Prospect Info: Prospect Thread (Overseas, College, Junior, etc)

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Ok.... for a more serious response. We can discuss Fink without the need to compare him to an All star, Conn Smythe, Norris winning dman. Statistically speaking, players drafted in his position do not succeed much at the NHL level. There are some notable exceptions (H. Zetterberg, P. Datsyuk). Luckily for him, it looks like based off everything ive seen he seems more like a 4th round pick than a 7th round pick. His skating seems a bit wonky but workable. He has the tools to become a NHL player. With some luck, he will become a winger half as good as B. Point from Tampa, with alot of luck he will be about the same level. I like what ive seen and read so far but am going to wait to see how his freshman year goes before i start making projections for him

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, I like the Fink pick. I even to some much lesser extent hold out a little bit of hope for one day seeing Fontaine or Knak make it to Milwaukee and gain more of a following. But at the same time... in the old days it probably would have just been deleted as trolling by an enemy fanbase to put out something like the Fink/Makar topic.
:dunno:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
As far as 7th round picks goes Fink is definitely an intriguing one, but its also clear that actual NHL teams valued him a lot less than the online scouting community did given how far he dropped in the draft relative to their rankings. One thing I like from reading about him is he is a guy who seems to work his ass off so that seems to bode well for his NHL chances.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Little update on Kasper Kulonummi, our 3rd rounder in 2022:

He's playing now on the top pair of the top team in Liiga. He's playing there due to injuries but he's holding up quite well and he's earned the trust of his coach Rickard Grönborg (who's rumored to be the next European NHL Coach).

He just got his 1st assist in Liiga and otherwise is playing well against men.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Don't look now, but Knak getting top line minutes to start the year.

my boy Knak finna tear it up this year

Little update on Kasper Kulonummi, our 3rd rounder in 2022:

He's playing now on the top pair of the top team in Liiga. He's playing there due to injuries but he's holding up quite well and he's earned the trust of his coach Rickard Grönborg (who's rumored to be the next European NHL Coach).

He just got his 1st assist in Liiga and otherwise is playing well against men.
damn Liiga has already started??

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm just wondering if the Preds are asking for a 'Shane Wright' exemption for Reid Schaeffer?

Cutoff for AHL play is today, 9/15 and his 20th birthday is the 21st. 6 days. Part of me is going, 'How many friggin 1st round forwards does Milwaukee need?' Also, has Reid ever gone to his mom and asked, 'You couldn't do a c-section one week before?' LOL!

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm just wondering if the Preds are asking for a 'Shane Wright' exemption for Reid Schaeffer?

Cutoff for AHL play is today, 9/15 and his 20th birthday is the 21st. 6 days. Part of me is going, 'How many friggin 1st round forwards does Milwaukee need?' Also, has Reid ever gone to his mom and asked, 'You couldn't do a c-section one week before?' LOL!
I don't think that cutoff fits Wright yet, but aside from that, I don't see the point... Schaeffer is a "man-size" player already, no point in playing him an overage year in junior against 16-17-18 year olds. Ok, we did just do that with a "man-size" Prokop. But they aren't in the same echelon in terms of the draft.

So far Schaeffer definitely looks a little behind the play to me in 4 periods of this rookie tournament. I am not expecting Big Things from him in Milwaukee... L'Heureux looks better, even guys like Navrin Mutter seem a little more involved? Ok, so maybe temper expectations for Year 1. Maybe he gets 5-10 goals only in Milwaukee? We're really a little thin-looking up front as it stands now already for the Ads, though, so I would just throw him in there and let Karl Taylor work with him. Unless we are getting REALLY good loaners up front from the Hurricanes.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Schaefer needs to quicken his pace and skating quite a bit before he can be an NHLer. I over heard that conversation at dev camp from one of the Nashville media people talking to another at the glass. No knowledge of skating stride or anything involved with that from me, but he didn't stand out much in any way in the 2 games I've watched so perhaps that was a correct assessment.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Good rundown of our prospects and where they will be playing.

How about Chistyakov hitting 135 games of pro experience in the KHL. I know many have counted him out, but damn that's a lot of pro games for his age. He could hit the ground running when he comes over. He is playing RD1 to start the year.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Sward's numbers are even before they get Benson and Savoie back (well it looks like they might not get Benson). Their offense may have another notch yet to climb. I think we expected massive overage numbers from Sward already, but I can't say he looked very good in the rookie tournament, so I will keep my excitement in check even while he very likely continues to pile up those numbers all year. :dunno:

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Im sure it will come back to earth but here is swards PNHLE stats
20331A5C-E9EF-4C91-A082-DD4FE29A81D9.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad