Seravalli: Price of Brandon Hagel “ 1st, Top Prospect + Another Asset”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
is this an episode of PUNKED? the kid has 26 pts

Look at how much players with 26 points cost across the league (and how many of them play for Vancouver is just weird). If you think his point production is legit (and that's a biiiiiiiiiiig if, of course), that money is valuable as hell. You're talking about guys like Boeser who could make 7.5M next year. Garland at 5. Andreas Johnsson the bargain at 3.5. Eberle at 5.5. Saad at 4.5.

Plus, lets be real, he's not going to to a bad team if traded. That first pick isn't really a super premium asset. I don't know...I kind of get it. The Coleman trade sets a similar market and he's younger, better contract. I suppose it really depends on what that other asset is.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
price is high but people clearly don't know who hagel is.

he has 26 points in 43 games while being physical and making 1.5 m for the next 2 years. he won't get this price but he will easily get 1st+.

he's not going to come cheap like a lot of people think (especially the fanbase that thinks he'll cost a 2nd and a depth d-man)

Reactions: BKarchitect

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think "Top Prospect" means the A-tier sort of prospects in the league. More like the solid B prospect sorts around the league and honestly I think thats a fair price.

Hagel is this years Coleman for sure. Phenomenal energy guy, can play up and down your lineup, scores goals and adds value in a bunch of different ways. The type of guy any playoff team will want. But most importantly of all, he's signed for this year and 2 more years at a ridiculously low $1.5M. So for a playoff contender right now you're getting a Top 9 player that does everything for 3 playoff runs at probably 1/3 of his market value.

If Colorado wasn't so heavily rumored on Giroux, I would happily move our 2023 1st+ to get Hagel.

Honestly what I'm more shocked about with this news is that Chicago is actually considering trading him. If they're a team that wants to be contenders again soon(Which one can only assume was the point of the Seth Jones trade) then what the hell are they thinking moving such a fantastic value contract?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Coleman was regarded as a better goal scorer and defensive player if I recall, but a late 1st + still seems fair for Hagel.

I suppose the real issue is what kind of work the word "Top" is doing in that proposal.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He is cost controlled at a bargain for 1.5M/year for two more seasons after this one, and an excellent player. Why wouldn't it be a 1st round pick at minimum? If you're a contender with a hole in your middle 6 forwards, you jump on that.
Top prospect is the confusing part.

I could see first+something else for him.

Maybe top prospect means something else>

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’d pay 1st + solid prospect. I think the ask is a little high. But makes sense if there’s no incentive to move him

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’d pay 1st + solid prospect. I think the ask is a little high. But makes sense if there’s no incentive to move him

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I'm not sure what you are talking about

whenever hagel comes up or leaf fans bring him up they act like a 2nd is more than fair for him. that's what I'm talking about.

sure he won't get 1st + top prospect but he'll easily get a 1st + prospect

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
He's someone I was hoping the Rangers were interested in. I don't think the asking price is terribly out of line but I guess it all depends on your definition of top prospect. Would something like 1st+Kravtsov+3rd or something equivalent be enough?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
whenever hagel comes up or leaf fans bring him up they act like a 2nd is more than fair for him. that's what I'm talking about.

sure he won't get 1st + top prospect but he'll easily get a 1st + prospect

I can honestly say I have never seen that

Reactions: TML1990

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad