GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I don't think it works like that. You only get LTIR savings if the player doesn't return until after the regular season.
The Kings got LTIR savings last year from Arvidsson being on LTIR and he returned with a couple of months left.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
The Kings got LTIR savings last year from Arvidsson being on LTIR and he returned with a couple of months left.

Last season the Kings opened the season with limited cap space and were only able to carry 21 players.

With Arvidsson on LTIR the Kings were able to carry more than one extra player.

This season the Kings are already capable of carrying 23 players.

The LTIR "bonus" would theoretically allow them to acquire a high priced player BUT once Doughty returned they would need to become cap compliant again which would result in them needing to trade other players in order to compensate for the extra salary.

The "bonus" teams earn when their player is out until the playoffs is that they never need to have that compliance balancing.

If Stone misses the entire season and they bring in another high priced player they can play both of them in the playoffs and sort out the cap discrepancies in the off-season.

The potential value the Kings will actually be able to see from LTIR won't be clear until we know how long Doughty may be out for.

If his return will be during the season it would be difficult to utilize the LTIR benefit gained from his contract. If his return will not be during the season the challenge would be finding players with a high on ice value but low acquisition cost.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What’s wrong with giving an educated opinion? It’s nice to have medical professionals try to break down for someone like me who doesn’t know what I’m looking at. You’re reading too much into the intent.
Just for added context, here's one of the accounts I follow. This is an ER doctor clearly giving his opinion but he breaks it down, gives clear description of what's happening to the body, and explains the injuries he thinks occurred:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

• While on LTIR, Cap Space is no longer accrued, meaning any portion of the LTIR pool not used cannot be used later.
  • When a player comes off LTIR, the team’s annual cap hit for that day must be under the Cap

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall the Kings getting any savings some RV being on LTIR. If they did, you'd think they would've had cap space at the deadline to make a move.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Is this part of the LTIR rule new?

• To qualify for LTIR, a player must be expected to miss at least 10 NHL Games AND 24 days of the NHL season

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If Stone misses the entire season and they bring in another high priced player they can play both of them in the playoffs and sort out the cap discrepancies in the off-season.

The potential value the Kings will actually be able to see from LTIR won't be clear until we know how long Doughty may be out for.

If his return will be during the season it would be difficult to utilize the LTIR benefit gained from his contract. If his return will not be during the season the challenge would be finding players with a high on ice value but low acquisition cost.
This should say when Stone misses the entire season...

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
didnt Kucherov do it too?
Yes but with Stone is as annual as a furniture store's going out of business sale
Mark Stone's wife posing with a fan wearing a No. 61 LTIR jersey

1727405793228.png

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Hiller . Blake and possibly higher in the food chain's necks may be on the line.

Clarke may see time on PP1 but will be sheltered in some sitchys.

Even 5 on 5 , Brough and Clarke may switch pairs depending.

Gav - Spen

Anderson - Clarke

Edmo - Brough

Movie

A little weird to see Mikey down on third pair but I get the continuity approach with Clarke and Edmundson

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I feel like the lack of Doughty news means they are looking for second opinions. Probably not good news.

Bro lets take slow measured approach for every step.

You want a not 100% DewD for the regular season or 100 % + LTIR bonus at the start of the playoffs?

It's called getting Stone.

And blowing smoke at the 15 other playoff teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad