Prospect Info: Prospect Info and Discussion VIII - Future Canes and other Jurcos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Reinforcing that playing the game wrong and intentionally not protecting yourself doesn’t do anyone any good either. The people who commit suicide after violent careers often have cte, but I’ve seen studies that say normal people have cte too? It’s too early to throw blanket statements like hitting people leads to suicide at an early age from brain damage. I agree the evidence is there that it needs to be studied and understood. I also agree that the intentional bad hits needed to go away. I feel lost of them have, so now the eye is upon anyone who throws a generally clean hit on an unsuspecting player (who should be suspecting).

The guys throwing these hits is being treated like they’re Rico Torres. They’re not. Most of these hits people argue about were good intentioned hits that went wrong. 100% good hit expectations require no hitting. That’s where we are headed anyways.

The player here put himself in a vulnerable position. That needs to be just as bad as the hit. It always was before and it’s the part of old school that needs to carry on. Equal parts trying to lay of vulnerable people and people not letting themselves be vulnerable in the first place. Penalize them both. People will lose their minds in the beginning but if we’re going to outlaw hitting then don’t let people get away with showing their numbers like that. Intentional or not.

If you put yourself in a bad position, you're going to get boarded a few times, and eventually injured. So there's some built in disincentive.

And I think you overstate the villainy associated with these guys. Only the worst of the worst get a real rep.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If you put yourself in a bad position, you're going to get boarded a few times, and eventually injured. So there's some built in disincentive.

And I think you overstate the villainy associated with these guys. Only the worst of the worst get a real rep.
The first thing you see when one of these hits on the main board is.....”disgusting”...... “scumbag”..... “intentional and he doesn’t belong in the league”.

I don’t think I overstate it at all. The masses lose their mind with every hit.

There’s not a lot of disincentive. If it happens to you and you get hurt no one says you did it to yourself, they tell you that you were the victim of an awful hit and that he should or will be punished.

How did this conversation start? The guy who roots for the other team coming over here to tell us our prospect is a repeat offender who’s going to get suspended and showing us the video.

This is something I actually care about and during the season will probably get really annoyed. I don’t really care here. It’s juniors. None of it carries over. I hope he keeps hitting and just moves on from this one.

Reactions: DaveG

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
The first thing you see when one of these hits on the main board is.....”disgusting”...... “*******”..... “intentional and he doesn’t belong in the league”.

There’s not a lot of disincentive. If it happens to you and you get hurt no one says you did it to yourself, they tell you that you were the victim of an awful hit and that he should or will be punished.

How did this conversation start? The guy who roots for the other team coming over here to tell us our prospect is a repeat offender who’s going to get suspended and showing us the video.

This is something I actually care about and during the season will probably get really annoyed. I don’t really care here. It’s juniors. None of it carries over. I hope he keeps hitting and just moves on from this one.
Brother in arms.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
This:

Conflicts directly with this:

Hits from behind are dangerous. Hits to the head are dangerous. Some hits are borderline, and most people agree with that in most discussions. I don't think "the masses lose their mind with every hit." No matter what the rule is, there will always be gray area, and the most upset will always be the supporters of the hittee, as in this case.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Greensboro Generals didn't bother hitting, they skipped that part and went straight to the fighting.

And their brethern before them, the Greensboro Monarchs sometimes ordered their fans to fight the opposition. Well maybe not order, but they did it anyways.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014

That boy seems to have very...
ronn-moss-ridge.jpg

... Bold and Beautiful name.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad