Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #3 (2024 Version) - NOTICE: please change your vote to Pickering or Koivunen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you rank as the Penguins #3 Prospect?

• Broz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brunicke

• Howe

• Pieniniemi

• Ponomaryov

• Poulin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Once again. Look at the league that Koivunen is "dominating".

It's no longer producing NHLers outside of 1st round picks and even then the high end 1st rounders from Finland have largely been disappointments in the last 5-6 years.

It's a veteran laden league for people who can't cut it in the AHL or want to play at home.

Success in the WHL is much more predictive to success in the NHL.

Outside of the 1st round picks since Puustinen's draft year. Puustinen is 3rd in points for Finnish drafted players.
Yeah it’s the same with the KHL with me. One of the stat shot books had a pretty good matrix on how scoring translated from different leagues but things have changed so much it’s hard to equate production.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
The Pens 3rd best prospect is Ilyan, but I had to change my vote to Koivunen when I saw the results.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
May I just say, before we get too far, how nice it is to have a decent crop of prospects to vote on?

Totally new concept for us. Been a fast minute since we've discussed such.
I was just about to say the same, thanks to the Jake trade we at least have Koivunen and Pono that come into the mix here as solid prospects

The Pens 3rd best prospect is Ilyan, but I had to change my vote to Koivunen when I saw the results.
He is definitely the most intriguing one for me that's for sure! Ilyin, Murashov and Swanson will have my attention this upcoming season that's for sure!!

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I was just about to say the same, thanks to the Jake trade we at least have Koivunen and Pono that come into the mix here as solid prospects

He is definitely the most intriguing one for me that's for sure! Ilyin, Murashov and Swanson will have my attention this upcoming season that's for sure!!
I think Murashov has the highest ceiling out of all of them. But time will tell.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I’ve been riding the Murashov hype train for a couple years now. I think he’s legit

Pickering is a lot less intriguing to me now than he was a year ago. His production did not improve upon his d+1 year. And the fact he still hasn’t even gotten close to PPG in junior does not bode well. He drops probably below Koivunen and Ilyn for me.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Went with Murashov. Granted it is based on more limited sample size, but he has been impressive in what little I have seen…. Also, Russia has been producing such impressive goaltenders in the past 15ish years…. Hoping he’s the next great one.

Physical size is a concern in the NHL. But something about the kid gives me the vibes.

It’s gonna be funny when Sid and Malkin retire and we have two star goaltenders in Flower and Murashov not allowing us to tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad