Seravalli: Price of Brandon Hagel “ 1st, Top Prospect + Another Asset”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
are leaf fans salty they can't get hagel for a 2nd like they were all dreaming :laugh:

whenever hagel comes up or leaf fans bring him up they act like a 2nd is more than fair for him. that's what I'm talking about.

sure he won't get 1st + top prospect but he'll easily get a 1st + prospect
What are you talking about ? Lmfao, most of us much like the rest of this thread had no clue who the hell this Hagel guy even is.

Not sure what universe you're living in, I've literally never seen Hagels name brought up anywhere until just now

Reactions: TML1990 and JohnnyO

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't blame Chicago for wanting to move him, but this is the type of deal that doesn't make much sense. Are any teams out there in the position to not only pay the perceived overpay price that Tampa Bay paid for Coleman back in the day, but to add significantly on top of it? Seems like an odd amount to me.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I think some people in this thread don't know who the guy is...he's basically the ideal third liner for any contender looking to fill out their forward group. He's built on last year well offensively. And he's just 23 and signed for 2.5 more years at 1.5 million, which, given the cap situation most contenders are in right now with the flat cap, is invaluable. And when it expires, he'll still be an RFA. So yeah, the ask is obviously a 1st+

He's the sort of guy every contender wants...and he's pacing for ~25 goals and ~50 points. Considering he's 23 and they have zero pressing incentive to move him, Chicago can obviously ask for whatever they want. Contenders have probably have come offering a 1st+, because why wouldn't they, so Chicago will ask for the + to be a top prospect. If they're willing to move Hagel, they'll quibble and negotiate down over what constitutes a top prospect.

Doesn't seem that surprising to me...

Read these if you're confused about the ask.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Why even entertain trading him unless it's an overpayment?

He's only in his second season in the NHL and has been improving the entire time.
23 years old, scores, hits, high energy guy, kills penalties, signed for two additional seasons at $1.5M
A late 1st won't replace that.

Reactions: Pertti

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
What are you talking about ? Lmfao, most of us much like the rest of this thread had no clue who the hell this Hagel guy even is.

Not sure what universe you're living in, I've literally never seen Hagels name brought up anywhere until just now

just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been brought up.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Dominik Kahun put up similar numbers for Chicago/Pittsburgh can you imagine how dumb a gm would look right now if they gave up what is being ask right now for that player who isn't even in the league anymore.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Just because you haven't watched this shit Hawks team/organization doesn't mean that Brandon Hagel isn't a good player. He is making peanuts, with term, and on pace for 50 points and 25 goals. He doesn't have a lot of powerplay time. He is a dogged forechecker and plays hard every single night. That is a steep ask, in writing, but he is absolutely a winner in todays NHL.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Why would you not want to trade for him if you think he's that good ? lmao

Just because a player is good doesn't mean every team needs them. lol use some common sense.

I'm taking about hagels value where you think he won't get any one of those pieces. Why do you keep deflecting and changing the subject?

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Sabres drafted this guy in 2016 in the 6th round but never qualified him, and they relinquished his rights. Another brilliant move by Botteril.
In Botts' defense, no one could tell back then that he'd be a shoo-in first ballot hall-of-famer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad