GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
There's going to be a lot of people here that will be crying for guys like McLeod, Holloway and Foegle, Broberg before this season hits the quarter pole mark. We basically lost every single one of our impact young drafted and developed players this offseason all at once. Guys like Skinner who will be invisible and will pop up for a goal here and there riding Draisaitls coattails and be invisible the rest of the night. Guys like Stetcher on this team is laughable.

The young guys we lost proved they were impactful when it mattered. Had speed and youth. Finals experience and fearlessness. I haven't seen anything from Skinner, Emberson, Stetcher in pre season to be excited. Bowman let 2 young guys walk. He now has his work cut out finding the exact players he let walk by March.

Bowman let them walk? That would be like getting robbed at gun point and saying that you "let the robber get away". They were offer sheeted. It's like not like walked them to free agency or waive them.

Dude was on the job for like 2 weeks. No reason for either guy to sign a contract if they thought offer sheets were a possibility.

This team went all the way to the SCF and youre already crapping on them... in the pre-season... after a win. Not sure what you are trying to prove here.

Also Stetcher is an NHL regular. Hes played almost 500 games in this league. You're kind of a dick for saying that it's "laughable that he's on the team". I actually think hes a pretty good 6-7 dman. He moves the puck well, has some jump to his game and coming off injury. Like did stetcher kick your dog or something?

Oh I also forgot to mention how you just seemed to forget about Arvidsson, who is basically our foegele upgrade. Was that because he won the game in the shootout and looked good already?

Last edited:

Thomas Tatar

Skinner is probably one of the more temperamental offensive players in the league, but he's still a guy who's capable of scoring at a PPG place in the right situation.

The Oiler's MO over the last few years has been they go as far as McDrai will take them. Even last season's game 7 was more or less all on their backs (outside of a hot streak by the 3rd line).

Holloway is a player I'd love to still have, but they needed Arvidsson and Skinner. Secondary offence is a massive piece to winning the cup;, as 2 guys and their main linemates can't do it alone. Plus I'm happy enough with Janmark and Podz in the role Holloway would have had, had he stayed.

A good comparison is the Avs. The year they won the cup they got big performances and moments out of not just MacK and Rantanen (and their linemates), but also Kadri and Burakovsky, who didn't see a ton of time with their dynamic duo. After they left, the Avs playoff results have gotten a lot more Oiler-ish.
I don’t disagree with you but I clearly believe Holloway will turn into a better player than you believe. I don’t believe Janmark nor Podkolzin will hold a candle stick to Holloway’s career when all is said and done. But that’s just my opinion.

I’m by no means an expert but Holloway always seemed to touch the puck when he played, gave me Hall-lite vibes. Janmark and Podz are serviceable bottom 6 players.

I truly hope I’m wrong, but I think we missed out on a good one.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad