GDT: Preseason Game 1: Red Wings at chicago 9/25/24 8:00 pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I had a dust up in my own game last night, still a little fired up, so I'm ready for some Austin Watson fireworks. Let's get it on.
Guys do some crazy stuff.

My brother has been in a 40+ beer league for a few years. He got my dad to join last season and they roped me in this year. Last week was the first of two nights for evaluation skates. The team captains sit together, watch everybody, and agree on a 1-5 rating for each player. Then there's a draft, with each team only allowed so many 1's/2's/etc. to keep the teams somewhat balanced.

So there I was, having not played in like 15 years (and wasn't very good back then), just trying to survive the 60 minutes while attempting to occasionally be useful out there. Intercept a pass, poke check a scoring chance, that kinda stuff. Preferably without getting absolutely walked on a regular basis by the players who can actually skate.

And a guy who apparently thinks that NHL scouts are not only in the building, but looking for an enforcer, decides to take out a guy's skates heading into the corner, and then ends up in a (brief) fight with him when - surprise surprise - he's less than thrilled about it.

Yahoos.

Reactions: jaster

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Guys do some crazy stuff.

My brother has been in a 40+ beer league for a few years. He got my dad to join last season and they roped me in this year. Last week was the first of two nights for evaluation skates. The team captains sit together, watch everybody, and agree on a 1-5 rating for each player. Then there's a draft, with each team only allowed so many 1's/2's/etc. to keep the teams somewhat balanced.

So there I was, having not played in like 15 years (and wasn't very good back then), just trying to survive the 60 minutes while attempting to occasionally be useful out there. Intercept a pass, poke check a scoring chance, that kinda stuff. Preferably without getting absolutely walked on a regular basis by the players who can actually skate.

And a guy who apparently thinks that NHL scouts are not only in the building, but looking for an enforcer, decides to take out a guy's skates heading into the corner, and then ends up in a (brief) fight with him when - surprise surprise - he's less than thrilled about it.

Yahoos.
Welcome back to the fold, hopefully you get your legs back soon. I recently skated for the first time in 6 weeks and I thought I was going to die. 15 years sounds painful.

Yeah, the yahoos are always prevalent in beer league. Funny enough, the game I played last night is in a league that is normally very chill. The team we played didn't participate the past couple seasons, but came back for the current season that just started. And they have a few clowns. Our game had about 30 seconds left, we were down 6-4 but were pushing. I had the puck, gained the blue line on a curl, and one of their worst players who had been slewfooting in the corners earlier in the game tried to blind side level me with speed against the grain. I saw him in my peripheral and gave enough of a reverse hit that neither of us went down. 5 seconds later after I had passed the puck I saw him looking over his shoulder for me.... since he knew he had attempted some bullshit and figured I'd be coming after him. Well, I didn't. Until the horn sounded. I was near him and gave him a pretty mild slash to his stick (to get his attention) and told him not to do that shit again. Well, his reaction was to scream obscenities, rush toward me, and say "you wanna slash me again!?" So I did, then immediately crosschecked him in the chest and sent him to the ice. He started to get up in a fury, but then other players interceded and things calmed down. Am I proud of that? No. Do I regret it? No. F*** that guy. He sucked, and his strategy to mitigate that was to play like a total ass.

Ok, time to head to the game. I'll wave to you guys. I'll have a Flying Toasters jersey on :laugh:

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I’m so confused where are you guys seeing the lines at?

I also lost my job and just got back from the gym so I might be stupid and blind because I’m exhausted lol

Shit sorry to hear that.

You weren't sleeping with the bosses wife were you?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

1st line: The 3 best forwards on the roster under 30. Try it out.
2nd line: The player missing from that line is Fischer. Try-out for Watson, needs to make an impact.
3rd line: I really like this line. If Soderblom can gell with those guys.. that'd be fun to watch.
4th line: Is a challenge to Mazur. The other two need more development. Be the best player on the line.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Me and hockeyball:

want-demand.gif

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
Welcome back to the fold, hopefully you get your legs back soon. I recently skated for the first time in 6 weeks and I thought I was going to die. 15 years sounds painful.

Yeah, the yahoos are always prevalent in beer league. Funny enough, the game I played last night is in a league that is normally very chill. The team we played didn't participate the past couple seasons, but came back for the current season that just started. And they have a few clowns. Our game had about 30 seconds left, we were down 6-4 but were pushing. I had the puck, gained the blue line on a curl, and one of their worst players who had been slewfooting in the corners earlier in the game tried to blind side level me with speed against the grain. I saw him in my peripheral and gave enough of a reverse hit that neither of us went down. 5 seconds later after I had passed the puck I saw him looking over his shoulder for me.... since he knew he had attempted some bullshit and figured I'd be coming after him. Well, I didn't. Until the horn sounded. I was near him and gave him a pretty mild slash to his stick (to get his attention) and told him not to do that shit again. Well, his reaction was to scream obscenities, rush toward me, and say "you wanna slash me again!?" So I did, then immediately crosschecked him in the chest and sent him to the ice. He started to get up in a fury, but then other players interceded and things calmed down. Am I proud of that? No. Do I regret it? No. F*** that guy. He sucked, and his strategy to mitigate that was to play like a total ass.

Ok, time to head to the game. I'll wave to you guys. I'll have a Flying Toasters jersey on :laugh:
Crazy stuff. I've never been in a hockey fight but I was in a bar this one time while in New York. I want to say it was either Queens or the Bronx, can't really remember. Anyway, all these bikers come rolling through and stop in the bar. Of course they're being all rowdy and get asked to leave which they did not take kindly to. So this Italian dude locks the door and says, "There, now you can't leave". The all hell broke loose.

But I'm just sitting there thinking like, "now you can't leave? Wtf?"

Reactions: jaster

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
“Brandsegg-Nygard” on the jersey. I thought I heard he was switching to just “Nygard”?

Reactions: izlez

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Crazy stuff. I've never been in a hockey fight but I was in a bar this one time while in New York. I want to say it was either Queens or the Bronx, can't really remember. Anyway, all these bikers come rolling through and stop in the bar. Of course they're being all rowdy and get asked to leave which they did not take kindly to. So this Italian dude locks the door and says, "There, now you can't leave". The all hell broke loose.

But I'm just sitting there thinking like, "now you can't leave? Wtf?"
"...you'se..."

• Haha
Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad