Prospect Info: Prospect Thread (Overseas, College, Junior, etc)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I am at Fiserv Form for the Kwik Trip Holiday Face-Off. In the 4 PM game it is Minnesota Duluth versus Northeastern. Gunnarwolfe Fontaine (Rd 7 #202) and Alex Campbell (Rd 3 #65) both play for the Huskies. I saw Fontaine during the warm up. He started the game at RW. Campbell is on the ice. He is on the third line at LW.

At 15:59, Ben Steeves scored from the high slot on a wrister to make it 1-0 UMD. The assists were to Pionk and Smith. No penalties so far. These teams have not played each other in 25 years. Smith just hit the crossbar. Vinny Borgesi of NE got 2 minutes for Cross Checking at 19:21. With 13.7 seconds remaining, UMD's #27 Blake Biondi scored a PPG to make it 2-0. The SOG were 8-6 UMD.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
In period 2, Jack Williams, #15 for NE, scored at 1:27 and again on PP 8 minutes in to make it 2-2. UMD scored at 8:56 to take a 3-2 lead. It was #20 Owen Gallatin. NE tied it at around 15 minutes. Fontaine scored with an assist to Williams. The SOG were UMD 16 NE 12. NE has a Cross Checking penalty that will carry over for 1:53 into period 3. The game got a little more physical in period 2.

No scoring in period 3. SOG were 11-2 Northeastern. We go to 5 minutes of OT.
Jack Williams scored 1:45 into OT. They announced that as his hat trick. The SOG were 2-1 Huskies.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Game 2 at 7:30 features the host Wisconsin Badgers in cardinal versus the Air Force Falcons in their azure blue uniforms.

At 4:45, Simon Tassy scored from the slot hashmark to make it 1-0 Badgers. Fitzgerald, #13 for the Badgers, left the game around 11 minutes. There was a big hit in the neutral zone between 3 players and he did not get up for about 30 seconds.
Whitelaw,#8 for the Badgers, picked up 5 minutes for an elbow to the head. It will carry over for 4:36 into period 2. The SOG were 8-8.

Fitzgerald came back for period 2. Just before the penalty expired, the Badgers hit both posts. Guy Blessing, the AF goalie looked jumpy on the second post in 19 seconds. The two goalies, Blessing and Kyle McClellan are putting on a clinic! It is still 1-0 Badgers after 30 minutes. It is getting chippy out there. AF #44 two minutes for Interference with 9.5 remaining.
The SOG were 17-9 Badgers. Still 1-0.

One minute into period 3, #15 David Silye scored straight down the slot for a 2-0 lead.
Air Force pulled their goalie with 2 minutes remaining. The Badgers hit the empty net around 1:30, but the goal was disallowed due to offside. It was a good call. I ducked out and assume the game ended 2-0. The Badgers will play Northeastern for the trophy at 7:30 CT on Friday.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Game 3 today is Air Force versus Minnesota Duluth. The goalies are Guy Blessing for the Air Force and Zach Stejskal for UMD. Both played yesterday. Air Force scored a PPG by #37 Will Gavin about 14 minutes into the period. Seconds later, UMD scored via #33 Carter Loney to tie it at 1-1. The SOG were 11 each.

In period 2, there was no scoring until a PPG with 5 seconds remaining by UMD's #6 Ben Steeves to make it 2-1. He is their leading scorer. That was their third PP in the period.

In period 3, UMD scored with about 6.5 minutes remaining to make it 3-1. Luke Johnson #37 with the goal and Anthony Menghini #26 on the assist. AF took their TO at 4:33 remaining. AF pulled their goalie after winning the face-off. UMD iced the puck with 1 minute to go. They are taking their TO. Steeves win the ENG at 1.2 seconds to make it 4-1 UMD..

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Game 4, the title game between the Northeastern Huskies and the Wisconsin Badgers. Whitehead in goal for NE and Kyle McClellan in the white jersey for WI. Gunnarwolfe Fontaine at RW starting for NE.

Simon Tassy scored unassisted at 12:13 into the period to put the Badgers ahead. I saw Fontaine with a rush and a SOG. Campbell had 2 shots and spent time in front of McClellan. Lund picked up 2 minutes for Hooking with 42 seconds left. The Badgers PP will carry over for 1:18 into period 2. SOG were 13-8 Northeastern. Bucky is on the ice.

In period 2, WI scored a PPG at 10:50 via Cruz Lucius. It was waved off for goaltender Interference. No replay shown. It is getting very chippy out on the ice! Tassy from the slot on a delayed penalty with 5:49 remaining. Lund 2 minutes for Holding. Two Badgers dumped in the last 10 seconds. No call on either one. The score is 2-0 Badgers. The SOG were 19-1 Wisconsin!

Tassy scored his hatter with 3:28 left to make it 3-0. There was some nastiness in the last 15 seconds. Player #14 of NE received a 10 minute Misconduct for Abuse of Officials. Two other Husky players should have left with him.

Simon Tassy was the Most Outstanding player with 4 goals. The Most Outstanding Dman was #2 Daniel Laatsch. The Most Outstanding Goalie was Kyle McClellan with two shutouts for the Badgers.

Last edited:

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I don't think Kasper Kulonummi is fast enough to be NHL player. He's looked quite mediocre at WJC.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland

Goalie goal! Great call too even though I don’t understand any of it.

Some translation:

Juha Jatkola attempts to score a goal and THERE IT IS! Juha Jatkola and IT GOES IN! The goaltender makes it 5-1. Sensational play in Kuopio. The goalscorer, 21-year-old KalPa goalie Juha Jatkola.

"Aina hauskaa olla pittää" plays in Kuopio, as the goalie gets to play behind the net and puts an accurate chip to the empty HPK net and it is 5-1.

And now the crowd in Kuopio shouts enthusiastically Jatkola, Jatkola name. This will raise the feelings in Kuopio team.

KalPa has an own goal song for empty net goals. The name is roughly "Always has to be fun", sung in the Savo dialect of the Finnish language.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Some translation:

Juha Jatkola attempts to score a goal and THERE IT IS! Juha Jatkola and IT GOES IN! The goaltender makes it 5-1. Sensational play in Kuopio. The goalscorer, 21-year-old KalPa goalie Juha Jatkola.

"Aina hauskaa olla pittää" plays in Kuopio, as the goalie gets to play behind the net and puts an accurate chip to the empty HPK net and it is 5-1.

And now the crowd in Kuopio shouts enthusiastically Jatkola, Jatkola name. This will raise the feelings in Kuopio team.

KalPa has an own goal song for empty net goals. The name is roughly "Always has to be fun", sung in the Savo dialect of the Finnish language.

Thank you very much!

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Talk about picking up where you left off. This kid sure acts like he wants a shot at the big team next year.
If he would be going to the AHL, i wouldnt hesitate to send him down for more seasoning tbh. I just dont think he is going to get much more out of another season in the WHL next year. Guess that is next years problem to figure out though.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
If he would be going to the AHL, i wouldnt hesitate to send him down for more seasoning tbh. I just dont think he is going to get much more out of another season in the WHL next year. Guess that is next years problem to figure out though.
IDK, Trotz said he had to talk Bruno in to sending him back this season. Bruno wanted him up here,

Reactions: PredsV82

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Who was the last player to make the jump to the NHL in their draft + 2 year? Girard?

Fabbro came over from Boston College in D+2, got 4 games and was a regular the next year.

Girard got 5 games in his D+1 but was then shipped to Colorado and has been a regular ever since.

Evangelista got 24 games in D+2 and is a regular now in D+3

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Fabbro came over from Boston College in D+2, got 4 games and was a regular the next year.

Girard got 5 games in his D+1 but was then shipped to Colorado and has been a regular ever since.

Evangelista got 24 games in D+2 and is a regular now in D+3
Yes should have clarified made the jump to an NHL regular. I probably misused the draft year thing to but I meant played in the NHL within two seasons of being drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad