Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. VII

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Watching the defense be just Hughes and the sea of #6's is like deja vu with Horvat's career where all he got as wingers were bottom six grinders until basically last year.

History doesn't repeat itself but it sure does rhyme.

I want to see what he can do with a real partner that can actually keep up with him.

Reactions: Burnaby Schmo

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Bump

Huggy has achieved an impressive milestone - fastest D to reach 200 NHL career assists (in 263 games). And he beat out some incredible players.

Svencouver, please re-post from the main board.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Also, gonna be climbing up the all time Canuck D man pts ladder in a big way to end the year. 10th now with Lanz, Jovo, Salo and Bieksa all in his sights by year end:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
For what it's worth, Hughes has 20 points more than the highest scoring Leafs d-man. In fact as soon as Hronek steps into the lineup they'll have two guys with more points than any Leafs d-man.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Incredible achievement, his overall play on both ends has taken a step forward this year.

Quinntessential

Mar 25, 2013
Would it be politically correct to compare Quinn Hughes to Jesus? I believe he is Jewish so it works that way but not sure.. is it kosher? I have a strange hunch he has another level and he’ll soon be the captain that saves this franchise.

Reactions: Zombotron

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Would it be politically correct to compare Quinn Hughes to Jesus? I believe he is Jewish so it works that way but not sure.. is it kosher? I have a strange hunch he has another level and he’ll soon be the captain that saves this franchise.
Yes...he is f***ing awesome.

Quinntessential

Mar 25, 2013
Hughes is a bit like the Sedins in that he brings such a unique and dominating play style that the rest of the league will be forced to incorporate it and figure out how to counter it like they did with the Sedin cycle. The typical elite defenseman is supposed to have a big body to physically absorb forecheckers while making a good first pass or skating the puck up ice and protecting the puck. Quinn Hughes accomplishes the same with phenomenal speed, agility, puck skills, and quick thinking - qualities you’d sooner expect to see in an elite forward. Instead of absorbing a big hit he can just as easily avoid it. He can protect the puck with some of the most beautiful edge work you’ll see, effortlessly avoiding pressure and creating space with quick little maneuvers. He never stops thinking and he’s one of the best at it, extremely smart, one of the smartest hockey players I’ve seen. How do you even counter that? Guaranteed the next generation of defensemen will watch how he plays and try to copy him in particular. It will take him breaking some more records or the Canucks to make a deep run before the rest of the hockey world truly catches on.

Reactions: Nomobo and Grantham

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
FqJurqKXgBQnNSd

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Reminds me of Pettersson’s quote the other day: “Quinn Hughes is more popular than Jesus now. I don’t know which will go first – Quinn Hughes’ smooth skating or Christianity”

Reactions: Quinntessential

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I would assume a practicing jew would consider a comparison to Jesus as being compared to a heretic, so it wouldn’t be complementary if thats what you are asking.

But on a not giving a crap because people shouldn’t be so easy offended scale, Im sure its fine.

Just my opinion though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad