GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thomas Tatar

Skinner is probably one of the more temperamental offensive players in the league, but he's still a guy who's capable of scoring at a PPG place in the right situation.

The Oiler's MO over the last few years has been they go as far as McDrai will take them. Even last season's game 7 was more or less all on their backs (outside of a hot streak by the 3rd line).

Holloway is a player I'd love to still have, but they needed Arvidsson and Skinner. Secondary offence is a massive piece to winning the cup;, as 2 guys and their main linemates can't do it alone. Plus I'm happy enough with Janmark and Podz in the role Holloway would have had, had he stayed.

A good comparison is the Avs. The year they won the cup they got big performances and moments out of not just MacK and Rantanen (and their linemates), but also Kadri and Burakovsky, who didn't see a ton of time with their dynamic duo. After they left, the Avs playoff results have gotten a lot more Oiler-ish.
I don’t disagree with you but I clearly believe Holloway will turn into a better player than you believe. I don’t believe Janmark nor Podkolzin will hold a candle stick to Holloway’s career when all is said and done. But that’s just my opinion.

I’m by no means an expert but Holloway always seemed to touch the puck when he played, gave me Hall-lite vibes. Janmark and Podz are serviceable bottom 6 players.

I truly hope I’m wrong, but I think we missed out on a good one.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I didn't think he looked bad at all, just looked like a bottom-pairing defensive guy. He had some poise, but he was basically the only NHL regular on the blueline. Because the Nucks are desperate to get a longer look at their minor leaguers lol.
Wasn't this the first game you guys played majority of your NHL club?
The reason the nucks iced the lineup the way they did was for a couple of reasons. Aside from Quinn and JT, all the regulars already played at least two games and with five days off before the finale and four spots open, two due to injury, they wanted to see who stood out without the regulars to defer to against a very good oilers team icing almost a full forward group.

I thought Dermott and Kulak looked good for you guys.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Wasn't this the first game you guys played majority of your NHL club?
The reason the nucks iced the lineup the way they did was for a couple of reasons. Aside from Quinn and JT, all the regulars already played at least two games and with five days off before the finale and four spots open, two due to injury, they wanted to see who stood out without the regulars to defer to against a very good oilers team icing almost a full forward group.
My dear brother in Christ, we literally DO NOT CARE about your shit team.

You're an oiler hater, full stop. Please stay on your board.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
My dear brother in Christ, we literally DO NOT CARE about your shit team.

You're an oiler hater, full stop. Please stay on your board.

It's probably mind blowing for them to realize that we don't all sit around here obsessing about the Canucks 24 hours a day like they do with the Oilers.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
It's probably mind blowing for them to realize that we don't all sit around here obsessing about the Canucks 24 hours a day like they do with the Oilers.
I would not be shocked to see the Canucks slip to 3rd in the division. Even 4th with a surprise team catching them

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t disagree with you but I clearly believe Holloway will turn into a better player than you believe. I don’t believe Janmark nor Podkolzin will hold a candle stick to Holloway’s career when all is said and done. But that’s just my opinion.

I’m by no means an expert but Holloway always seemed to touch the puck when he played, gave me Hall-lite vibes. Janmark and Podz are serviceable bottom 6 players.

I truly hope I’m wrong, but I think we missed out on a good one.
Holloway was a guy I would have bitten the bullet and kept. Broberg I would have let walk.

That said, I do think Podkolzin will do a decent enough job at filling his skates. He's not as fast, but he's got hands and throws his weight around.

I would not be shocked to see the Canucks slip to 3rd in the division. Even 4th with a surprise team catching them
they're very, very lucky LA just lost Doughty for months. the Canucks are absolutely primed for a slide.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Holloway was a guy I would have bitten the bullet and kept. Broberg I would have let walk.

That said, I do think Podkolzin will do a decent enough job at filling his skates. He's not as fast, but he's got hands and throws his weight around.

they're very, very lucky LA just lost Doughty for months. the Canucks are absolutely primed for a slide.
IMO, St. Louis paid 7M avv for Broberg. Holloway was a throw in piece. I would be surprised if he received a qualifying offer in 2 years.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
A stand-up bike?!?!? OMG that looks like an excruciating experience for the quads and glutes! Have you considered a recumbent? The sit down position might be better for your medical condition (not prying here, just speculating).

This SC (and more to the point the immediate aftermath) was far less heartbreaking for me... the gaps in our team were pretty obvious and we didn't have the cap space to address them.

I am optimistic for this year mostly because of the offensive depth (Henrique, Skinner, Arvidsson and still eventually Kane... in that order) and cap space flexibility for the deadline... will be HUGE.

Next year... I've written that off in advance, too huge a jump in salaries, not yet offset by cap rise... but we should progressively get in stronger position for 2026 and beyond.
Stand up bikes are the training future. Many athletes have tried these on for size whether it be the halfbike which is pretty tough to master or the many eliptical outdoor bikes available. Its a next wave. These bikes allow all the benefits of indoor ellipticals except outside and moving. The Elliptigo I pictured is the top range bike of these models and they even offer a mou ntain bike option. For anybody with any injury, back trouble, or other they can be great. As it is on my former bike I was riding it around standing up but the frame isn't meant for that, and on thee bikes it is. Only thing is you cannot ride them well in wind conditions. Standing up acts like a sail as you'd know.

Yeah, I should be more optimistic with the team this year. Thanks again for the exchange and helping me some of that light. Strangely I took last year harder than 2006.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad