Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Upon further review, looks. Like they pulled Sorokin afer giving up 2 bad goals. Both should have been stopped, first one a medium distance goal against with no screen, should have been stopped, 2nd one a horrible short side goal where it looked like he had coverage of that corner of the net, but somehow it squeaked in.

Updated stats, even though he's had two bad games out of eight, he's 4-4 with a 2.22 ga and .936 sp. Still stellar stats on a horrible team. We have to expect some bad ones amongst some very promising play. Still impressive for a 19 year old. I think he's established himself as the #1 goalie on his team, as well as may be setting himself up as the #1 goalie for Russia's WJC team.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Upon further review, looks. Like they pulled Sorokin afer giving up 2 bad goals. Both should have been stopped, first one a medium distance goal against with no screen, should have been stopped, 2nd one a horrible short side goal where it looked like he had coverage of that corner of the net, but somehow it squeaked in.

Updated stats, even though he's had two bad games out of eight, he's 4-4 with a 2.22 ga and .936 sp. Still stellar stats on a horrible team. We have to expect some bad ones amongst some very promising play. Still impressive for a 19 year old. I think he's established himself as the #1 goalie on his team, as well as may be setting himself up as the #1 goalie for Russia's WJC team.

It's going to happen sometimes, Sorokin had a nice stretch of games after the first bad one.
By the way Scott, did you have L and B last night?

scott99

May 13, 2005
It's going to happen sometimes, Sorokin had a nice stretch of games after the first bad one.
By the way Scott, did you have L and B last night?

Yes sir, it was delicious ! My nephew loves it too. My brother in law says the best Sicilian slice he's had is in some place in Astoria Queens, IRS a bakery that also makes Sicilian slices, forgotten the name.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
It's weird in my iPad Air. The video plays for 15/25 seconds then stops and then rinse and repeat. I thought maybe it was my wifi but netflix works smooth as a babies bottom lol.

You know what's not choppy is bobs discount furniture lol.

The commercials are never choppy. Every time on ITV they show that Bob O Pedic. No trouble at all watching the KHL highlights, at least we get a bit of a look at Sorokin. Scott posted above, it would be great to see him play in the World Junior.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Yes sir, it was delicious ! My nephew loves it too. My brother in law says the best Sicilian slice he's had is in some place in Astoria Queens, IRS a bakery that also makes Sicilian slices, forgotten the name.

Had a few friends over to the dungeon for last night's game, made the home version of L and B. It came out great, did it in the wood burning oven which gave it a different flavor then a regular oven still the guests ate it up. Hope next year at Barclays we can meet up for a game, some L and B and of course a little draft and prospect talk.

Back to business, could not listen to VCR's or Burroughs game last night, will do so today. Pulock looked pretty good, still needs some work but overall encouraging.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Had a few friends over to the dungeon for last night's game, made the home version of L and B. It came out great, did it in the wood burning oven which gave it a different flavor then a regular oven still the guests ate it up. Hope next year at Barclays we can meet up for a game, some L and B and of course a little draft and prospect talk.

Back to business, could not listen to VCR's or Burroughs game last night, will do so today. Pulock looked pretty good, still needs some work but overall encouraging.

Man home made wood oven pizza sounds amazing ! You'll enjoy L&B Rex, good stuff. We had the Brooklyn Burger as well, but it didn't seem as good as last year. So my nephew decided next year, course one will be L&B pizza, as well as course two lol. Though, They opened up a Shake Shack right across the street from the arena, so that may change his eating pattern lol.

Pulock did look good last night Rex, he was actually named 1st star of the game. I'm really encouraged by our prospects, very exciting time to be an Islander's fan.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Man home made wood oven pizza sounds amazing ! You'll enjoy L&B Rex, good stuff. We had the Brooklyn Burger as well, but it didn't seem as good as last year. So my nephew decided next year, course one will be L&B pizza, as well as course two lol. Though, They opened up a Shake Shack right across the street from the arena, so that may change his eating pattern lol.

Pulock did look good last night Rex, he was actually named 1st star of the game. I'm really encouraged by our prospects, very exciting time to be an Islander's fan.

It's been a few years since going to L and B, hope the one in Barclays matches the pizza at the Spumoni Gardens.

Pulock's skating looks better that last year, now he needs some pro experience working on playing in his own end. Can't remember who posted it in the GDT, he looks like he may not be in the AHL all that long.

Built the wood oven out of brick around 15 years ago. Growing all the ingredients in the garden (and in the winter greenhouse) makes for great pizza.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Just watched the Wild vs Jets exhibition game. Both Nicholai Ehlers (Jets) and Nino Niederreiter (Wild) looked fantastic. Ehlers made one play where he just skated through and around 4 Wild players and made a nice pass that wound up being a secondary assist. Also almost scored a goal on a dangle. Jamie McLennan said after the game, that Ehlers reminded him of Patrick Kane, he said you jump out of your seat every time Ehlers has the puck.

Niederreiter played his usual game, he a big power forward who parks himself in the crease, and of course he scored a goal. But like I remember in that legendary WJC game where the Swiss upset the Russians, Nino played in all situations, 2nd team pp, good penalty killer. Always loved the Nino pick. I think he scores 20-25 this year and adds some good penalty killing as well as some grit in front of the net.

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
Just watched the Wild vs Jets exhibition game. Both Nicholai Ehlers (Jets) and Nino Niederreiter (Wild) looked fantastic. Ehlers made one play where he just skated through and around 4 Wild players and made a nice pass that wound up being a secondary assist. Also almost scored a goal on a dangle. Jamie McLennan said after the game, that Ehlers reminded him of Patrick Kane, he said you jump out of your seat every time Ehlers has the puck.

Niederreiter played his usual game, he a big power forward who parks himself in the crease, and of course he scored a goal. But like I remember in that legendary WJC game where the Swiss upset the Russians, Nino played in all situations, 2nd team pp, good penalty killer. Always loved the Nino pick. I think he scores 20-25 this year and adds some good penalty killing as well as some grit in front of the net.

Yeah but does Nino get chippy with the refs? That's what you need in the playoffs.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Greetings. I come from an alternate Earth where Nino did not get traded but instead headed back to Europe after he became a RFA this past offseason and refused to re-sign with the Isles.

Man, our HFBoard posters are REALLY *****ing about the Isles did not getting anything in return for the baby-man.

/sarcasm

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

Ehlers is going to be a flat out star. I follow the Jets very closely, and you can just tell that there's something special about him. If it were up to me, I think he belongs in the NHL, but Winnipeg is stacked in their top 6 so I think he may be sent back to Halifax.

how many games has he gotten so far this preseason? has he been sent down?

Ho-Sang has only played one preseason game along with Dal Colle. I figure they'll get at least 1 or 2 more games before they get sent back down.

bobbyt911

Ehlers is going to be a flat out star. I follow the Jets very closely, and you can just tell that there's something special about him. If it were up to me, I think he belongs in the NHL, but Winnipeg is stacked in their top 6 so I think he may be sent back to Halifax.

Ho-Sang has only played one preseason game along with Dal Colle. I figure they'll get at least 1 or 2 more games before they get sent back down.

Ehlers has impressed me as well, as has Nylander but not all around like Ehlers has. Ehlers looks like he gives more effort in all areas of the ice and Nylander likes to pick his spots. However Nylander is tricky tricky, he looks insanely good at stripping the puck from anyone. He needs to make the play a lil sooner, like the play Ehlers made to get the 2nd assist Nylander has done the same many times except he will continue to dip and dangle till the prime chance is gone. Also Nylander lacks physical confidence big time, if he has space he goes all star but when he is physically pressured you can tell he gets tense which is too bad cuz thats his bread and butter, a few times when he has been confident he makes other players look dumb when he decides to dangle in close.
In the last game he had Myers spinning and swiping for about 2-3 secs all the while he kept the puck in Myers feet. It was pretty amazing lol

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
quoted you because I saw you guys were online

I have been asking about Ho-Sang and getting no answers. Soo how has he looked? I haven't heard his name mentioned at all so far this preseason and was wondering why

Didn't answer Bobby because I never saw you post here before. Have not had a chance to see JHS yet. He was one of the stars in the rookie scrimmage shortly after the draft, but was away at the time and did not see it.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
how many games has he gotten so far this preseason? has he been sent down?

Given the fact Ho Sang has a 6 game suspension, I am guessing he will be with us till the end of camp(by that time Windsor probably will have played all 6 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad