Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #9 wasn’t a very good one

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just goes to show all the off season talk was, as per usual, empty platitudes and a whole lotta hot air. They're prepping their hang dog, glum expressions and talking about being better... not a damn thing changed with their mentality, to a man.

No accountability from that room, coach on down.

It's almost as if having massive weaknesses in defence and goaltending and then doing nothing to address those issues and instead fixating on ... Connor Brown, a guy who hasn't played in a year wasn't the smartest off-season strategy.

Also, can Woodcroft actually coach defense at the NHL level?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I read somewhere that maybe going with the whole “cup or bust” narrative was a bad idea considering our suspect defence core and goaltenders have not proven otherwise and we are just going off vibes

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
This is the worst coaching and schemes and gameplan I've seen since Eakins.

its not even remotely evident the team knows what to do. Its not evident we even have coaches and work schemes.

That said what a slow ass team. Its like I said for months. You can't just keep getting older players. Suddenly your team is going to be looking old, slow, and not have much jam.

Wheres the energy players? Wheres the jump and speed.
Woodcroft never has the team ready to go...never

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
So much for planning the cup parade before the season even started. Hopefully, the early embarrassment will do them good.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
These country club losers don’t deserve Ekholm. He must have been embarrassed watching them tonight

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I read somewhere that maybe going with the whole “cup or bust” narrative was a bad idea considering our suspect defence core and goaltenders have not proven otherwise and we are just going off vibes

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.
I just don’t understand the coaching decision to try and change the D system to one that tries to make our d play to their weaknesses

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Shit effort right from the outset of the game, they were still playing at a preseason pace. Didn't even matter which goaltender started, you don't win games getting owned on defense all night like that.

Hopefully they shake out the delusions of grandeur that all the predictions they would win the cup instilled in them over the last few weeks and show up to play next game.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nurse looks really annoyed when Ekholm was brought up as being “missed” tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad