Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #3 (2024 Version) - NOTICE: please change your vote to Pickering or Koivunen

Who do you rank as the Penguins #3 Prospect?

• Broz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brunicke

• Howe

• Pieniniemi

• Ponomaryov

• Poulin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good news here, whoever gets #3 - Pickering or Koivunen - the other is practically the automatic #4.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Went with Murashov. Granted it is based on more limited sample size, but he has been impressive in what little I have seen…. Also, Russia has been producing such impressive goaltenders in the past 15ish years…. Hoping he’s the next great one.

Could you change it to one of Pickering or Koivunen?

Good news here, whoever gets #3 - Pickering or Koivunen - the other is practically the automatic #4.

Not necessarily. What if all the people who voted for Pickering vote for Murashov?

• Haha
Reactions: Gurglesons

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Nah. Murashov has the highest potential of the remaining prospects. He's the logical # 4 here after Pickering if you have any mindfulness in your life.
Next poll will be like:

8yrzyc.jpg

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I think Koivunen has the highest ceiling of the remaining players, so I picked him.
The fact that he doesn't have much playing time in North America does give me a bit of pause, so I can see why someone would choose Pickering over him.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I think Koivunen has the highest ceiling of the remaining players, so I picked him.
The fact that he doesn't have much playing time in North America does give me a bit of pause, so I can see why someone would choose Pickering over him.
Highest ceiling and isn't that far away from being ready to find out if he will realize that potential. I like Murashov's potential as well but i think its a longer and more winding road to get there. Pickering's close to Koivunen, but the ceiling is lower. Pickering could wind up as a Dumoulin level player. Koivunen has Guentzel potential.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Highest ceiling and isn't that far away from being ready to find out if he will realize that potential. I like Murashov's potential as well but i think its a longer and more winding road to get there. Pickering's close to Koivunen, but the ceiling is lower. Pickering could wind up as a Dumoulin level player. Koivunen has Guentzel potential.
I like Koivunen but he most certainly does not.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Man, lol.

Koivunen has Puustinen potential.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Koivunen looks like a much more tenacious player than Puusy, he's all gas no brakes. His game seems much better suited for the way the game is evolving.

Reactions: SEALBound

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Koivunen looks like a much more tenacious player than Puusy, he's all gas no brakes. His game seems much better suited for the way the game is evolving.

Go rewatch Puustinen in the Finnish league and in WJC.

Big difference is doing it at AHL / NHL pro-level.

And I'd argue Puustinen's big strength this year was in that realm. He's consistently winning battles.

Reactions: Peat

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
If Koivunen turns into a 40 goal scorer I will pose naked for one of Trouba’s paintings.

If he turns into a 50-60 point winger I’ll be overjoyed.

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Indeed. Puustinen has some speed and skill but nothing earth shattering. Kid needs to get a fire lit under him if he wants to stay with the big boys.

I think if you took Zohorna and cut off 8" and add a dab of skill, you'd get Puustinen. I see both as being a little too passive.

Reactions: DrDangles

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Koivunen has Lehkonen potential if he figures it out & puts it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad