seems like a no brainer to give him the same type deal no? Especially considering Rask played on a serious cup contender and Swayman played on the “infamous HF bridge year”

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
SIGN THE DOTTED LINE, BIG DAWG!
You would think they view him as the future if they dealt Ullmark so quickly. One would think they spoke to Jeremy but they seem to have issues doing two things at once. Throw in the draft approaching and they must have been in bits

It’s simple to me. If you don’t think he’s worth an 8 60 mil plus deal move him

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

In the NHL it happens quite frequently to double your salary or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad