News Article: Pronman has Rangers org ranked #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Since we drafted Kravtsov things have shaken out a lot better on the wings than I would have ever expected. The Panarin signing---the lottery wins of Kakko and Lafreniere. Before all that happened Kravtsov was the legitimate heir to a top 6 scoring wing spot and now not so much. With Kreider and Panarin signed long term and Buchnevich making improvement year to year and with Kakko and Lafreniere there are a lot of players in his way and who are ready more than he is.

Kravtsov at 6'4 needs to be at least 200 lbs. The bigger he gets without losing mobility the better. That's one thing he will need to do to put himself back in the picture. He will also need to have good seasons whether they're in the KHL or AHL.

After Kakko and Chytil--Howden is the youngest player on our roster. He's even younger than Fox and Lindgren. Brett is also a bit underweight and weak for his frame....and Kakko is the same. Development isn't just the mental, technical and skill sides of the game--development is also moving and coming into your physical prime. Most of the young Rangers aren't there yet.

The most important factor in all of this.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Well people are penciling him as a top 5 center in the league already, and he's never even hit a P/PG yet, outscored on his own team by Bozo Miller this year. And this is on a team that plays an offensive game, has a deadly PP (which he is a big part of) and had the most PP opportunities in the NHL besides Colorado. If he's so great why isn't his production better? I mean, yeah, he projects as a star in the coming years but people are getting way ahead.

At 21, he has 132 points in 139 games. Yeah, overhyped. Unbelievable.

i thought EP looked great often in summer playoffs.
Hoping Krav can be a more imposing but similar contributor

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I tend to agree with Pronman that I don’t think miller will put up big points but to me it is VERY clear he is going to be an impact dman. His gaps and first pass are top notch. His size skating and strength are elite. And as he matures he will get better and better defensively. His stop starts for a big man are eye popping. He’s at LEAST going to be a top 4 dman. That’s where my issue is with the write up on him.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
WAS 1 slot not even considering 1sr overall this year ?
correct. this was not taking into account 1st overall. He wrote that he will do an update after the draft as well as there could be alot of shuffling.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
i thought EP looked great often in summer playoffs.
Hoping Krav can be a more imposing but similar contributor

Hope springs eternal.

If Kravtsov produces at Petterson's level, I will be happy, but shocked.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Hope springs eternal.
If Kravtsov produces at Petterson's level, I will be happy, but shocked.

till he shows he can't,
it's no different than the high K'Andre expectations here
VK had an exceptional D+1 season

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
While I appreciate the ranking, I don’t think Pronman knows his stuff.

Howden at 5?
Lindgren at 12?
Kjellberg has a chance at the NHL?

Some strange assessments...

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Im not even a huge K'Andre proponent like some Rangers fans, but the fact that he had him as "Legit NHLer", which I've learned from reading all the teams rankings, in Pronman-speak means dime-a-dozen b-grade prospect. I thought Miller had a little more upside than that.
Miller had a disappointing season but the rave reviews in camp have me a bit hopeful that he's back on the right track to being at least a good NHL defenceman.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Miller had a disappointing season but the rave reviews in camp have me a bit hopeful that he's back on the right track to being at least a good NHL defenceman.

a lot of that had to do with the Wisconsin coaching I hate to say. They were a mess. They had him playing the wing on the powerplay just multiple top prospects struggled there last season. Weird decisions galore. I couldn’t wait for him to get out of there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
While I appreciate the ranking, I don’t think Pronman knows his stuff.

Howden at 5?
Lindgren at 12?
Kjellberg has a chance at the NHL?

Some strange assessments...

His grades are worse.

I appreciate his hustle, but his talent evaluation skills are horrible.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
How often does the site write about the Rangers? I’m curious if I should subscribe. I only care about Rangers info and not nhl wide info.

Easily my favorite Rangers content on the web. I should say that I was a follower/big fan of carp at the lohud blog before he got axed so I'm a bit biased there. Shayna Goldman writes fancy stats articles that are Rangers focused once or twice a week as well. BSB podcast is my favorite out there(tho it's available for free elsewhere) they get a lot of great guests because of their affiliation with The Athletic. During the season carp posts an article nearly every day. Aside from Rangers centric stuff the site has the best hockey coverage bar none. I started out just for carp but branched out with everything else available. They of course have all other sports as well as an added bonus.

There's a special running right now that I just resubbed with, $1 a month for 6 months. Usually they have an annual deal that's like 25-30 for an entire year.

MadHookUp

Jul 24, 2005
Easily my favorite Rangers content on the web. I should say that I was a follower/big fan of carp at the lohud blog before he got axed so I'm a bit biased there. Shayna Goldman writes fancy stats articles that are Rangers focused once or twice a week as well. BSB podcast is my favorite out there(tho it's available for free elsewhere) they get a lot of great guests because of their affiliation with The Athletic. During the season carp posts an article nearly every day. Aside from Rangers centric stuff the site has the best hockey coverage bar none. I started out just for carp but branched out with everything else available. They of course have all other sports as well as an added bonus.

There's a special running right now that I just resubbed with, $1 a month for 6 months. Usually they have an annual deal that's like 25-30 for an entire year.

I have to echo a lot of this. Personally I like Brooks and Mercogliano more than Carp. But the amount of amazing stories and articles written about the NHL is fantastic. I am pretty much a 1 sport fan, but started to follow the Giants a bit more because of their rebuild. And I think the cost of the Athletic is worth it just for NHL content.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Im not even a huge K'Andre proponent like some Rangers fans, but the fact that he had him as "Legit NHLer", which I've learned from reading all the teams rankings, in Pronman-speak means dime-a-dozen b-grade prospect. I thought Miller had a little more upside than that.

He does. If anything, Miller is all about upside, since he's still so raw.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
In regards to Pronman being "the best in the business", there are plenty of propsect watchers in whom I put more faith, (and there are quite a few on this board.) Shane Malloy does a regular show on NHL Network Radio, and he's far more credible IMO than Pronman. And, Mark Peterson who runs Hockey Prospects (?) is someone who keyed me into Kravtsov, Miller and Lundkvist leading up to the 2018 draft, so I have more faith in him. I will also reiterate that Pronman didn't think much of either Kreider or JT Miller, so, like I said, I take him with a grain of salt.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He does. If anything, Miller is all about upside, since he's still so raw.

Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with a lot of Pronman's takes on this one.

Miller is a pretty unique combination that is all about upside and putting the pieces together. He's an elite athlete who has a lot of attributes that you don't normally see in the same package.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
In regards to Pronman being "the best in the business", there are plenty of propsect watchers in whom I put more faith, (and there are quite a few on this board.) Shane Malloy does a regular show on NHL Network Radio, and he's far more credible IMO than Pronman. And, Mark Peterson who runs Hockey Prospects (?) is someone who keyed me into Kravtsov, Miller and Lundkvist leading up to the 2018 draft, so I have more faith in him. I will also reiterate that Pronman didn't think much of either Kreider or JT Miller, so, like I said, I take him with a grain of salt.

I'm not here to knock anyone. But I think there are people out there who have done a very good job of marketing and positioning themselves as experts. And in a day in age where you can build a large following in a smaller amount of time than it takes to actually verify the accuracy of claims and content, it's very easy to land yourself a spot or time on camera without actually having the best material to share.

I make it a point not to regularly look at other people's content, mainly because it could bleed into my own interpretations and get me in a "group think" mode. But from what I have seen, when it comes to prospect evaluations, there's not a hell of a lot of difference out there between what you can find for free and what can have to pay for.

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'm not here to knock anyone. But I think there are people out there who have done a very good job of marketing and positioning themselves as experts. And in a day in age where you can build a large following in a smaller amount of time than it takes to actually verify the accuracy of claims and content, it's very easy to land yourself a spot or time on camera without actually having the best material to share.

I make it a point not to regularly look at other people's content, mainly because it could plead into my own interpretations and get me in a "group think" mode. But from what I have seen, when it comes to prospect evaluations there's not a hell of a lot of difference out there between what you can find for free and what can have to pay for.

Like I said in a previous post, there are posters on this site, (yourself included), in whom I put a lot more faith than many of the "experts". I don't have the time nor the patience to sit and watch every single player available for every draft, so I appreciate those who can make the effort. So, much of my opinions are indeed second hand. But, I also know what I like to see in players, so when someone keys me into a player, I will try to get a deeper feel for what I'm watching. Then again, I don't expect people to use my opinions as the go-to for what to expect out of potential draft picks.

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Almost no one here lamented when JT Miller left the Rangers and we saw him way more than Pronman saw him before the NHL. Not defending Pronman. Don't care one way or the other.

Point being what anyone thinks about any player is not a fair way to judge their judgments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad