Prospect Info: Prospect Thread (Overseas, College, Junior, etc)

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
fink had a hat trick last night and is up to 15pts in 13 games
Was really unsure of Fink due to his size. Being listed at 5'9" and 153 lbs. Dude is showing he can more than hang at the NCAA level. Still worry about the transition to NHL level but him doing well in the NCAA has me quite hopeful for him.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Was really unsure of Fink due to his size. Being listed at 5'9" and 153 lbs. Dude is showing he can more than hang at the NCAA level. Still worry about the transition to NHL level but him doing well in the NCAA has me quite hopeful for him.
Yeah he’s still not a sure thing but the other top producing freshman in the NCAA are Celbrini, Perrault, and Smith which is good company to be with.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I remember Patrick Harper, but being tiny isn't always the end of the line though... it's more up to the player's own "intestinal fortitude"... we saw Rocco Grimaldi make a push as an NHLer, and lots of other guys around the league have done it too. Trey Fix-Wolansky just got recalled by the BJ's, another 7th round pick. It's kind of all down to how hard the player is going to push at it, and for how long. It won't be quick or easy for them. But if they've got what it takes, they don't automatically become the next Harper. Fink would be such a great story if he did make it, as Poile's "last pick". I hope he has that extra drive!
:yo:

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
if he can work on his skating he could turn into our Debrincat or Brayden Point

His IQ and offensive skills are off the charts

IMG_7841.jpeg

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I remember Patrick Harper, but being tiny isn't always the end of the line though... it's more up to the player's own "intestinal fortitude"... we saw Rocco Grimaldi make a push as an NHLer, and lots of other guys around the league have done it too. Trey Fix-Wolansky just got recalled by the BJ's, another 7th round pick. It's kind of all down to how hard the player is going to push at it, and for how long. It won't be quick or easy for them. But if they've got what it takes, they don't automatically become the next Harper. Fink would be such a great story if he did make it, as Poile's "last pick". I hope he has that extra drive!
:yo:
Fink is listed at 5’10 per elite prospects right now (even though the draft guide has him at 5’9)

Patrick Harper was like 5’7 if memory serves me right which doesnt really make for an apt comparison.

5’10 isnt “ undersized“ IMO

Undersized starts at 5’9 and below

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
15 pts in 13 games for an 18yo freshman in high level NCAA hockey is impressive.
Freshmen ahead of him

Celebrini - probably 1st overall this draft
22P in 11 Games
Perreault - 23rd overall last draft
17P in 12 Games
Smith - 4th overall last draft
16P in 12 Games

The two below him are Nadeau- 30th overall last draft and Giampa - undrafted for some reason.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He’s basically the same size as Perrault too and playing on a less stacked team… very exciting prospect

Yeah i wasnt sure how the teams or schedules stack up in the NCAA. The size comparison between him and Perreault caught my eye as well. Theyre about the same weight and Fink is only like an inch shorter.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
uh guys, Fink is 6th in NCAA scoring with 9 g (12th overall) and 12 assists for 21 points in 15 games

he's ahead of Matt Wood, Gabe Perrault, Oliver Moore and Will Smith as draft comparables

he has 13 pts in his last 5 games lmao

Reactions: herzausstein

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
2nd highest LHD behind Molendyk on Preds depth chart
Well, I don't know what your criteria might be on that, but obviously Stastney, Del Gaizo are higher also. Sward we probably wouldn't even have signed if he hadn't gone on this tear as an overager. It's great that he has. And now he'll get signed. But he was also very non-descript in the rookie tournament games when playing with all our other prospects. You kind of have to pump the tires on a guy in his situation, even while at the same time being pleased with his performance and hopeful that he will be ready next time to take the next steps as a pro. :dunno:

Reactions: Gnashville

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Well, I don't know what your criteria might be on that, but obviously Stastney, Del Gaizo are higher also. Sward we probably wouldn't even have signed if he hadn't gone on this tear as an overager. It's great that he has. And now he'll get signed. But he was also very non-descript in the rookie tournament games when playing with all our other prospects. You kind of have to pump the tires on a guy in his situation, even while at the same time being pleased with his performance and hopeful that he will be ready next time to take the next steps as a pro. :dunno:
in pipeline, not Milwaukee

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
uh guys, Fink is 6th in NCAA scoring with 9 g (12th overall) and 12 assists for 21 points in 15 games

he's ahead of Matt Wood, Gabe Perrault, Oliver Moore and Will Smith as draft comparables

I mean, I think we all love what Fink is doing. But... you might want to think about bringing that forward while also not simultaneously trying to shit on our other best prospects? :dunno: Like, just because Fink is awesome doesn't mean there is anything wrong with what Wood is doing? Does that make any kind of sense to you? :dunno:

Reactions: AnalogKid

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Why do you have to be so abrasive dude?

I've never said anything about Wood other than he has regressed in his stat lines, which is a 100% accurate statement. I have not shat on him once- that is your own perceived bias creeping in.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

What is the quality of the team he is playing for and the competition he is facing? Is he on a top tier D1 team?(I know bupkis about college hockey)

Reactions: AnalogKid

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
What is the quality of the team he is playing for and the competition he is facing? Is he on a top tier D1 team?(I know bupkis about college hockey)
I'm not a big college hockey expert but Penn State is in the Big 10 which is one of the better conferences, but Penn State is like the 3rd worst team in the conf. They have 3 NHL draft picks on their roster, 1 being Chase Mclane who may be our most obscure prospect

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'm not a big college hockey expert but Penn State is in the Big 10 which is one of the better conferences, but Penn State is like the 3rd worst team in the conf. They have 3 NHL draft picks on their roster, 1 being Chase Mclane who may be our most obscure prospect
McLane is another 7th round pick but he never really developed offensively. He really doesnt have much of a shot getting a contract in my opinion.

Wood was held back offensively while being trialed at center. I think he has basically been a PPG since being back at wing.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Yea he's been basically a ppg player (9pts in last 10 games) but I'd like to see him take a step forward with this offensive.

Since I don't watch a ton of college hockey I don't know much about how UCONN is compared to last year, but as I said he's still leading his team in pts. UCONN doesn't have a ton of blue chip players with high draft pedigree so there's that

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Why do you have to be so abrasive dude?

I've never said anything about Wood other than he has regressed in his stat lines, which is a 100% accurate statement. I have not shat on him once- that is your own perceived bias creeping in.
I'm just trying to help you be a better poster! :D Look on the bright side, at least I see your posts now, which hasn't been the case very often in the past. We can build on this! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad