GDT: Preseason game 1: Sharks vs. Golden Knights 5pm Streamed on sharks.nhl.com

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Unfortunately, his teammates are allergic to finishing
Eklund to Celebrini whilst having flashbacks of being paired with Kunin:
1727056208193.png

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
We haven't seen Smith tonight, and really, other than Mukhamadullin (also not playing), I don't think anyone would have thought the other kids would have any realistic expectation of playing in the NHL this year (Musty would fit in the AHL as a learning experience, but that's not possible, which is the only reason anyone has mentioned him and the Sharks in the same breath for this season.

This feels like some bizarre revisionist history, but the problem is that was just a week ago so you can't fool people so easily.
There's been a ton of talk about Musty competing for an NHL spot and even a little bit about Cagnoni.

Should note that although I did a shit job of expressing it, I was only meaning to refer to the guys playing in this game. In no way was I commenting on Smith's readiness.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Been impressed with Cagnoni, Celebrini, Granlund, Eklund, Graf to some extent.

Dickinson and Musty have been not great. Dickinson will make a great play then chain it with an ungodly bad turnover. Just not confident in reading the ice at this speed right now. Musty is trying to forecheck, he's trying to be physical, but he gets caught puckwatching and waiting too often. He also stops moving his feet and looks for the puck, then he either gets the puck and is immediately attacked and loses the puck cause he stopped moving, or he never gets the puck because the would-be passer recognizes that he's being a stump.

Anyways. All that's to say this is just the critical eye. There are lots of good things with Musty and Dickinson under the surface. It's also game one of preseason and things can change on a dime. Hell Musty could have a hatty next period lol
I definitely agree that Musty and Dickinson haven't looked great, but I want to emphasize that they have been positioned for failure and that literally nobody outside of the guys you mentioned has even looked NHL-caliber. Sturm and Dellandrea have been just absolutely hot garbage, and Ceci is exactly the player I've said he was all-along. How can we expect Musty to look good when he's hardly even had the chance to touch the puck? How can we expect Dickinson to execute good breakouts when there's literally no one open for him to pass too. I just don't think we should be whining about a couple of teenagers when the NHL vets around them have been a steaming pile.

vortexy

Jun 13, 2024
Cagnoni has honestly looked like he belongs. Obviously he’s going to have some struggles in the defensive end but in terms of managing the PP1 and transitioning the puck to the forwards fast, he has been excellent. Very excited to see his performance in the AHL this season

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
This feels like some bizarre revisionist history, but the problem is that was just a week ago so you can't fool people so easily.
Did you watch the games or just look at the box score? Musty was shockingly awful without the puck, repeatedly failing to get it off the wall or turning it over on the breakout. He wasn't physical. Basically unnoticeable apart from his points and mistakes.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Did you watch the games or just look at the box score? Musty was shockingly awful without the puck, repeatedly failing to get it off the wall or turning it over on the breakout. He wasn't physical. Basically unnoticeable apart from his points and mistakes.
I watched the games. But I wasn't looking only for things to bitch about--I was looking as well for positives. And I could see them.

What's your weird fetish with shitting on kids that fans start to get excited about? I know you can't do that with someone like Celebrini because he's at a different, untouchable level, so instead you look at guys with talent but warts, like Musty and Cagnoni. And it's f***ing insufferable.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It's hard to judge the NHL-locks because they are going to go at 100%, or anything close to it. Ceci's been bad, but he's obviously an NHL talent.

Reactions: Star Platinum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad