Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #9 wasn’t a very good one

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Cup contenders with an Ahl level defence 🙄
Absolute garbage level display tonight , atleast it’s game 1 , hopefully Holland was awake late enough too realize this

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
He’s even better than Tippett at putting McDrai together at the first sign of trouble.
Like shit, how has he STILL not realized that sure they score more together but the also allow way more goals against than apart.
And literally the only message it sends the team is “oh we are losing, partially because our top guys refuse to defend? Well you all suck so I willl try and get them to save us”.
It’s a freaking team sport Woody this isn’t basketball. Nurse ain’t good enough for that either.
Game 1 and the tool is loading up McDrai already in the 2nd period. Maybe a shift in the first, I forget what with all the flashing goal lights and "Don't you forget about me"

Simple minds. Thats somehow apt.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
jfc try watching or paying attention.

Look at the long list of players holland has brought in.

Kane, Hyman, Janmark, Ryan, Ekholm, Brown, Gagner, etc. Its the trouble with Holland clubs they age a lot quicker than other clubs because all he gets in is old. Not every player you bring in should be old.

Theres hardly any jump, speed, battle in this lineup outside the stars.

Hockey is largely a speed physical game. you gotta have that through the lineup. Janmark and Ryan looked ancient today. Even Kane, Hyman, Nuge.
The forwards arent this teams problem.
Its the defence and likely the goaltending.

Contenders are built from the back end.
Holland has done this upside down.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Good thing if one of our players is embarrassed.

Looks like maybe the club looked at SC favorite press clippings a bit much. Its a question I ask a lot how can team thats never won anything be this arrogant. They actually expected an easy result tonight. They lost the battle for 3 periods.

I actually wouldn’t be shocked if he was the only one. Most of the team seems to act like their shit doesn’t stink.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The dark truth I've been saying since forever is this team is lacking depth and goaltending. They've been propped up by 2 elite players and an amazing powerplay. Players like Hyman and Kane have lost their luster. Also that Nurse contract is gonna hold this team back big time.

When I see teams like the Bruins play, it's amazing how hard the whole team works every night. I just can't believe the media considers this team to be on the same level as them.
This isn’t dark truth- it’s facts. Holland hasn’t had a bottom 6 with a higher gf% than Chiarelli at the time of his firing until last year.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The dark truth I've been saying since forever is this team is lacking depth and goaltending. They've been propped up by 2 elite players and an amazing powerplay. Players like Hyman and Kane have lost their luster. Also that Nurse contract is gonna hold this team back big time.

When I see teams like the Bruins play, it's amazing how hard the whole team works every night. I just can't believe the media considers this team to be on the same level as them.
nah, this team has the pieces IMO...we saw it last year FFS with essentially the same roster

this team lacks legit leadership sometimes, they yap and yap all summer about the loss against Vegas and how it stings so much and you'd have thought they would have come out like gang busters but instead looked like an AHL team

hopefully this loss wakes them the f*** up

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
You’re right, they just lost a lot instead.

I mean... This team looks like it's going to lose a lot.

Out worked. Out skilled. Out hit. Out chanced. Out disciplined. Just giving pathetic effort.

Against a club that didn't improve in the off-season and didn't sniff a playoff spot last year. That's about as pathetic as it gets.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Don't think anyone really expected this. I'm thinking they'll come back hard Saturday night, but even a win Saturday isn't going to alleviate my fears.

This team is mentally weak. They cannot find and bring their A game until a measure of guilt is present. It's not a skill issue. It's not a choice.. they don't just sit there and think.. f*** boys let's give them the first one. I don't honestly know why. But it's there. They can't buy in and turn their give a shit ometer up to top tier level until they've done something bad and have to make up for it.

They have to lose before they can win. It will work in the regular season. They're too talented not to make the playoffs. But when shit gets real and they run up against a team that's on their level. The first one's free will come in and bite them in the ass again. Because eventually they'll run up against a team they can't beat after giving away a freebee.

They want' to win, but unfortunately they can't until they take a punch first.
Well put.

It's actually astounding that in a lot of games they have to be in pain first in order to react.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Good news is the press probably won't be singing our praises anymore.

Teams with Gagner Nilsson and Cogliano playing over 20 minutes a night didn't lose this hard.

f***ing unreal.
The team will get better. I mean thats guaranteed they can't be this bad. But its a flawed lineup lacking jam. Jam comes from hustling younger or mid age players. It doesn't always come from a pack of 30yr olds having to play huge minutes.

The bottomsix is horrid. Actually we don't even have one with dressing 11-6. Another season of doubleshifting McDrai and hoping for the best.

Good luck with the pk too. Kept hearing Brown was excellent pk.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Way overpaid but there's lots of that in today's NHL.
Its hurts this team immensely though because they have no cap space. Its probably $2M too much. Money that could be could have used for another higher quality dman instead of trying to patch things together by forcing 3 or 4 dmen to play above their pay grade.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean... This team looks like it's going to lose a lot.

Out worked. Out skilled. Out hit. Out chanced. Out disciplined. Just giving pathetic effort.

Against a club that didn't improve in the off-season and didn't sniff a playoff spot last year. That's about as pathetic as it gets.
We beat the defending Cup champ Hawks 9-2 once. They turned out okay.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
nah, this team has the pieces IMO...we saw it last year FFS with essentially the same roster

this team lacks legit leadership sometimes, they yap and yap all summer about the loss against Vegas and how it stings so much and you'd have thought they would have come out like gang busters but instead looked like an AHL team

hopefully this loss wakes them the f*** up

This team had almost 300 points from McDavid+Drai. The team still doesn’t have a bottom 6, goaltending, or defense

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The team will get better. I mean thats guaranteed they can't be this bad. But its a flawed lineup lacking jam. Jam comes from hustling younger or mid age players. It doesn't always come from a pack of 30yr olds having to play huge minutes.

The bottomsix is horrid. Actually we don't even have one with dressing 11-6. Another season of doubleshifting McDrai and hoping for the best.

Good luck with the pk too. Kept hearing Brown was excellent pk.

Lol 10-6 now with the Halloway injury.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Well, I’m sure glad I wasn’t able to wake up early here in Switzerland to watch this one. Woof.
Try getting one of those “Molson goal” cups that light up when your team scores. One problem though is Hyman will keep setting it off with goals that get overturned upon review.
Its lack of action would have let you know to get your beauty sleep lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad