GDT: PRESEASON GAME 5: New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers Oct 1 7 PM TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Adam Edstrom, the Son of Yeah.

1727841961821.png

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
So how do you pronounce "Garand?"

This broadcast has been saying "Gairand"

In my head I've been saying it more French...

"Garr-ond"
Is he Czech? Because then I believe it's pronounced "Goldeelock"

What do we have with Bread?
Usually peanut butter and jelly but if I'm feeling frisky, some fluff too.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So I noticed that NHL.com just isn't counting preseason stats at all.

It says Edstrom (1), Mancini (1). They've definitely scored before. Don't see anywhere where you can see it.

I think a lot of people would be interested to see how some guys are doing.

It's such a bush league website. I can go on MLB.com and still pull up comprehensive spring training stats and it's the playoffs. I can go on WNBA.com and find out when any girl in the league farted in her sleep last night, and that's a league with far fewer resources.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The sequence last night of Rempe attempting to make a hit, whiffs completely and slams into the wall, skates over and tries to make another hit and loses his stick, therefore becoming useless was pure art

A side show in all his glory

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Edstrom, Rempe, Mancini, Othmann, Berard are all players, as far as the young guys. Mancini is a top 4 next year. Edstrom and Rempe both look far more ready than last year. Rempe is becoming more moose on skates than baby deer. He probably won’t reach “final form” for another year or two. He’s goi g to be a terror. Oth and Berard need to improve their play away from the puck. I believe they will be able to work on that in Hartford. And it think both have a chance to stick with the team, but most likely around the New Year. I keep saying this, but Othmann is the type to be a better NHLer than minor leaguer. He’s not a solo highlight type player, but he uses his teammates well, makes himself available for passes and has a legit shot. And he has grit for days. Exactly what we need in the top nine. The more talented the people he is on ice with the better he is going to be. That’s my take. If I end up wrong feel free to mercilessly break my balls. Hahaha.
Kakko looks like he is coming around. But he’s looked that way before. I really think 24-72-50 will have a tangible impact this season if Chytil can stay healthy. And honestly he looks far more durable than in the past. Still needs to avoid about half the abuse he is taking.
Looking forward to the season!

As far as Rempe missing on some hits, he’s still disrupting the play. Opposing players see him coming and are way more worried about getting hit than making the play. Taking the hit to make the play isn’t an option for a player he is bearing down on. Of course he’s going to miss more when avoiding him is the opposition’s priority…

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Edstrom, Rempe, Mancini, Othmann, Berard are all players, as far as the young guys. Mancini is a top 4 next year. Edstrom and Rempe both look far more ready than last year. Rempe is becoming more moose on skates than baby deer. He probably won’t reach “final form” for another year or two. He’s goi g to be a terror. Oth and Berard need to improve their play away from the puck. I believe they will be able to work on that in Hartford. And it think both have a chance to stick with the team, but most likely around the New Year. I keep saying this, but Othmann is the type to be a better NHLer than minor leaguer. He’s not a solo highlight type player, but he uses his teammates well, makes himself available for passes and has a legit shot. And he has grit for days. Exactly what we need in the top nine. The more talented the people he is on ice with the better he is going to be. That’s my take. If I end up wrong feel free to mercilessly break my balls. Hahaha.
Kakko looks like he is coming around. But he’s looked that way before. I really think 24-72-50 will have a tangible impact this season if Chytil can stay healthy. And honestly he looks far more durable than in the past. Still needs to avoid about half the abuse he is taking.

As far as Rempe missing on some hits, he’s still disrupting the play. Opposing players see him coming and are way more worried about getting hit than making the play. Taking the hit to make the play isn’t an option for a player he is bearing down on. Of course he’s going to miss more when avoiding him is the opposition’s priority…

Yup.

There were moron devil fans laughing at one shift where he missed one and didn't really connect on 2 others but he caused a bad touch or a bail out on all 3.

Edstrom is demonstrably better than he is though.

Reactions: bhamill

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

It says Edstrom (1), Mancini (1). They've definitely scored before. Don't see anywhere where you can see it.

It's such a bush league website. I can go on MLB.com and still pull up comprehensive spring training stats and it's the playoffs. I can go on WNBA.com and find out when any girl in the league farted in her sleep last night, and that's a league with far fewer resources.
Definitely bush league website. I wasn't keeping track so I don't know how accurate this is below.

The stats do show what I've been seeing with ice team. So I'm going to assume most of it is somewhat tracked.

Kakko, Cuylle, Edstrom and Othmann have been given the most minutes among forwards which I do like seeing in preason (Some of that is a direct result to games played)

Cuylle has been playing like he has no fear of another player taking his spot. I was hoping for a little more from him but it's preason and he's not losing his spot I guess. They're giving Kakko plenty of opportunity to get going before the season starts. Othmann and Edstrom got a long look and a real opportunity to make the team, unlike prior years where you kinda' knew a player had no shot, regardless of how much Sam and Joe hyped up that players are in competition for spots.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm open to an Edstrom-Carrick-Brodzinski 4th line for now. I like Rempe's game quite a bit but I think him playing 15 minutes a night in Hartford would be beneficialfor his development and he doesn't require waivers

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Yup.

There were moron devil fans laughing at one shift where he missed one and didn't really connect on 2 others but he caused a bad touch or a bail out on all 3.

Edstrom is demonstrably better than he is though.
I agree Edstrom is showing more in a lot of areas. He's got two years of development on Rempe though. Rempe in two years... may be a very rare player.
I'm hoping both of them get a lot of time on the 4th line this year.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The sequence last night of Rempe attempting to make a hit, whiffs completely and slams into the wall, skates over and tries to make another hit and loses his stick, therefore becoming useless was pure art

A side show in all his glory
Rempe has become overrated by some of the fanbase. He has a long way to go.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This is going to be a 3 line team in the playoffs unless something substantial changes.

The key is to try to take what we have and jerry-rig it into three functional units. I don't think Cuyll-Chytil-Kakko is the right fit.

But play Rempe and Carrick all you want during the regular season, but they should never see double digt minutes in meaningful games.

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This is going to be a 3 line team in the playoffs unless something substantial changes.

The key is to try to take what we have and jerry-rig it into three functional units. I don't think Cuyll-Chytil-Kakko is the right fit.

But play Rempe and Carrick all you want during the regular season, but they should never see double digt minutes in meaningful games.
We should be so lucky. We were essentially a 1-line team all last season.

I think Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko will be fine. The Laf-Chytil-Kakko line was very good for us 2 years ago. Cuylle isn't Laf, but Laf wasn't Laf then either. Chytil staying healthy will be the key. He is the one who will drive that line.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Just the regular scoring stats--games played-goals-assists-points-pm's:

Kreider 2-3-2-5-2
Jones 3-3-2-5-0
Edstrom 4-3-1-4-2
Chytil 3-2-2-4-0
Othmann 5-1-3-4-7
Mancini 4-2-1-3-0
Brodzinski 3-1-2-3-0
Trouba 2-0-3-3-2
Trocheck 2-1-1-2-0
Mackey 4-1-1-2-14
Blidh 2-1-1-2-2
Erne 2-0-2-2-7
Groulx 3-0-2-2-5
Berard 3-0-2-2-0
Belzile 1-1-0-1-0
Fox 2-1-0-1-0
Kakko 3-1-0-1-0
Lafreniere 2-0-1-1-0
Miller 2-0-1-1-0
Smith 2-0-1-1-0
Zibanejad 2-0-1-1-0
Cuylle 3-0-1-1-0

Others who haven't scored any points:

1 game--BMB, Roobroeck, Lindgren, Harpur, Robertson, Bowey, Hillman, Jenkins, Sucese
2 games--Panarin, Carrick, Rempe, Vesey, Leschyshyn, Sykora, Chmelar, Schneider, Ruhwedel, Scanlin, Fitzgerald.

Quick has made 3 appearances. Sheshterkin, Domingue and Garand 2 times.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I'm really beat. I was reading that and I read it as 24 goals-72 assists at first glance lol :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad