Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Hate to be the guy that gives up one Yak.. I truly believe a guy like Draistal will be better than Yak in the future..

Hall-RNH-_______
Perron-Draistal-Eberle

Ekblad-Nurse
Petry-Marincin
Klefbom-J Schultz

If we get a top 6 RW with size that would be huge for us

Do you want to draft McDavid? Because that lineup is how you draft McDavid.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

You know its bad when Ference would have more then double the games played then that the entire d lineup. All I want from MacT this summer is a top 4 dman with over 400 games played and I'd be a happy man.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If the draft stays as it is and Buffalo ends up taking Ekblad and we take Reinhart. Would anyone make this trade?

To NYI: Yakupov+1st 2015

To Edm: Reinhart+1st 2014

Not sure how I feel about so it's probably close. Would like to see us take Ritchie with that 5th pick.

Not sure how I'd feel about this one either.. giving up Yak would be tough but if we walked out with something like Ekblad, G. Reinhart and Draisaitl or Bennett that would be a damn nice haul even if we have to part with a 2015 1st. Heck, the Reinhart bros and Ritchie would probably be even better given our needs..

Not a fan of posting future lineups filled with prospects but for the hell of it..

Hall - Reinhart - Perron
Ritchie - RNH - Eberle

Nurse - Schultz
Reinhart - Klefbom
Marincin - Petry/xxx

or

Hall - Bennett - Perron
xxx - RNH - Eberle

Nurse - Ekblad
Reinhart - Schultz
Marincin - Klefbom

Holy..

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Oh **** I hope not. Not a griffin fan at all. Very overrated.

Fair enough, for some reason I was thinking Griffin was a RHD.

How about we shake up the trade and go after the RHD I was hoping we'd take last year. Yakupov+2015 2nd for Clutterbuck+Pulock+2014 1st? Helps us fill two positional needs in the prospect pool and gives Yak the chance to excel playing next to Tavares. We'd still need to add another two wingers for next years roster but I don't see a top 6 working with Hall-Eberle-Yakupov-Perron being the wingers. Needs more muscle to battle in the corners.

Last edited:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Not sure how I'd feel about this one either.. giving up Yak would be tough but if we walked out with something like Ekblad, G. Reinhart and Draisaitl or Bennett that would be a damn nice haul even if we have to part with a 2015 1st. Heck, the Reinhart bros and Ritchie would probably be even better given our needs..

Not a fan of posting future lineups filled with prospects but for the hell of it..

Hall - Reinhart - Perron
Ritchie - RNH - Eberle

Nurse - Schultz
Reinhart - Klefbom
Marincin - Petry/xxx

or

Hall - Bennett - Perron
xxx - RNH - Eberle

Nurse - Ekblad
Reinhart - Schultz
Marincin - Klefbom

Holy..

Yea, I know right. I think realistically if were trading Yak it's for futures. My guess is the Islanders would trade this years pick if it means they can improve for next year. Your top lineup is closest to what I was thinking.

Hall-Reinhart-Perron
Ritchie-RNH-Eberle

Nurse-Reinhart
Marincin-Schultz
Klefbom-Petry

SterlingArcher

Mar 11, 2013
Yak or Gagner plus for one of the centres on islanders or panthers? Anders lee, brock Nelson,Nick bjugstad, Brandon pirri, ryan strome. I'd love something like that centre with some size and offensive ability. But so does everyone else.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

DEPTH CHART
Taylor Hall (6.0) / Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (6.0) / Jordan Eberle (6.0)
David Perron (3.8) / Martin Hanzal (3.1) / Radim Vrbata (3.5)
Lauri Korpikoski (2.5) / Lars Eller (3.0) / Anton Lander (1.5)
Matt Hendricks (1.9) / Boyd Gordan (3.0) / Tyler Pitlick (900k)
Luke Gazdic (1.0) / Marko Arcobello (600k) / Adam Cracknell (800k)
Roman Horak (700k) / Will Acton (700k) / Steve Pinnizotto (700k)

Andy Greene (3.0) / Justin Schutz (3.5)
Josh Gorges (3.9) / Jeff Petry (3.0)
Martin Marincin (730k) / Andrew Ference (3.3)
Oscar Klefbom (900k) / Philip Larsen (900k)
Brad Hunt (550k) / Taylor Fedun (1.0)

Ben Scrivens (2.3)
Viktor Fasth (2.9)
Laurent Brossoit (650k)

66.5 Total Cap

TRADES
==================
1st (14)
<=>
Martin Hanzal
Lauri Korpikoski
3rd (14)
==================
Sam Gagner
2nd (15)
<=>
Andy Greene
==================
Nail Yakupov
<=>
Lars Eller
Josh Gorges
1st (14)
==================

Last edited:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Code:
Sign Nikitin, Belov, Morrison, Simpson, Ranger, Moss, Smyth. . 
Resign Schultz, Pitlick, Lander, Horak, Gazdic, Miller.
Trade Sam Gagner, Jeff Petry  and shiny coin for Bryan Bickell and Brent Seabrook.

[FIELDSET="Oilers"]Hall-Bennet-Yakupov
Bickell-Hopkins-Eberle
Perron-Gordon-Moss
Hendricks-Lander-Joensuu
(Gazdic, Smyth)

Nurse-Seabrook
Klefbom-Schultz
Nikitin-Ference
(Belov, Ranger)

Scrivens
Fasth[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Barons"]Miller-Horak-Ford
Moroz-Arcobello-Pitlick
Combs-Khaira-Pinizzotto
C.Jones-Ewanyk-K.Jones
(Yakimov, Houck, Kessy, Acton)

Marincin-Gernat
Hunt-Davidson
Simpson-Morrison
(Oesterle, Musil)

Broissoit
Bunz
Tuohimaa[/FIELDSET]

No thanks to Nikitin. He's been surpassed by Nick Schultz in the depth charts at one point.

Chicago doesn't want Gagner. They traded Pirri because he wasn't fast enough or good enough defensively. That's Gagner, except Gagner costs way more money.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
So it's clear then. Yakupov is the odd man out because of this one sophomore season with a terrible team. Ok.

Yeah it gets pretty short sighted in here. Oilers are 2-8-4 with Yak not in lineup he is hardly the one bringing the team down which equated to a 46 point full season.

Last edited:

ElFossum

Nov 19, 2013
Saskatoon SK

DEPTH CHART
Taylor Hall (6.0) / Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (6.0) / Jordan Eberle (6.0)
David Perron (3.8) / Martin Hanzal (3.1) / Radim Vrbata (3.5)
Lauri Korpikoski (2.5) / Lars Eller (3.0) / Anton Lander (1.5)
Matt Hendricks (1.9) / Boyd Gordan (3.0) / Tyler Pitlick (900k)
Luke Gazdic (1.0) / Marko Arcobello (600k) / Adam Cracknell (800k)
Roman Horak (700k) / Will Acton (700k) / Steve Pinnizotto (700k)

Andy Greene (3.0) / Justin Schutz (3.5)
Josh Gorges (3.9) / Jeff Petry (3.0)
Martin Marincin (730k) / Andrew Ference (3.3)
Oscar Klefbom (900k) / Philip Larsen (900k)
Brad Hunt (550k) / Taylor Fedun (1.0)

Ben Scrivens (2.3)
Viktor Fasth (2.9)
Laurent Brossoit (650k)

TRADES
==================
1st (14)
<=>
Martin Hanzal
Lauri Korpikoski
3rd (14)
==================
Sam Gagner
2nd (15)
<=>
Andy Greene
==================
Nail Yakupov
<=>
Lars Eller
Josh Gorges
1st (14)
==================

I.... Dont hate this. Thanks for being realistic man.:yo:

MPStoEberletoHall*

I think it's more that you love the shiny new prospects.. Trading Yak for 4th or 5th overall is a step back and Draisaitl does not have the potential that Yak does.

Lol chill out guys. I was talking about a future lineup with those guys. Not next yr

McDeathbyCheerios*

Arco should be slotted in on the lineup somewhere as he is on a one way deal

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Perron - ???? - ????
???? - Gordon - Arcobello
???? - Hendricks - ????
Gazdic

???? - Schultz
Marincin -????
Ferrence - ????
Fraser

Scrivens
Fasth

Imo this will be the roster opening night, just need to fill in the blanks with trades and free agents

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
No thanks to Nikitin. He's been surpassed by Nick Schultz in the depth charts at one point.

Chicago doesn't want Gagner. They traded Pirri because he wasn't fast enough or good enough defensively. That's Gagner, except Gagner costs way more money.

No no no Nikitin is miles better than nick Schultz and is exactly what we need

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
No no no Nikitin is miles better than nick Schultz and is exactly what we need

Nikitin is far from what we need. He's 6th in TOI/G among Columbus D and 9th in Corsi RelQoC. Last season he was 5th in TOI/G and 5th in Corsi Rel QoC. He puts up around 20 points per season, so he isn't an offensive stalwart. Why, exactly, do we want to sign him? We already have enough bottom-pairing LH options.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nikitin is far from what we need. He's 6th in TOI/G among Columbus D and 9th in Corsi RelQoC. Last season he was 5th in TOI/G and 5th in Corsi Rel QoC. He puts up around 20 points per season, so he isn't an offensive stalwart. Why, exactly, do we want to sign him? We already have enough bottom-pairing LH options.
Exactly. If we are getting bottom pairing guys we need RHD not left. Only LHD we should be going for are top pairing guys

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I wonder if this is the deal they were talking about on the trade deadline episode of Oil Change? It showed them in their meeting room, MacT was discussing a player with Eakins who said he wasn't familiar with the player. MacT chimed in and said something like "neither guy is physical" and "we don't have to do it today, it will still be there in the summer."

Hmmm. Not sure what to think. Bailey is definitely more responsible defensively.

Possibly.

Eakins also said "he certainly moves better" which certainly fits the bill for the small and slow #89...

But Eakin also says "we only have 6 games to go on....I don't know the player". Does that imply the guy has only played 6 NHL games?? If it was Bailey would they not have access to a lot more gametape?

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Bailey and Hall played together before they won the Memorial Cups IIRc....so 1 season out of Halls 3 OHL years...

Did they play on the same line? Is there chemistry there???

The way Hall has been able to elevate his linemates all season might not be the worst thing to stick a 2-way C next to Hall.

Hall-Bailey-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
Bailey and Hall played together before they won the Memorial Cups IIRc....so 1 season out of Halls 3 OHL years...

Did they play on the same line? Is there chemistry there???

The way Hall has been able to elevate his linemates all season might not be the worst thing to stick a 2-way C next to Hall.

Hall-Bailey-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle

Unless Bailey comes seriously cheap, like Pitlick/Lander cheap, I'd rather go for a more proven option.

jmco

Jan 25, 2013
Yea, I know right. I think realistically if were trading Yak it's for futures. My guess is the Islanders would trade this years pick if it means they can improve for next year. Your top lineup is closest to what I was thinking.

Hall-Reinhart-Perron
Ritchie-RNH-Eberle

Nurse-Reinhart
Marincin-Schultz
Klefbom-Petry

The islanders don't have this years pick, they conditionally traded it to buffalo for Vanek. I believe the condition was lottery protection of the pick so NYI has the option to defer to next year. Regardless of what NYI decides I can't see NYI passing up on 2 first rounds picks in back to back years.

New York Islanders have acquired forward Thomas Vanek from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for forward Matt Moulson, a conditional first round draft pick in 2014 and a 2015 second round pick.

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
The islanders don't have this years pick, they conditionally traded it to buffalo for Vanek. I believe the condition was lottery protection of the pick so NYI has the option to defer to next year. Regardless of what NYI decides I can't see NYI passing up on 2 first rounds picks in back to back years.

New York Islanders have acquired forward Thomas Vanek from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for forward Matt Moulson, a conditional first round draft pick in 2014 and a 2015 second round pick.

That's certainly true, but acquiring Yakupov for the pick isn't far off from having a 1st rounder anyways. I don't think that I would make that trade from an Oilers perspective, given that trading Yak for futures would just mean more growing pains, but I can see how it could make sense for the Islanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad