GDT: Preseason Game 1: Red Wings at chicago 9/25/24 8:00 pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (91).png

Screenshot (92).png

Game will be streamed on the Wings website! Let's Go Boys!

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Hopefully, I get the stream working because I love watching prospect-heavy preseason games. Looking forward to seeing that lineup. Especially, the 3L.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Finnie is progressing nicely for a 2023 7th round pick, but centering an NHL preseason game seems like a big ask at this point. He better not drag my boys Mazur and Lombardi down

Last edited:
Reactions: Henkka and lilidk

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Finnie is progressing nicely for a 2023 7th round pick, but centering an NHL preseason game seems like a big ask at this point. He better not drag my boys Mazur and Lombardi down
I don’t think they will get much TOI regardless of who the centre is on that line.
Maybe 9-12 minutes tonight.
Hopefully I’m wrong though. Got free tickets to the Montreal game last night, and in all honesty I think the preseason should be more about evaluation of the younger players than anything else.

Getting a few good reps in for the starters is important, but the first few games when everyone is carrying pretty much 2-3 full teams of players should be more for evaluation than all else

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Man i wish I didn't work 2-10, I would've totally went tonight. Just glad hockey is back and I'm going to have to snag tickets to the Nov 6 game.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I’m betting Soderblom - Kasper - MBN outplays Motte - Veleno - Watson by a good bit.

Watson is in there to protect everyone else because shit can get pretty stupid in preseason games sometimes. There's always some young prospect looking to make a mark by blowing up a NHL star. I am glad to see him in the lineup during preseason, even if he doesn't make the roster.

I bet he outplays his wingers.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Protect... The presence of Watson makes dumb shit happening far more likely than not. The absolute most he can do is take a dumb penalty after the fact. No one is afraid of Austin Watson.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Protect... The presence of Watson makes dumb shit happening far more likely than not. The absolute most he can do is take a dumb penalty after the fact. No one is afraid of Austin Watson.

When is the last time you were punched by a guy that's 6'4" 238 lbs?

Watson is pretty mediocre for a heavy weight, but he'll demolish the average sized player. I know you don't get the concept of an enforcer and never will, but there's a reason why they exist. That's proof enough of your knowledge gap.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I’m so confused where are you guys seeing the lines at?

I also lost my job and just got back from the gym so I might be stupid and blind because I’m exhausted lol

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I had a dust up in my own game last night, still a little fired up, so I'm ready for some Austin Watson fireworks. Let's get it on.

Reactions: Steve91

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
When is the last time you were punched by a guy that's 6'4" 238 lbs?

Watson is pretty mediocre for a heavy weight, but he'll demolish the average sized player. I know you don't get the concept of an enforcer and never will, but there's a reason why they exist. That's proof enough of your knowledge gap.
You might be afraid of getting smacked around, but the flies he's allegedly keeping off don't give two shits about Austin Watson or getting punched in the helmet and/or visor. Running guys is the key to their livelihood. They're going to run whoever whenever. The dirtiest era of the league is when every team had a 4th line and 3rd pairing stacked with meatheads on skates. Didn't deter a damn thing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad