GDT: Preseason game 1: Sharks vs. Golden Knights 5pm Streamed on sharks.nhl.com

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I saw that the Sharks' twitter account confirmed that it's geo-restricted (I'd been hoping at least that this was just some kind of error).

This is legitimately unfathomable to me, and really more evidence of the backwards way this organization has been run for a while now (not speaking about Grier and hockey ops). It was mentioned earlier today, but look at the f***ing website. A joke.

You have fans around the country, around the world, excited for this moment, and this is how you treat them? Just disgusting and straight-up embarrassing.
I imagine it's some nonsense baked into a legacy cable contract, rather than something intentional or an oversight. But yeah, feels like a slap in the face to devotees away from the bay. I was able to use a VPN to get access.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
NHL owners would need new contracts with their regional service to eliminate blackouts.

And espn+ would no longer have to carry all the out of market games (excluding exclusive national games).

Eklund72

Apr 8, 2007
Didn’t like Celebrini just walking into that hit. But good on Smith. If we’re not gonna be winning many games atleast protect Celebrini

Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
NHL owners would need new contracts with their regional service to eliminate blackouts.

And espn+ would no longer have to carry all the out of market games (excluding exclusive national games).

We are, what, 4th year into this TV contract and ESPN+ has done nothing to improve. It's ancient technology now.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Klim was Kostin us 1st overall on his random hot streak and that worked out OK, but he might also might be Kostin Celebrini a few points this season if they roll with that line, I would rather have a different winger with him.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
It's a preseason game but it's against Vegas B squad, so I understand the frustration of fans haha.
I love Celebrini that's for damn sure, just hoped the stream would be better with the audio timing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad