Prospect Info: Prospect Thread (Overseas, College, Junior, etc)

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I hope I am wrong..the guy just doesn't look like he has that dawg in him

Evangelista's got that dawg in him
Evangelista plays with more fire in him but it doesnt mean Tomasino cant be a good player as well. More than enough room for both on the team. I hope tomasino doesnt fall into the trap that he has to distribute the puck to forsberg and realizes he can shoot it himself.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Evangelista plays with more fire in him but it doesnt mean Tomasino cant be a good player as well. More than enough room for both on the team. I hope tomasino doesnt fall into the trap that he has to distribute the puck to forsberg and realizes he can shoot it himself.
I dunno, if you asked me after 2021-22, obviously Tomasino would have been FAR ahead of Evangelista. The guy was doing great in very limited/sheltered minutes for a full season in the NHL. It's just impossible to really gauge what kind of effect Hynes had on him. He seemed to get "tentative", adopt a "walking on eggshells" approach that simply had never existed previously. He got massively screwed up by a bad coach last season is about all I can conclude. How much of that was truly him and how much the coaching problem is just impossible to determine. We're going to have to get a clean slate next season under Brunette to have any idea where Tomasino is at now. Which IMO was totally unnecessary and annoying. But that's the price you pay when the GM doubles down on an obviously bad coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
it doesnt mean Tomasino cant be a good player as well.
Yeah I don't know why for some people it seems like because Evangelista/Parsinnen were so much better than expected last season that it means Tomasino got worse. I think that Tomasino definitely seemed timid at times and I had high hopes he would truly break out last year, but he still scored at a 13g-34a pace in the NHL last season. His 5v5 goal scoring rates were down but other than that he improved basically everywhere else statswise.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Pronman ranks our pipeline 16th. Up from 22nd last year.

Wood
Askarov
Parssinen
Tomasino
Kemell
Molendyk
Evangelista
Schaefer
Burke
Nilsson
Lind
Ufko
Svechkov
Chystyakov
Fink

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

Wood
Askarov
Parssinen
Tomasino
Kemell
Molendyk
Evangelista
Schaefer
Burke
Nilsson
Lind
Ufko
Svechkov
Chystyakov
Fink
He's interestingly remained low on Evangelista compared to most other.

Any comments from him about why?

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Well, he contradicts himself a bit.

"The only issue in Evangelista’s game is a lack of great footspeed but it hasn’t seemed to hold him back too much against men. He looks like a solid middle-six wing"

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

Wood
Askarov
Parssinen
Tomasino
Kemell
Molendyk
Evangelista
Schaefer
Burke
Nilsson
Lind
Ufko
Svechkov
Chystyakov
Fink
Interesting list but I guess that's Pronman for you. Kind of funny that he had Kulonummi as his surprise inclusion at #6 last season and then he's completely absent this year.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Thing that kills us with Pronman's rankings is that we dont have anyone making a large NHL impact that fits his age criteria. Player must be 22 or under as of a certain date.

Parssinen, Tomasino, and Chistyakov come off next year leaving only Evangelista as the only NHL player. Meanwhile, Chicago will be a top 10 staple for years by virtue of having drafted Bedard.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Ok hear me out: I know they are different positions but….

In their respective draft years:

Cale Makar:
2016–17Brooks BanditsAJHL54245175

Aidan Fink: Brooks Bandits: 54 gp 41 goals 56 assists 97 pts

Both are #Shortkings (makar only an inch taller) yet Fink outproduced him… Makar is really a 4th fwd, so what is stopping Fink from realizing 60 pt upside? Skating?

Pls discuss

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Haven't you been roasted enough yet? Your thread about player intelligence on the main boards was pretty cringey

• Wow
Reactions: Kat Predator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad