GDT: Preseason game 3: Sharks @ Ducks 7:00pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vortexy

Jun 13, 2024
More glaze from the ducks broadcast towards Guschin lol but I have to say seeing how well Goose is playing, Musty has not looked good. So many turnovers from him in the neutral/offensive zone trying to dangle through guys

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I've been delighted by a lot of guys this game. Halts, Goose, Cardwell, Dellandrea, Thrun, Cagnoni.

Some negatives:
Dickinson plays too high risk and too slow but I feel he can fix it with more seasoning.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
All things considered, not a bad game with very much our B/C squad and Anaheim with some of their big guns in.
  • + Gushchin is getting to pucks and making dangerous plays happen. He and Cardwell both look really solid. I'm sure they'll get NHL games and hopefully can bring that energy. Still think Gush is likely to get moved but if he plays like this maybe he gets a real chance.
  • + Halttunen impressed me with his off-puck game actually. Threw a big hit for a great scoring chance, a couple slick passes, effort.
  • + Cagnoni looks good. Not NHL good, but AHL good, and with continued time I'm pretty excited about him. I think it's a step up to see him playing solidly against real NHLers. Definitely Boyle flavored... sometimes caved in in his zone, but also sometimes uses smarts, skating, and positioning to win pucks
  • +/- McTavish bullied Dellandrea a few times... but, Delle looks pretty solid. McTavish is a stud, so it's not like we should expect it to go the other way.
  • +/- Carlsson looks very good. Turnstiled Dickinson at least twice. Dick looks very young, but not in a worrisome way... he just needs lots of time.
  • - Musty isn't keeping up with the game. The few times he gets a little space, he eases up and then gets caught. That said, not worried... he is trying hard and you can still see the potential. Just nowhere near ready. Still might make sense to keep him around the NHL club for 9 games to soak it all in and see how much he needs to work on, but I would now be surprised to see it.
  • --- Man, Kostin is trash. He is such a big guy, but he looks out of shape. He's behind the play, he's dragging, when he gets the puck the game overwhelms him. Probably (speculating) came into camp totally unprepared. I don't think the goal and OT assist helps his case much unless he does that a bunch more, but I'm not quite sure they'd do anything other than keep him on the roster. Might be this year's Zadina.
  • - Coe does not look good. Reminds me a lot of Bailey - he's fast and he gets around but there's never much going on otherwise.
  • - Givani Smith will probably make the roster but it's pretty brutal out there.
  • ~ Benning looks very much a bottom pair replacement level player. But he's an NHL defenseman. Thrun looks like he may be a #5 now... no spikes but plays solid enough.
  • ~Not worried about Eklund, he looked like he wasn't going full speed all the time but still had a lot of great slippery moments down low and on the half wall.
  • -- And lastly, our D really need to stop throwing grenades when they get the puck. That said, I feel like there's often a lack of centerman or winger support when we force a turnover in the DZ. Puck turned over in the corner -- there should be three options, strong side up the wall to the winger, reverse behind the net or opposite corner to your D partner, or a touch pass to the bottom of the circle/dot to your centerman. We often don't have the third option and the D often panics and chips up the wall to a mess, or just lobs it out to try to get a change / ices the puck. Same shit as last year, really hope we can adjust when the real games start.
PS F*** Cutter Gauthier. Every game he doesn't score will be a good game for me. He looks very much the same as he did at BC -- just ripping shots without much thought. Thankfully at this level he no longer looks like a physical bully also. Although he did effectively seal out EK72 in OT.
PPS Zegras did not look good. But he also didn't look like he was trying.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad