Pro Tank Thread "You said that we'd be better now, better now. But you always let us down."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
You're more than welcome to your opinion. It's just that constant attacks on y2k in the one thread set aside specifically for tanking gets very tiresome. We've seen more No True Scotsman speeches that we can count, and they didn't make any more impact last year than they will this year. If that poster's conduct here offends you, feel free to push a little button on your screen and never see his posts again.

I'm suggesting that seeing as how nothing worthwhile developed from the outer reaches of those draft years for us I doubt that much will emerge from 2017 or 18 either. I'm not doing Monday morning QB, I'm saying: what have we got from the draft? You know, this supposedly great drafting GM? What's he really done?

2014 we've got Virtanen and maybe a goalie. Maybe.

2015 we've got Boeser and...what? Three guys still in Utica. Gaudette's the only one I really hold out hope for as being NHL talent, and that's as a 3rd or 4th line guy. Brisebois and Jasek are on developmental curves so slight they're basically flatlines.

2016. Juolevi's in Utica and not exactly setting the world on fire. Passed like standing still by the rest of the dmen in his draft class. Lockwood's had...how many shoulder surgeries now? Everyone else gone. Nobody else re-upped.

Part of the reason why the prospect pool has talent in it is because those prospects are generally staying prospects and not graduating to the NHL level. What, you still excited to see Jasek, Brisebois or Chatfield? You'd be seeing them already if they were really worth getting excited over.

Why would I put someone on "ignore"? That's both childish and being closed minded. The other poster makes some good points, I'm certainly on the same page with some of it, but pointing out a tone or other aspects of a post and posting style isn't attacking him and it certainly isn't constant.

With respect to the drafting and prospect pool, you're pretty much echoing what I've been saying. Some will and most won't pan out but there hasn't been a ton of players emerge from those drafts for other teams that you can point to as massive misses, at least not yet anyway. And you're already passing judgement on 2017 and 2018?

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
I think you were misjudging two complete different things: the fact that you are cheering for your young players and the fact that every loss gives you a better chance of getting a player that can impact the franchise positively in the next few years. People seem to forget that piling losses was the main point of getting Pettersson. If you have Pettersson right now, for example, it is because you sucked. A lot. And why do you want Benning to get canned? Because he bocthed 3 out of 4 high picks (you can't say for sure that Hughes will be a top 2 D, even if he projects as such)

No. Boeser was the main reason that Benning was "saved". But he promised the owners (at least, by his own admission) that this team would get better. If we fall out of the playoff picture, someone will get canned. I can point out to some remarks by Aquamen:

«At previous training camps, you could quickly spot 12 or 15 players who looked out of place, couldn't play at a high level. This year at Whistler there's not one. Jim and Travis are going to have some tough decisions. A good problem !»

I can point out to the letter to season ticket holders about the "new exciting era" and "the progress" that is expected of this group. We are expecting something out of this group. If they fail to have some progression, and we are the worst team in the league in the last 3 years, someone will get axed.

About the losses: do you want a good era for the Canucks or a good era for the Benning fan club? Answer this and probably your opinion will change.

I'm not in "the Benning fan club", what an idiotic comment that is. Talk about misjudging.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
No, I saw it on Ebay. Hold on I'll look it up. Ah, there it is.

dabY2YB.png

I need this book

like...right f***ing now.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I seriously believe some guys here who would even fail the common "are you a human or bot" test where you have to answer what "2+2" equals to.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hopefully another big loss tonight. Our backup goalie is in. Would be nice to see him get lit up like a Christmas tree. Would also be nice to see the other teams goalie shut us down for once.

7-0 Tampa. Let’s go!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hopefully another big loss tonight. Our backup goalie is in. Would be nice to see him get lit up like a Christmas tree. Would also be nice to see the other teams goalie shut us down for once.

7-0 Tampa. Let’s go!

Our small three (EP BH and BB) should be able to sneak in a goal or two.

But it shouldn't take a Herculean effort on Tampa's part to have their forwards punch our defense in the balls hard enough to leave a mushroom-cloud-shaped hole on the brick wall behind them.

Probably not 7 goals, but a 4 or 5 to 2 seems quite realistic.

Think of it this way, if we win, we have a legit reason to taunt the other team: you pathetic f***s can't even beat a a team that's barely AHL worthy.

If we lose, hail ze tank!

Reactions: y2kcanucks

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Tampa’s PP really ****ting the bed

Tampa looking out of sync in their first two games. They only play 3 in the first 2 weeks of the season and I think that's a really big disadvantage. Just not getting into a nice rhythm.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Oops Petterson ties it.

This one is on Tampa though, they should be embarrassed.

Edit:

Oops Boeser.

Tampa what are you doing....

Reactions: valkynax

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Oops Petterson ties it.

This one is on Tampa though, they should be embarrassed.

The fact that they were able to score only one goal in almost 2 and half period against a defense corps like ours is embarrassing in its own.

A~nd there's BB6 lmao

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
We really need to lose a bunch of games early for everyones sake. Tampa should be embarassed.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
I'm not in "the Benning fan club", what an idiotic comment that is. Talk about misjudging.
Well, you didn't understand mine because I didn't say you were a part of that club, I only said that with that stance, the Benning fan club is happy. The reaction, though, was priceless and completely predictable. I love when people have their arguments dismantled , they start to just insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad