Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
In case you are looking for a game to watch tonight, the All American Prospects Game is on the NHL Network at 7 PM. A first chance to see top prospects Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin.

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The English translation of "Ilya Sorokin" is "Billy Smith".

Or perhaps not. But it could be.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Thanks for the link. That save was amazing.

I was gonna post this, that save just shows what kind of goalie Sorokin is. I figured out who Sorokin reminds me of, he has about 10% Lundquvist (like King Henrik, stays deep in his net), but at least 80% Ryan Miller. Similar style. Excellent stats for Sorokin, 2.07 ga and .941 sp. 4-3-1 record, only won 5 games all year last year in the KHL.

Btw, Nilsson looked pretty good too, do we still own his rights ?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Stats in the KHL are basically meaningless. Sorokin is putting up better stats at 19 than Bobrovsky did at an older age.

Look at how Sorokin plays. Very agile, covers the lower parts of the net well, even when shifting. His style makes me think he can suceed in the NHL.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Stats in the KHL are basically meaningless. Sorokin is putting up better stats at 19 than Bobrovsky did at an older age.

Look at how Sorokin plays. Very agile, covers the lower parts of the net well, even when shifting. His style makes me think he can suceed in the NHL.

Yes, not really worried about the stats so much, like the style. The stats are impressive in that most of the other goalies in the league are at least 5 years older.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005

Wait a minute, so stats in the KHL are meaningless ? So it doesn't matter that Sorokin has better stats at age 19 than Bobrovsky had at an older age ? Or are you saying that even though they are meaningless yet what Sorokin has done is impressive ?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Wait a minute, so stats in the KHL are meaningless ? So it doesn't matter that Sorokin has better stats at age 19 than Bobrovsky had at an older age ? Or are you saying that even though they are meaningless yet what Sorokin has done is impressive ?

I'm saying that even though Sorokin is putting up better stats than Bobrovsky at a younger age, we saw Bobrovsky come to North America and win a Vezina a few years later.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'm saying that even though Sorokin is putting up better stats than Bobrovsky at a younger age, we saw Bobrovsky come to North America and win a Vezina a few years later.

Then that's very encouraging. I believe Bobrovsky also played for the same team in the KHL that Sorokin currently plays for.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Well that was a nice start to the season, I imagine he might start scoring more this season with Milano on the team

Milano didn't play. Still in camp. It was the quietest 4 pt game you could imagine. I don't want to say "anyone could have done it" BUT...... his 'assists' we're merely passes that then turned into extended individual plays that led to goals. His goal was jumping on a loose puck from five feet out and burying it into an open net. The goalie for London (Parsons) is a week removed from being a 16 year old (not draft eligible until 2016) made is ohl debut last night.

But 4 pts is 4 pts I guess. Looks good on the stat sheet.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Sorokin falls to 4-4-1 in a 4-1 loss to Mettalurg MG. Faced 38 shots stopping 34. No shame in this, that team is 1st in their division and 2nd overall in the whole KHL. Held Sorokin's team to only 17 shots. Three of their scorers are in the top 10, and their goalie is 3rd overall in goals against. Would've been very tough to beat that team.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Sorokin falls to 4-4-1 in a 4-1 loss to Mettalurg MG. Faced 38 shots stopping 34. No shame in this, that team is 1st in their division and 2nd overall in the whole KHL. Held Sorokin's team to only 17 shots. Three of their scorers are in the top 10, and their goalie is 3rd overall in goals against. Would've been very tough to beat that team.

Sounds like Sorokin wasn't terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad