GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
FFS Sklnner is exhibit A of a player that has never been in playoffs and is the type of player that contributes to teams he's been on not making playoffs. I'm a purist. Its predictable I wouldn't want Jeff Skinner anywhere around here.

Every coach Skinner has ever had has problems with his play. I wonder why.

Never been a fan of his.

ohhhhh boyyyy white smoke flows from the chimney, Replac...I mean Drivesaitl has picked his annual whipping boy. Rejoice! Rejoice!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
ohhhhh boyyyy white smoke flows from the chimney, Replac...I mean Drivesaitl has picked his annual whipping boy. Rejoice! Rejoice!
lol jeff Skinner was the whipping boy contract of the entire NHL for awhile. At least we don't get him at his huge contractual price. Team is in a win situation. Skinner is a player that has been selfish and one dimenstional his entire career. He's not even doing that here thus far. Can't stand the guy. lol

My last whipping boys were Yamamoto and Connor Brown. Unfortunately wasn't wrong on either. But yeah, Skinner better perform, I'll have the whip out.

jk aside what coach has ever liked Jeff Skinners play. Serious question.

Scary thought. Now when I say f*** Skinner its in stereo.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
lol jeff Skinner was the whipping boy contract of the entire NHL for awhile. At least we don't get him at his huge contractual price. Team is in a win situation. Skinner is a player that has been selfish and one dimenstional his entire career. He's not even doing that here thus far. Can't stand the guy. lol

My last whipping boys were Yamamoto and Connor Brown. Unfortunately wasn't wrong on either. But yeah, Skinner better perform, I'll have the whip out.

lol this post is so bad.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

Connor brown was pretty important against Florida

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

I wanted them to match Holloway. In 38 games last year Holloway had more hits (91) than Skinner in almost 4 seasons combined (96).

Reactions: Drivesaitl

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Keep the Drai line together. Did the organization not see this coming? Chemistry doesn’t happen without working together. Game six and they finally play together. By now JSkinner should have seen shifts with Drai and with McD. Maybe they’ll figure it out before we’re 2-9-1 like last year.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
JSkinner should play the last 2 games.. his play has given hope to guys like Podkolzin, Janmark and even Lavoie etc in cracking top 6 at some point this season
Maybe it’s just me but I thought that was Podkolzin’s worst showing so far. Messed up zone entries multiple times on one shift. Had a couple nice looks off McDavid feeds and squandered them. Kid was probably nervous playing first line against his old team. But I don’t think he exactly rose to the occasion. May have actually been trying too hard.

Contrary to what others may have seen, I thought Arvidsson was fine. He looked really dangerous on the first Oilers PP set up in the low slot. I’ve seen him have four or five glorious chances in the two games I’ve watched him play. It’s a shame he hasn’t cashed some of them, but to me he looks fast and motivated.

I liked Stuart Skinner tonight as well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe it’s just me but I thought that was Podkolzin’s worst showing so far. Messed up zone entries multiple times on one shift. Had a couple nice looks off McDavid feeds and squandered them. Kid was probably nervous playing first line against his old team. But I don’t think he exactly rose to the occasion. May have actually been trying too hard.

Contrary to what others may have seen, I thought Arvidsson was fine. He looked really dangerous on the first Oilers PP set up in the low slot. I’ve seen him have four or five glorious chances in the two games I’ve watched him play. It’s a shame he hasn’t cashed some of them, but to me he looks fast and motivated.

I liked Stuart Skinner tonight as well.
Agreed. Podz had a rough game and Arvi had a pretty good one IMO. Jeff Skinner was pretty well invisible to me though. Made one good takeaway that almost led to a chance and was quiet beyond that and the penalty drawn. Hopefully the last 2 preseason games he starts to feel more comfortable with Drai and Arvi.

Reactions: harpoon

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Screenshot_20241001_002506.jpg

To all canucks lurkers

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I wanted them to match Holloway. In 38 games last year Holloway had more hits (91) than Skinner in almost 4 seasons combined (96).

They didnt have to match Holloway they just needed to send him not-a-lowball offer, or even just maintain thoughtful communication with his camp.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Connor brown was pretty important against Florida
Oh wow. He showed up in the SC final for like 3 of the games. Anybody with a pulse should b e able to motivate for that. The guy has been an abject floater. The whole I don't have confidence thing is BS. Interesting as well Connor Brown this offseason saying the same things he was last offseason that he's healthy, training hard, and prepared to be the best he's been. All words until he puts something together. This season we can't afford to carry guys like Brown around all year.

Brown scored 4 goals all season and only 2 in playoffs. Mott of the playoffs he was awful. Was so bad he was benched in some games. Not exactly important.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
First game of the season ?

RNH- McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Brown - Henrique - Janmark
Podkolzin - Philp - Ryan

Out : Perry

Bouchard - Ekholm
Nurse - Kulak
Emberson - Brown?

Skinner
Pickard

Doesnt look like a faster, stronger and deeper lineup to me.

Hope to be proven wrong.
I like the line up but would change Ryan for Lavoie

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
First game of the season ?

RNH- McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Brown - Henrique - Janmark
Podkolzin - Philp - Ryan

Out : Perry

Bouchard - Ekholm
Nurse - Kulak
Emberson - Brown?

Skinner
Pickard

Doesnt look like a faster, stronger and deeper lineup to me.

Hope to be proven wrong.
Josh Brown is not making this team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Keep the Drai line together. Did the organization not see this coming? Chemistry doesn’t happen without working together. Game six and they finally play together. By now JSkinner should have seen shifts with Drai and with McD. Maybe they’ll figure it out before we’re 2-9-1 like last year.
Struds said this last Monday. Said you can't just expect things to click, it might happen but if it doesn't you've kinda wasted time in getting it to click.

With the amount of new forwards they really needed to be trying actual lines sooner.

Seeing it NFL already how teams still aren't where they'd want to be and they are now around a fourth of the season done.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Struds said this last Monday. Said you can't just expect things to click, it might happen but if it doesn't you've kinda wasted time in getting it to click.

With the amount of new forwards they really needed to be trying actual lines sooner.

Seeing it NFL already how teams still aren't where they'd want to be and they are now around a fourth of the season done.
The nfl has a 16 game schedule and you can be out of it by week 4 depending on how things shake out. In the nhl you play 82 games and no one is out of it after the first month. It’s very different. The 49ers had a disastrous pre season with contract negotiations for Ayuik and injuries to CMC.

Would you prefer we play everybody for 8 games in the preseason and deal with injuries? Our offseason was less than 90 days. Slow is smart.

Last edited:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Oh wow. He showed up in the SC final for like 3 of the games. Anybody with a pulse should b e able to motivate for that. The guy has been an abject floater. The whole I don't have confidence thing is BS. Interesting as well Connor Brown this offseason saying the same things he was last offseason that he's healthy, training hard, and prepared to be the best he's been. All words until he puts something together. This season we can't afford to carry guys like Brown around all year.

Brown scored 4 goals all season and only 2 in playoffs. Mott of the playoffs he was awful. Was so bad he was benched in some games. Not exactly important.
Saying Brown was awful in the playoffs is a joke. As soon as he got healthy late in the season he played fantastic.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The nfl has a 16 game schedule and you can be out of it by week 4 depending on how things shake out. In the bbl you play 82 games and no one is out of it after the first month. It’s very different. The 49ers had a disastrous pre season with contract negotiations for Ayuik and injuries to CMC.

Would you prefer we play everybody for 8 games in the preseason and deal with injuries? Our offseason was less than 90 days. Slow is smart.
I mean are we always going to luck out and go on massive heaters when we have these shit starts?

And no I didn't say play everyone 8 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad