GDT: Preseason Games 2 & 3, Oilers Flames in a Double header beer leaguer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I’m so glad we can make a decision on a guy after a few minutes of preseason. I’m not saying he isn’t bad but perhaps we could slow the roll just a little bit? Or is it necessary for us to have this decision made tonight?
To be fair he isn’t some unknown player, this is who he has been for almost 300 games.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The 2 most recent goals against he failed to stop a cross crease pass taking neither puck nor man and the other goal a loose puck was there for the taking in a danger area and he was slow reacting allowing for an easy puck retrieval directly into a high quality scoring chance.
Hopefully he cleans some of that up after getting going. Not the first time that a vet struggles in preseason.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The three years still makes no sense, Bryan. Usually those guys get 1. 3 years is for those you need to add years to make sure he signs with your club.
It does if you want them to clear. 1 year and someone might claim him. 2 years a little less of a chance. 3 years very unlikely.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Only guy that should be upset with Brown getting 3 years is Katz. For everyone else it couldn’t possibly be less relevant.

Reactions: sepHF

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
BAD84CEF-E5F3-4179-8912-5D2E03D09D8F.gif

German music night tonight.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
So to no one's surprise, you can't expect fringe defensemen to take a regular role in today's NHL.

I still chuckle when I recall Bob Stauffer trying to hype up the Josh Brown signing, as if it was ever remotely noteworthy. He should be a fine fit as a veteran defenseman in Bakersfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad