GDT: Preseason Game 1: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN2, MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Those triangle goals are becoming more and more common. I think the Markstrom one was worse.
That one was a real muffin. That's a little weaker than the ones I usually notice, as that wasn't even a good shot IMO. But....This guy isn't an NHL goalie, so I'm not at all surprised.

The dead angle goals are the ones that I find really common, and never realized it before I started watching every single goal around the league. I see one of those maybe once a night, if there's more than 2 or 3 games on.

The Markstrom one did look like a glove whiff though.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Keefe will have his work cut out for him with matchups. NJ doesn’t have an all situations two way defender to my eyes. Maybe Nemec is the closest?

Nemec still has a ways to go defensively to be that guy. Pesce isn't really that guy either but he's probably be the closest

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Nemec still has a ways to go defensively to be that guy. Pesce isn't really that guy either but he's probably be the closest
Peace isn’t going to scare anyone with the puck. I agree that Nemec is not there yet but with some growth he showse thr most potential for having that sort of game.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Peace isn’t going to scare anyone with the puck. I agree that Nemec is not there yet but with some growth he showse thr most potential for having that sort of game.

He's not but I think if they're going to lean on a guy they'd lean on the better defensive player.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Keefe will have his work cut out for him with matchups. NJ doesn’t have an all situations two way defender to my eyes. Maybe Nemec is the closest?
The hope is certainly Nemec is that guy... don't think we are there yet though...who knows maybe his year 2 progress is insane? But yeah I don't think we have a two way all situation defender right now...we do have some very nice complimentary paintings though. I also hold out hope that Luke can be a well rounded guy too in time.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The hope is certainly Nemec is that guy... don't think we are there yet though...who knows maybe his year 2 progress is insane? But yeah I don't think we have a two way all situation defender right now...we do have some very nice complimentary paintings though. I also hold out hope that Luke can be a well rounded guy too in time.
Luke is already a game breaker. We will see how he pans out defensively.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad