GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
This is Stechers game as advertised. Bit of a rover, can skate puck right to net and create. Was one of the better Oilers.

Anybody else think the Drai line was horrible? Especially Skinner. Was like playing shorthanded all night and they could barely get the puck and anytime Skinner got it he lost it. I swear the only play Skinner made all night was in OT. Arviddsson too. Not sure what to make of this line.

Skinner was definitely rough out there. His hands are super rusty. He seemed a bit slow. To be fair, he hasn’t played much and its a new team and all that. Probably should have some patience but I expected more. Guess we will see. So hard to gauge preseason.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I think that's Arvidsson's game to a tee tbh.

He's pretty much Warren Foegele with better hands, finish, and less durability. Or Yamamoto with NHL Size and Strength.
considering Yammo would be a great NHLer if he had size and strength and a foegele with better hands is what everyone wanted last year...I don see how these are downsides.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I think that's Arvidsson's game to a tee tbh.

He's pretty much Warren Foegele with better hands, finish, and less durability. Or Yamamoto with NHL Size and Strength.
Post back injuries he isn't. This isn't Arviddson healthy here. This is the spent version that has had to come back from back surgeries. I don't know the prognosis for success is very good. Guy played 17 games last season and sucked in playoffs.

If you're talking Arvie in prime and healthy then yeah, it ain't the one we got.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
McDavid not sounding too happy with KK’s preseason race for the 13th forward. Honestly it’s the same bullshit every coach falls into. Making the team who played so late last year and expecting to play late this year have 8 preseason games is crap.

Didn’t watch. What do you mean?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Invisible. Hoffman has to wonder all day why he got 4pts and gets cut and Skinner done sweet f*** all and has a topsix spot guaranteed. Not a fan of this. Skinner just ain't sleepwalking here its what he is much of the time.
One has a 3m contract, the other didnt.

Its pretty easy to see why.

No teams are racing to pick up hoffman.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Seemed pissed that the entire team hasn’t played together yet and that they need to in order to start to increase the pace and build chemistry.
WE had the full forward complement except for Nuge and Hyman. Don't really get it as those 3 have played together so much that no familarity or chemistry really required. Its a set line and has been for years.

With DRai line they better be out every remaining game. Super rust there.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
WE had the full forward complement except for Nuge and Hyman. Don't really get it as those 3 have played together so much that no familarity or chemistry really required. Its a set line and has been for years.

And they were missing the top 3 D of the Oilers.

Theres more to it than just chemistry among forwards.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Post back injuries he isn't. This isn't Arviddson healthy here. This is the spent version that has had to come back from back surgeries. I don't know the prognosis for success is very good. Guy played 17 games last season and sucked in playoffs.

If you're talking Arvie in prime and healthy then yeah, it ain't the one we got.

Arvidsson was good tonight. Didn’t look like he’s struggling with lingering health issues. And he was one of the better Kings last playoffs too.

Leon will be just fine.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I think he was referring to the D pairs and the middle two lines who have barely played while KK test drives players everyone knows will never make the team.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Arvidsson was good tonight. Didn’t look like he’s struggling with lingering health issues. And he was one of the better Kings last playoffs too.

Leon will be just fine.
Arvie was awful in playoffs and outside of extra time I didn't see him doing anything in the two periods I watched. Missed the first so maybe he showed something there?

Maybe its Skinner being so awful but the line was brutal tonight. Only chances Drai got was without his linemates.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Arvie was awful in playoffs and outside of extra time I didn't see him doing anything in the two periods I watched. Missed the first so maybe he showed something there?

Maybe its Skinner being so awful but the line was brutal tonight. Only chances Drai got was without his linemates.
The only time Drai gave a shit was when he was paired with McDavid.

Draisaitl is as much to blame for his line doing nothing as the other 2 are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad