GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
FFS Sklnner is exhibit A of a player that has never been in playoffs and is the type of player that contributes to teams he's been on not making playoffs. I'm a purist. Its predictable I wouldn't want Jeff Skinner anywhere around here.

Every coach Skinner has ever had has problems with his play. I wonder why.

Never been a fan of his.

ohhhhh boyyyy white smoke flows from the chimney, Replac...I mean Drivesaitl has picked his annual whipping boy. Rejoice! Rejoice!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
ohhhhh boyyyy white smoke flows from the chimney, Replac...I mean Drivesaitl has picked his annual whipping boy. Rejoice! Rejoice!
lol jeff Skinner was the whipping boy contract of the entire NHL for awhile. At least we don't get him at his huge contractual price. Team is in a win situation. Skinner is a player that has been selfish and one dimenstional his entire career. He's not even doing that here thus far. Can't stand the guy. lol

My last whipping boys were Yamamoto and Connor Brown. Unfortunately wasn't wrong on either. But yeah, Skinner better perform, I'll have the whip out.

jk aside what coach has ever liked Jeff Skinners play. Serious question.

Scary thought. Now when I say f*** Skinner its in stereo.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
lol jeff Skinner was the whipping boy contract of the entire NHL for awhile. At least we don't get him at his huge contractual price. Team is in a win situation. Skinner is a player that has been selfish and one dimenstional his entire career. He's not even doing that here thus far. Can't stand the guy. lol

My last whipping boys were Yamamoto and Connor Brown. Unfortunately wasn't wrong on either. But yeah, Skinner better perform, I'll have the whip out.

lol this post is so bad.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

Connor brown was pretty important against Florida

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

I wanted them to match Holloway. In 38 games last year Holloway had more hits (91) than Skinner in almost 4 seasons combined (96).

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Hey, it was a fun game to watch.

Seen more live games already than I ever have before. Its so funny how the perspective totally changes from watching on TV to live.

Reactions: Oilhawks

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Keep the Drai line together. Did the organization not see this coming? Chemistry doesn’t happen without working together. Game six and they finally play together. By now JSkinner should have seen shifts with Drai and with McD. Maybe they’ll figure it out before we’re 2-9-1 like last year.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
JSkinner should play the last 2 games.. his play has given hope to guys like Podkolzin, Janmark and even Lavoie etc in cracking top 6 at some point this season
Maybe it’s just me but I thought that was Podkolzin’s worst showing so far. Messed up zone entries multiple times on one shift. Had a couple nice looks off McDavid feeds and squandered them. Kid was probably nervous playing first line against his old team. But I don’t think he exactly rose to the occasion. May have actually been trying too hard.

Contrary to what others may have seen, I thought Arvidsson was fine. He looked really dangerous on the first Oilers PP set up in the low slot. I’ve seen him have four or five glorious chances in the two games I’ve watched him play. It’s a shame he hasn’t cashed some of them, but to me he looks fast and motivated.

I liked Stuart Skinner tonight as well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe it’s just me but I thought that was Podkolzin’s worst showing so far. Messed up zone entries multiple times on one shift. Had a couple nice looks off McDavid feeds and squandered them. Kid was probably nervous playing first line against his old team. But I don’t think he exactly rose to the occasion. May have actually been trying too hard.

Contrary to what others may have seen, I thought Arvidsson was fine. He looked really dangerous on the first Oilers PP set up in the low slot. I’ve seen him have four or five glorious chances in the two games I’ve watched him play. It’s a shame he hasn’t cashed some of them, but to me he looks fast and motivated.

I liked Stuart Skinner tonight as well.
Agreed. Podz had a rough game and Arvi had a pretty good one IMO. Jeff Skinner was pretty well invisible to me though. Made one good takeaway that almost led to a chance and was quiet beyond that and the penalty drawn. Hopefully the last 2 preseason games he starts to feel more comfortable with Drai and Arvi.

Reactions: harpoon

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Screenshot_20241001_002506.jpg

To all canucks lurkers

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I wanted them to match Holloway. In 38 games last year Holloway had more hits (91) than Skinner in almost 4 seasons combined (96).

They didnt have to match Holloway they just needed to send him not-a-lowball offer, or even just maintain thoughtful communication with his camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad